Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
People that pay attention to CBB. What is wrong with Tacko Fall? I would think a 7 foot 6' tall man would at least be in the 2nd round of mock drafts.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18473661/ucf-knights-tacko-fall-road-relevancy

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most insanely tall dudes are as slow as they are large and don't really have any basketball skills beyond "stand in the paint and stick your arms up on defense." There's a reason Sim Bhullar and Mamadou N'Diaye are D-Leaguers who went undrafted.

I get that but sometimes it doesn't stop teams from drafting those guys. (Like Satnam Singh) Him being slow and not having many skills makes sense. That espn article overhyped him. After I made the post I checked his stats.

It made this quote hilarious.
"He's the most dominant player in college basketball, point blank, period," UCF assistant coach Jamill Jones said. "Whoever the best center is, if you put him in front of Tacko, he won't be the best center. If they had to play against one another, they can't physically stop Tacko from doing what he wants to do right now."

I should have just looked at what he did vs Tulane.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

All I want out of this draft is for the Mavs to draft the best big man left when it's time to make the pick. (and for that player to be not bad.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Khagan posted:

So with the Boogie trade to NO do they continue course and potentially pick up one of Fox or Monk? Or do they have another trade in them to complete their trio.

Rumors from a bartender in NOLA at the hotel most of the owners were staying at had them possibly getting Paul George but this was before the Cousins deal.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

By far the best part of LaVar Ball's Lakers talk is the following quote.

“and then they’re going to look back and say, ‘Man, how did LaVar know all of this?’” LaVar Ball
http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-lavar-ball-20170219-story.html

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I think they have a disappointing playoff run because of LeBron James, but I don't think IT's defense is going to be much more of a problem than during the regular season. It's so, so, so bad but I always say his defense is slightly less than half as bad as his offense is amazing and he's used to angry dudes trying to body him.

If I were a betting man I'd say IT's playoffs are gonna look way more like J.J. Barea 2011 than Steph Curry 2016. But I'm not because gambling is a sin that rots the soul from its core and also I don't have enough money to gamble.

Undefeated while starting in the Finals 2011 JJ Barea? Imagine if Curry was undefeated as a Finals starter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Speaking of the Balls, their house was broken into. lovely thing to have happen while at a child's HS game.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18913429/house-lavar-ball-burglarized-high-school-playoff-game

LaVar was not as quotable as usual.

"Everybody's all right," LaVar Ball told SportsCenter on Wednesday. "Chino Hills has got the best neighborhood watch in the world. As soon as you bust a window, they're calling the police. That's all they did, was break a window."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

Latest Woj podcast is really trying to sell the idea of staying in school if you aren't a top ten pick. The argument is you won't get paid all that much anyway due to two way contracts. Also you don't want to go to the combine and then go back to college because teams have made up their mind on players who have done that, which is why like, Trier's stock hasn't gone up even though he's played better this year.

LOL at won't get paid all that much. Most first round picks make at least $1,000,000 the first year. The 4 that don't make over $900,000. Doing that and busting makes someone significantly more money than staying in college and watching their draft stock fall.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ty1990 posted:

Robert Williams is reportedly staying in school and that seems like an awful idea.

When was the last time a potential top 10 pick big man stayed in college and raised his draft stock?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I don't understand. Someone who was already a top 10 becoming a top 5 with an extra year or so? Or someone climbing up to top 10?

Someone who is expected to go at the tail end of the top 10 moving to top 5.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lol at Dirk still being in the league while Psycho T is already out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Someone tell me about the guy with the best name in this draft, Alpha Kaba.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Which games/prospects are the best to watch in tonight's games?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I didn't realize the Lakers pick could very easily turn into another Sixers pick if a couple of teams jump up. What happens if the Sixers get two top 5 picks?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Allegedly some of the players the Mavs are targeting include Fultz, Ball, Smith, and Ntilikina. I'm guessing Ntilikina is the most realistic player for the Mavs to get unless they move up. Where can I read too much about him?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I hope Giannis blows up in the playoffs so teams will start looking at Ntilikina as a mini-Giannis and worth a top 5 pick.

Other teams need to stay away from Frank because I have arbitrarily decided he is the guy I want the Mavs to draft.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish the Mavs would draft a small forward but am sure they will draft a pg. I have already talked myself into Ntilikina but this just means the Knicks will draft him a few picks before Dallas.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cannot remember being this excited for a goddamn draft lottery

Same.

Can't wait to get mildly disappointed as the Mavs go from 9th pick to 10th.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The fix is in.
https://twitter.com/swish41/status/864558470380621824
Congrats to Boston, the Lakers, and the Knicks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They just referenced the Knicks frozen envelope on the NBA Countdown being broadcast before the lottery.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fix is in for the Lakers and Sixers, got way more broadcast time than anyone else.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Time for disappointment.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

drat it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Fix is in for the Lakers and Sixers, got way more broadcast time than anyone else.

knew it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the Mavs had lost one more game, they could have been in the Kings' 3rd pick spot (that got swapped to the Sixers). The 2016-17 Mavs :negative: had one last funny moment if you think about it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

With as much interest as the Mavs have shown in Frank I fully expect the Knicks to draft him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Anyone else excited for the first Lonzo vs DeAngelo matchup next season?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 12, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Knicks are going to force the Mavs to draft a fake Dirk. Stop it Knicks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I hope we are about to see the NBA trade version of turning a red paper clip into a house.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The funniest thing that could happen would be the Sixers/Celtics making the trade. Followed by the Lakers drafting Jackson at 2.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's like he is playing NBA 2k franchise mode except it's in the actual NBA.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Can someone explain to me why DSJ is considered to have attitude problems but Josh Jackson isn't? Didn't Josh Jackson flip out on a female basketball player and commit felony amounts of damage to her car? (and get out of it because who he is?) I've only read the deadspin articles on it but he seems like kind of a poo poo head for that. Maybe they portrayed it badly and I didn't read enough on it. I would think that'd make trading down for him over Fultz a bad idea.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876846876598964224

Will be interesting if to see if they try and trade up to leapfrog NY.

The rumor I've read is they will try to trade with Minnesota to switch picks and get Rubio. Not sure what they'd be sending for salary but Powell/Harris or Matthews works. Every time the Mavs are asked about trading Matthews they say no but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jota posted:

Someone post the draft thread so I can post this picture already

Tweet that at Embiid and see if he retweets it.

• Locked thread