Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm fully on the ball hype train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
someone tell me why i'm an idiot for thinking mikal bridges from nova is going to be a steal

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I realize you're being dramatic on purpose, but in no way will he "be able to score at will" because there are maybe like 8 guys in the NBA who I could comfortably say could do that. I'd probably be way higher on Monk if The buddy experiment was not going so poorly right now.

Buddy has been good this past month

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

Nah, I think its mostly been like that, I think now people care about outside shooting more so it's more glaring.

Also aau doesn't develop poo poo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
who is the long armed shut down defender sf that can't shoot who is going to be drafted in the late first round

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jaron Blossomgame is kind of like a 6'7 center and has disgustingly long arms, no jumper to speak of

I look forward to watching blossomgame play in a Thunder uniform

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

Or go to San Antonio, learn a 3pt shot, and becoming Draymond 2.0

after watching blossomgame's highlights i can assure you presti is taking him unless a euro emerges to his liking

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Criminal Minded posted:

Today was a prototypical Josh Jackson game: 20 points (5/13), 10 rebounds, 4 steals and an assist...and 0/1 from 3 and 10/17 (wtf?) from the line. :pwn:

Kansas was getting a lot of touch fouls their way

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
honest lonzo can flat out ball imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Jay Bilas just compared it to Furyk's swing lol

lmfao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamelo Ball scored 92 points today goddamn this family can hoop

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
there is no way miles bridges slips that far

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Josh Jackson is a less broken MKG, which is a borderline all-star player.

yeah he owns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Had to tell one of my students that Lonzo Ball wasn't going to be the first overall pick

Tragic

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Name another good American born white PF/C besides Kevin Love.

Greg Monroe

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought their dad was Cuban?

Angie is Cuban and George is Mexican

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

I do like defensive players, but being a Thunder fan, I'm getting sick of really good defensive players who can't do anything. Ima do some more research on jackson.

jackson is really really good and nothing like the late first picks okc drafts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
speaking of okc i hope they draft a backup pg that i can nod approvingly when he gets playing time

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

How would you feel about Evans? Im an OSU homer so Im for it.

i like how evans plays the game but i think his size will limit him in what he will be able to do so if we draft him i will be satisfied with the selection i wont have high hopes that he will be the backup ball handler that this team needs immediately

this draft kinda sucks for where okc is and what they need imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My only wish is the kings get into the top 3 only for it to be taken away from them by Phili

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

And my coworkers too

Smh 2k going underrate ball

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i love embiid

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lmao embiid

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The East over the next few years is as favourable a situation as you possibly expect and if Fultz is good enough he should contribute pretty quickly.

The bucks are gonna kick the Celtics rear end

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The top ten picks I'm putting my stamp on are ball Jackson and Dennis Smith stay tune for my lotto ticket

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

He also is a misogynist and his son is in no way a sure thing to succeed in the NBA.

Also he thinks that he can beat Jordan one on one.

Lol he doesn't think he can beat Jordan 1v1

He knows he can

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If Justin Jackson is picked right in front of okc I will be sad

E: DAMMIT RICK NOW MY POST LOOKS STRANGE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There's like no one I like for okc so that's why op

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Welp ball really ain't a star

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Manny Pacquiao, boxing: Father took his dog, killed it, and ate it in front of him

loving owned

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

Kings have Marquese Chriss.

They do not

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If the kings are smart (lol I know) they draft Dennis Smith at 5

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Isaac will not be good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
all mocks have okc drafting Rodions Kurucs I don't know if they have given up on guessing what Presti is going to do or if there is merit to it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

He looks like NBA prospects against high school competition, which is a good thing. He's long and fluid enough that if he can shoot he should be able to do the little flicks and runners he prefers. He's a scorer baby. Always an if when confronted with NBA length and afleticism, of course

hell i'm game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
my work is done I have found the most thunderiest prospect in this draft and who I have my heart set on: Devin Robinson from Florida. I can rest easy now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pubic works project posted:

What happens when the Thunder don't draft him?

I will shrug then look up mixtapes for the actual selection

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Sam Presti likes to home in on one of the 3 following player profiles in the draft: overconfident point guard, athletic wing with extremely limited skill, disappointing white big.

I've got my money on athletic wing with no real skill set this time around. It seems like internet thunder fans are talking themselves into Semi Ojeleye, but I would prefer to go overconfident point guard.

Yeah that's what Devin Robinson is an athletic wing with no real skill set. The issue with the overconfident pg this draft is who fits that bill?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Theyre playing point guard, not small forward. Does it overly matter how long his arms are.

Also what Bimble said.

Yes get the longest arms you can at all positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The fit with Simmons is my biggest concern. He does shoot pretty well off the catch+shoot and from 3, but I'm not sure he has that much value over guys like JJ/Fox/Monk if Simmons is going to be the primary ballhandler.

TLC is probably slots into 3 off the bench in that lineup.

Have as many guys who can initiate the offense as possible

• Locked thread