Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What can you guys tell me about Bam Adebayo? He seemed pretty good in what I saw of him against Vanderbilt (who are not very good, mind you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

There is a 7 foot guy with a 7'10" arm span in 2018

Is he a huge stiff or does he have actual skills?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Lonzo Ball declared today, not that it's any surprise

Presumably it'll result in his dad picking another fight with somebody anyways

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Can any of you tell me much about Isaiah Haretnstein? Givony has him going to the Raps.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

You best believe that if the Celtics get steam rolled by the Cavs and ITs defense sucks (it will) you best believe the Celtics are not going to max out a 5'7" point guard who is going to be 30.

Did you wanna throw a couple more best believes in there?

I bet Boston throws their chequebook at Paul if they decline to re-sign Thomas, though. They have a fuckton of space.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kibner posted:

I think he was talking about Paul George?

Nope, meant Chris Paul. I figure Boston wants a superstar PG. Didn't know about the labour stuff though, that's interesting. That all said, I'd not rule out them pursuing George, because George can play a bunch of positions AND he gives them a #1 scoring option who can go on the rides at Six Flags.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 4, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kibner posted:

Oh. I thought he wanted Paul George and then draft Fultz to take Thomas' place. Shows what I know!

I mean, your idea isn't bad! A core of George, Horford, and Fultz could really do some damage. Especially with how bad the East is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Raps pick 23rd, any value whatsoever to be had there?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
CBS put up guide to lottery outcomes, lots of fun to be had. Although I scoff at the idea that the Pels need no help with Davis and Cousins in town. Team needs depth bad and having a raw young guy who can do things well and might get better is a definite need. But anyways.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2017-nba-draft-lottery-breaking-down-the-five-most-uproarious-potential-outcomes/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Marv Marinovich needs to be on the parent list

quote:

After harming his own National Football League lineman career by overtraining and focusing too much on weight and bulk, Marv studied Eastern Bloc training methods and was hired by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis as the NFL's first strength-and-conditioning coach.[1] Marv later opened his own athletic research center and applied the techniques to his young son, introducing athletic training before Marinovich could leave the crib and continuing it throughout his childhood and adolescence.[2] Marv saw an opportunity to use techniques, focusing on speed and flexibility, that later formed the basis for modern core training. During her pregnancy, Trudi used no salt, sugar, alcohol, or tobacco; as a baby, Marinovich was fed only fresh vegetables, fruits, and raw milk.[1] Marv Marinovich commented "Some guys think the most important thing in life is their jobs, the stock market, whatever. To me, it was my kids. The question I asked myself was, How well could a kid develop if you provided him with the perfect environment?"[1]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Im starting to legit think that Ball could be there at 5. I'd be mentally prepared for him or Fox.

Ball in Sacramento would probably make Lavar explode so I'd be into it.

Wouldn't Sac be a terrible spot for Ball because of his difficulty shooting? Sactown isn't exactly rife with great passers who can give him open looks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The best DMX thing was him reacting incredulously to Barack Obama's name.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

This is going to be a fun draft to look back on in five or six years, because it feels like to me that the top 12 picks are going to breakdown into 4 all-stars, 3 mid to low end starters, 3 useful rotation guys and 2 total busts - but I have no idea really which players will end up in which category.

I feel like it'd be fairly surprising if Fultz wasn't at least a solid rotation guy, but I otherwise agree.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've not seen him play. But Dennis Smith sounds like one of those guys who works out really poorly for his draft team, gets a bit of maturity, and proceeds to crush it for some team that takes a flier on him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MourningView posted:

Magic said they were still looking for a point guard or something to that effect, I think, and they played him off ball a lot at the end of the year (though they were also tanking at the end of the year so). But really I think it'll just depend on who they think the BPA is. If it's a PG they'll move Russell off ball. If they decide they'd rather have Jackson he'll probably stay at PG

Is Jackson a good fit for the Lakers?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Lonzo Ball gonna pull a Maciej Lampe.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not looking forward to this offseason as a Raps fan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Tell me about Terrence Ferguson.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

Terrence Ross

Haha that's interesting cause a mock or two has Toronto taking him. Ugh. I think I'd rather have Anunoby unless there's a really good shooter available.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

When we do player comps we're usually just using an accessible archetype to fill in the big gaps left when you haven't observed someone, but he is Terrence Ross. They could be brothers. We don't know if he'll be a rich man's T Ross, a poor man's, or something else, but he was not good in Australia this year, but to be fair that league is physical and the 2 or 3 other NBA rotation players who went there instead of college didn't look like anything in their rookie seasons in the ABL.

He's an incredibly agile and athletic and long wing who has a great jumper, but the only other thing he can do is make straight line drives toward the rim. No defense, no passing, no special handle, but he's got Tools baby, and maybe you get lucky and he works hard in the G league, and becomes a steal, now that he's being mocked to good teams at the bottom pf the first. What if he falls to the Warriors and becomes the player who gives them an excuse to trade Klay Thompson in 2 years. (There is .0001% chance of that happening). What if he replaces Danny Green with an all star level shooter and defender for the Spurs?

I'm overplaying the possibilities. Odds are that if he makes it as an NBA player, it will be as a backup shooter who occasionally makes huge dunks off of cuts and alley oops

I think the fact that he can't play d or pass for poo poo just makes me prefer Anunoby more, every scouting report I read talks about his defensive ability already being NBA quality and he's a strong offensive rebounder. Because Toronto's main options are volume scorers I think that's important. Obviously in this draft we're not gonna get much value at #23 unless Ujiri can pull a fast one. Might as well grab a guy who can add qualities your team needs.

Keep in mind I'm largely going by scouting reports, I've watched VERY little CBB.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jota posted:

Don't gently caress me magic!!

Interesting choice of words.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So does that mean that Boston might get Sactown's unprotected 2019 pick?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If the 2018 Lakers pick ends up at #1 or #6-#30, then they get the Sacramento pick.

How likely is that? Does it strongly hinge on what L.A. does in the draft and free agency, I guess?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Would Boston take Ball at #3? I'd imagine probably not but they could do it and then flip him to somebody who wants the guy along with some cap filler for a team need.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Jackson basically a better Gerald Wallace? From how you guys talk about him it sounds like it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

pubic works project posted:

When doesn't Stephen A have a meltdown?

Maybe the offer is for Crab Rangoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Doltos posted:

Im unbelievably hyped for Fultz's first foot injury

In a cruel twist of fate, it'll occur when Embiid steps on his foot accidentally while coming down from a rebound

• Locked thread