Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I believe that opening a draft thread early is kinda silly as we're not even bowl season yet but I understand there are a lot of fans out there already looking ahead. Might as well start up a depository for Browns posting.

What is the NFL Draft?
All 32 NFL teams get together and select from a pool of draft eligible players. There are seven rounds of the draft with additional compensation picks or forfeiture of picks for a total of about 224 players drafted each year.

Where is the NFL Draft
This year it's in Philadelphia after taking place in Chicago last year. Typically the draft was held in Radio City Music Hall in NYC but the owners and Goodell decided to start moving the venue.

When is the NFL Draft?
The NFL Draft occurs once a year, typically in the spring time after the NFL Combine. I say this because Commissioners love to move the date around, or in Goodell's case, break the draft up into three days in order to take advantage of prime time television. This year the draft is April 27th through April 29th.

How do I find out more about the NFL Draft?
I prefer to look at a bunch of different sources. Every draft pundit has a bias due to how they perceive valuable assets in football

Can I get some NFL people to follow?
Sure!
Mike Mayock is a former safety with the Giants and has a decent head on his shoulders. Good at explaining what he looks for in a prospect and what he looks for in a drill.
Bob McGinn is a reporter for the Milwaukee Journal. All his information is with Packers needs in mind but his information is invaluable due to his direct contacts with anonymous NFL scouts. Will present multiple view points from these sources without editing or spin.
Josh Norris writes for NBC's Rotoworld website. No football experience but plugged into CFB throughout the year.

Can I get some mock drafts?
No!
I think mock drafts are stupid and only exist as clickbait. You can literally click on any single mock draft website and get the same garbage.

Ok fine, who are the top players this year, my team needs a QB, WR, CB, RB, OT, TE, OG, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, SS, C, FS, and definitely a new kicker.
It's so early to tell. Here's how I rank what influences media perception the most, which is how you and I get all our information, unless your dad works for nintendo and can get you those sweet insider secrets:
1. Draft Combine Results
2. Rumors leading up to the draft, typically in the time period between combine results and the actual draft.
3. Bowl and Playoff Results
4. What those stupid fucks at ESPN said
5. Actual game film and season performance.

As you can see I'm a bit jaded. Regardless I believe, with scientific analytical evidence(!), that NFL teams are generally good at identifying NFL talent. This is because there is a long process of evaluation. We're in the early stages of that evaluation so, with that being said, here are my top 5 right now:

1. Jabrill Peppers, S/OLB, Michigan - Do it all utility knife player in an elite defense. Superb athlete. Can cover receivers, guard the flats, plug gaps, and blitz the QB. Most complete defensive back since Eric Berry or Earl Thomas. Questions about where to play him at the next level.
2. Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama - I believe he was the top prospect in the country when he committed to Bama. Huge tweener defensive end that has the burst and speed to play the edge. Would have declared last year if he didn't get injured.
3. Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M - Another top prospect. Unbelievable first step, reminds me of Demarcus Ware or Osi Umenyiora. Runs a ton of stunts and lines up all over the line. Needs to get bigger in the upper body and to take his explosiveness inside instead of curling around OTs.
4. Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU - Huge, powerful back that moves like a bullet. Takes college defenders for extra yards and can leave them in the dust with spins and cuts. Missed a big chunk of the season with an ankle injury.
5. Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State - Unbelievably athletic for a man his size. Absolutely wrecks pockets with a variety of power and finesse moves. Needs to get better at resetting after the punch and manning his gap.

Ok there you go guys. Remember, everything is bound to change before April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Browns will draft terribly no matter the position.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Jags need some pass rush! Let's trade up and snag the best!

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
How much fournette getting totally bottled up twice by Bama hurt his stock?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The SituAsian posted:

How much fournette getting totally bottled up twice by Bama hurt his stock?

Given what a nightmare that offense is and how good Bama is on defense I personally don't think a whole lot. Pending the combine/everything else of course.

