Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
None of these are Frank "The Truth" Mason.

Future Sioux Falls Skyforce superstar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd bet high on the Nuggets getting a foreign player, they always seem to.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, word?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

He won't be an abysmal shooter, but I haven't really seen Jackson hit many contested 3s, and his jump shooting can be a bit suspect at times too. As athletic as he is, I'm not sure he's worth a top five pick if you can get someone who has a more reliable shot.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Criminal Minded posted:

There's no way you can drop Jackson all the way outside of the top five when he's so good at literally everything else

I'd say he fouls too much, but he's cleaning that up of late. Maybe I've overestimating how much value there is in this draft that the top would be too crowded for Jackson. :shrug:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Name another good American born white PF/C besides Kevin Love.

Raef LaFrentz. :colbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Have you seen how many fans Kentucky has? Assuming Kentucky cheats misses the point entirely. They don't have to cheat.

Well, neither does New England.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

The players should be paid anyway so cheating is actually extremely dope. Calipari is the most morally righteous person in college sports

I'm more annoyed that all the booster money is going to extravagant dorms when they should be legit be spread around to multiple academic things. It should be the NCAA paying their basic needs, not donors paying for luxuries to the comparative detriment of the rest of the university.

That doesn't really reflect on Cal one way or another. He at least cares about his players, which is more than I can arguably say about my own alma mater's coach, so all the power to him.

I saw some draft with Jackson falling to 6 and Tatum at 1, and I'm still shaking my head at that, so glad to see my fellow goons are backing me up on that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Diallo pulls out and "returns" to Kentucky. Never got the 1st round guarantee.

Lame. I really wanted a Calipari meltdown.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

disappointing white big

COLE ALDRICH IS A TREASURE, DAMMIT

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

What's this about nobody playing defense in college ball? Shaking my head.

Good defense? No, that sounds right to me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Please ignore my friend kiimo, here, he's having a stroke.

I mean, the NCAA's idea of "great defense" is Aaron Craft getting away with hand checks for forty minutes. That's not exactly shutdown effort there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

I've watched a pretty decent amount of Dennis Smith video and I've never seen "bad body language."

It should also be noted that Mark Gottfried sucked and was a dead man walking halfway through the season, which is going to give a destabilizing aura to any teams' entire morale. Dennis Smith still has value in my opinion, though I haven't gotten to see much of him, but if the nick on him is "body language"... it was a really lovely NC State season, after all.

• Locked thread