Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

I was gonna wait a few months but whaterr

Markelle Fultz is dope but I don't think he can really shoot so that might be a problem for Philly

I thought he was the best shooter out of the Fultz/Smith/Fox bunch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MourningView posted:

That's not saying a ton but yeah. He's not a great shooter yet but I don't think it's a huge weakness

I was sort of under the impression that Fultz was actually the best fit for Philly given that he has a decent shot and has the ability to play off the ball (seeing as Simmons will probably be the one initiating the offense).

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

They way you all are talking it sounds like monk would fit well with Ben Simmons.

100 percent. He's best playing off the ball. If the Lakers pick conveys and it falls somewhere between 6-8 he's the guy I want.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Somebody tell me about Frank Ntilikina. I've literally never seen him play but on paper he seems to have great two way potential if his 3 point shot continues to develop. Also seems like he can fit in Philly with Ben Simmons seeing as he's played off the ball most of this season.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Typical caveats apply: I've watched 2 of his games as blurry frontrowsports streams and highlights

People want to compare him to Dennis the Benice Schroder, because they have African parents but grew up in German speaking regions. But it's not true, except that theres plenty of footage of them dominating slower, shorter guards. He's bigger, bouncier they might have similar wingspans, he doesn't play at full speed or dead stop like schroeder, he has a change of pace game. He also is a much smarter passer than schroder was, has a better jumper, and just looks more like an an NBA prospect, he's not just a turbo speed little guy with massive arms as schroder was. He'll be better than Schroder, probably, he has the size to get in the way on defense and if he improves his shot he could be a good starting NBA pg.

The Pistons are so bad that I'm looking at all the late lottery pgs in hope that there's diamond in the rough to replace Reginald Val Jackson with, or that Harry Giles stays hurt, falls to them and becomes a superstar.

Appreciate it. I've heard the Schroeder comparisons non stop so it's good to get some insight.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

aBagorn posted:

Can people who watch more college bball than me talk to me about Jonathan Isaac? I'm hearing Brandon Ingram comparisons, is this true?

My casual observations:

His per 100 possession numbers are actually better than Ingram's. He's lengthy and has a huge ceiling defensively. Not quite as good a shooter as Ingram from 3 point range but has a better overall FG% and is a much better free throw shooter. His rebounding is pretty loving elite for his position too. Overall I think he's better defensively too, racks up a good amount of steals and blocks.

Basically, I know he plays on a better team than Ingram did and I might be talking out of my rear end but I prefer him as a prospect when comparing the two. I think there's a pretty good chance that had he been in last years class he would've went #2.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

aBagorn posted:

Thanks. Yeah his length and defensive potential is what intrigues me as a Sixers fan. I'm imagining the Sixers being able to get him and Ntilikina and having all that length and defense (with Simmons and Embiid)

If I could have any combination of two players in this draft not including Fultz, Isaac and Ntilikina are the exact two I'd take (I'm a philly fan as well)

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

What are Lonzo Ball's weaknesses outside of his insane shooting form?

Everything about him seems good to great outside of the shooting form and his FT%, but those things alone make me really hesitant to like him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dennis Smith vs Jonathan Isaac tonight. 7pm EST ESPN2.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Smith is insanely athletic but we've only seen glimpses of it so far. People speculate it might be because of his ACL tear last year and he's just not all the way back yet, which seems really plausible.

I love me some Jonathan Isaac though.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Josh Jackson is up to 35% from 3 this year. Free throw percentage is still poo poo, but god drat is it a good sign to see his shot coming around.

I'd be really tempted by him at #1. Am I a dumbass? And I love Fultz.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MourningView posted:

pretty dumb yeah

Also re: the 3 point shooting

Fair enough.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Somebody earlier brought up Josh Jackson's shooting being a red flag because his fair 37% from 3 doesnt match up with his bad 55% from the line...but isn't it a huge positive that he's gotten so much better from deep as the season has gone on?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

That's some really good insight RE: Josh Jackson, goons. Thank you.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I apologize for the hot take and I swear that's not what I'm going for but I really think Josh Jackson should get more consideration to go #1 than he is.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Jota posted:

Completing ignoring his hosed up shot, I don't want the Sixers to draft Ball almost entirely because he's ugly as gently caress and I find looking at his hosed up Frankenstein face and gangly body unpleasant and would not like to have to do it 82 times a year.

Also he wears a t-shirt under his jersey so gently caress him.

Lonzo on the Sixers would be fun as gently caress. He's behind Fultz and Jackson on my Sixers wish list but I'd be more than happy if Philly came away with him.

Lonzo, Simmons, and Saric on the floor together would vine heaven.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Holy poo poo. This more or less confirms the article posted above. That's pretty troubling.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Robert Williams is reportedly staying in school and that seems like an awful idea.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Will Jackson be able to guard 1-4 or is he's going to be better off sticking just 3-4s?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

aBagorn posted:

I like Fox in the right situations. I'd take him on the Sixers.

