Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Is Lonzo Ball a distant relative of Tom Ball, namesake of the city where Jimmy Butler grew up? (Tomball. It's literally called Tomball).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets lost because James had to work his other job painting houses before the game today

e: huh, I meant to post this in the dang fashion thread. Oh well.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 20, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 3, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So what's the word on this draft, are top 5 teams going to find their salvation here

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

OH drat I just checked and the Rockets have two second round picks from the Nuggets and Blazers, plus their own first rounder. Could be a pretty good Morey draft if they don't trade those

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Looking at draftexpress, I feel like this draft is an extremely solid draft by names, but we need some sort of grading curve for this, with a year-by-year analysis of drafts.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If Monk doesn't celebrate dunks with a namaste or perhaps a 5 minute meditation in the lotus pose I want no part of him

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I feel like there are a few upperclassmen who come in and contribute right away every year, but from a personal standpoint I'd go as soon as I could get that guaranteed contract (see the cautionary tale of Alex Poythress)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'd like to propose that an NBA team should use a second round pick on football player Kobe Buffalomeat, MLB style, in the hopes that he'll eventually embrace his destiny and play basketball.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Lmao the Ball dad is a gigantic moron.

I hope my kids are successful enough that I can sabotage their career by talking to the press/social media

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets doing their offseason fishing by working out Quinton Hooker :thunk:

Other good names they worked out: Tacko Fall, Paris Lee, JaJuan Johnson, Kavin Gilder-Tilbury, Kennedy Meeks.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'd like to throw in the Houston Basketball Rockets in the ring for good drafting, specifically Morey manages to get rotation minutes out of guys and then somehow get out before they become horrible.

Thunder/Warriors probably have the best but if you go on from that to who's been hitting on those mid to late first rounders and second rounders, there's Utah, San Antonio, Houston, Milwaukee.

Being bad at drafting also implies that you were at least smart enough to hang onto your picks or get more so as bad as Cleveland and Charlotte have done they're still doing better than the New York teams imo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets worked out Bronson Koenig, doubling down on dopey white guys from Wisconsin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Which draft prospect is most likely to come back with some obscure Ingmar Bergman film

• Locked thread