He's an atrocious fit with our current roster. I see the intrigue in him to some degree but as a Sixer fan I want no part of him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

They draft two more guys who don't play for two years, trade Embiid for a sack of potatoes and max out Jahlil Okafor #trusthteprocess

I think their decision to take Dario and let him develop over seas for two years worked out pretty well.

Embiid is a risk you take every time.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Somebody tell me I'm not crazy to think that a lot of Dennis Smith's issues can be fixed by nba coaching/a better supporting cast/giving a poo poo.

Or is this me talking myself into him in case Philly doesn't get a top 3 pick?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I don't normally like microwave scoring guys like Monk who offer shooting and not much else but considering how good of a shooter he is and how perfectly he'd fit with the current Sixers core I'd love to leave the draft pick with him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

kiimo posted:

Wouldn't the Sixers best case be Fultz and Josh Jackson?

Yes. That's the wet dream, but If they end up with a guard and wing prospect in the first 7 picks (let's say Monk and Isaac) I'd be ecstatic.

I get the LAL pick next year unprotected looks great, but give me that poo poo this year. This draft has 8 or 9 *really* good prospects that also happen to fit the Sixers' needs.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Lockback posted:

That does mean trying to develop 3 top-level draft prospects next year, which is probably more than they can effectively do. They may be looking at trades if they end up with two picks.

Also a fair point.

It's a good problem to have.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

ButtWolf posted:

Time for a game: what late 1st or 2nd rd level talent comes out strong and hungry and becomes an immediate roleplayer?
I love late draft guys doing well. Homer pick, but i hope its Jawun Evans. Not sure about best fit team. Who's the guy youre really pulling for to make it?

I'm probably biased because Nova is local and I've seen them play a ton but I think Josh Hart could carve out a spot in a teams rotation.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

aBagorn posted:

So I've been turning the corner about Monk. He's way more athletic than I gave him credit for and I could definitely see him playing next to Simmons, especially in a scenario where you can surround him with Covington and another defensive minded wing/guard.

In fact, Monk and Isaac would really be a jackpot situation

I've talked myself into every player in the top ten for Philly except Tatum, Fox, and Lauri.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

January was pretty great.

I was at the Knicks TJ McConnell game and it felt like they won the title.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If the Sixers end up with say picks 1 or 2 and 6, would a backcourt of Fultz and Fox or Ball and Fox fit with Cov/Ben/Embiid?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I don't really see Isaac playing the 3 in the NBA, at which point I would see Markennen being a lot more valuable. I guess that all depends on if you think you can shove Simmons to the 3 on defense.

If that scenario comes to pass, I'd go Fultz at 1 and Monk at 6. Fultz/Monk/Saric/Simmons/Embiid is an awesome lineup. I think Fultz/Monk could probably swap on defense.

That's potentially a pretty awful lineup on the perimeter tho, which is what gives me pause on that duo.

I guess it helps to have Embiid protecting the paint though.

Edit: I mean that lineup is bad defensively on the perimeter. It's actually pretty awesome offensively.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 11, 2017

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Isaac isn't a 3, he's not agile enough, he's just a very skinny 4 who should be able to switch pretty easily on defense. His lack of in between game is a DOOMSAYER, he really needs to learn it to avoid becoming an Ibaka. He's being projected as a rich man's Jon Leueur but it's hard to say, his guards never passed to him at florida state.

You don't want Ball if you have Ben Simmons and Fultz, that wouldn't make any sense. Simmons and Fultz are a nice combination because Simmons has the playmaking to make up for Fultz's lack. Fox is also a bad fit because he can't shoot and is a pg. Why would you draft Simmons and Fultz and then take the ball out of their hands? I don't see the sixers getting the lakers pick, but if they somehow get 1 and 4, the logical picks are Fultz and Tatum, who's a real 3 who can do the things you want a small forward to do in the contemporary NBA.

If you want to get wild, Fultz and Monk, because Monk gives them a dynamic scorer and a third own-offense-creator after Fultz and Embiid. If they get 2 and 4 they could draft Jackson, try and go wild and trade down a couple spots and pick up Dennis Smith. I don't see why Fox is rising so high in mock drafts. Maybe he cut his hair?

That's a great point RE: It making zero sense to draft Simmons and Fultz and taking the ball out of their hands.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The more I read about Frank the more I think of Patrick Beverly.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

You can find shooters in free agency, you can't find a Josh Jackson in free agency

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Im starting to legit think that Ball could be there at 5. I'd be mentally prepared for him or Fox.

Ball in Sacramento would probably make Lavar explode so I'd be into it.

I don't t think Ball will (or should) get past Philly at 3.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How much of a reach is Dennis Smith at 3? Dude can ball and score at every level. Josh Jackson's shot scares me a lot.

I don't think he's a reach there at all. I think he'll be in play at that spot when it's all said and done.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

Who do you take at three if Ball falls.

Or do you trade.

Draft Ball and thank LA for passing on him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Holy poo poo give them all the picks I don't care. Give me an Embiid-Simmons-Fultz core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Yea baby keep going I'm almost there

• Locked thread