I guess I'm of the opinion managing to look good in most non-Bama games is really impressive for anyone on LSU.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Are there any non-garbage QBs in this draft

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Let's fix our line for Lamar next year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Let's fix our line for Lamar next year

Oh right, our RT just died good point

:siren: MAYBE DQ CAN BE OUR STARTING RT :siren: He'll never play again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

QBs:

I don't really like Kizer that much. Runs a lot and has a long delivery but not a very powerful throw. Very accurate though and can throw on the run. Reminds me of Geno or Tannehill.

Kaaya's cool. He goes through reads and is asked to take passes out of pro sets even though he does a lot in shotgun. Rushes passes a lot and will throw before pressure gets there. Decent pocket presence though.

Trubisky's throw is kinda long but he's able to bomb it. Looks good squaring his shoulders before throwing. Underrated runner too.

Watson reminds me a lot of Mariota. Really bad thrower. Wildly inaccurate. Spread 'em out shotgun type that likes to hit slant and comeback routes. There was a time when that type of QB would suck in the NFL but now Dak exists so, whatever.

Mahomes is another spread shotgun QB that has a hell of an arm. Makes really wild, stupid throws that always seem to work out. I'm talking hop passes and falling forward bombs. Has absolutely zero pocket presence and runs at the first sign of pressure. I think I'm reusing Manziel evaluations but I really like watching Mahomes so whatever.

Chad Kelly was the top dog going in but is playing himself out of the first day. Looks the part and throws a really nice ball but makes a ton of really boneheaded mistakes. Shotgun only QB with questionable ability to throw under pressure. Also might get himself hurt one day with how he runs the ball.

My intriguing prospect of the year is actually a QB and his name is Brady Gustafson. Shotgun only giant of a QB for Montana that's built like a twig and throws incredible passes. Has a tough time when the pocket collapses and likes to step up into pressure. Still though, he throws NFL caliber passes all over the field. Should be fun to watch him if he gets combine invites.

Overall I'd say this class doesn't have a clear #1 yet but looks pretty deep. Next year has :siren: lamar fuckin jackson :siren: tho

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I hear this year's draft has some good tight ends like JAKE BUTT BITCHES so I'm all in

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doltos posted:

Chad Kelly was the top dog going in but is playing himself out of the first day. Looks the part and throws a really nice ball but makes a ton of really boneheaded mistakes. Shotgun only QB with questionable ability to throw under pressure. Also might get himself hurt one day with how he runs the ball.

Funny you mention that, he just tore his ACL and meniscus so he'll miss the Combine and probably not be ready in time for training camp. Dude's stock is in the tank right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

Chad Kelly ... might get himself hurt one day with how he runs the ball.

Good news!

Er, bad news. But yeah, he tore his ACL last week, I'd imagine he won't be able to do much if anything before the draft. So it's all college tape and interviews for him.

e: Yeah what Benne said.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
what are the best Rutger's DB and Div III WR prospects? asking for a friend

he also wants to know if there are any all-pro LBs available at the top of the 4th, preferably someone who could start in time for this year's Super Bowl

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 11, 2016

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Benne posted:

Funny you mention that, he just tore his ACL and meniscus so he'll miss the Combine and probably not be ready in time for training camp. Dude's stock is in the tank right now.

his stock was in the tank anyways by virtue of being really terrible

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Who do you think will be BPA for the Atlanta Falcons at pick #32?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I could really see the Raiders looking at MLB/OT/RB

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

weird Asian candy posted:

Who do you think will be BPA for the Atlanta Falcons at pick #32?

Are they trading picks with the Pats or something

Also the Chargers should draft a safety or an OL so wassup Cam Robinson

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Best/worst projections you've made?

For me, I was all in on the Travis Frederick pick when everyone was killing Dallas for it. :chord:

On the other hand I've talked myself into liking past Patriots WR picks, which lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Pats are picking 30...right in front of (31) Raiders and (32) Falcons!

Seriously though, I am excited for the draft which is something I am not used to. Quinn and Dimitroff have put together a couple solid rookie classes, with last years being especially good with Neal, Jones, Campbell, Hooper and Poole.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

Best/worst projections you've made?

For me, I was all in on the Travis Frederick pick when everyone was killing Dallas for it. :chord:

On the other hand I've talked myself into liking past Patriots WR picks, which lol

Malcolm Mitchell is going to break out any day now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought Johnny Football was going to be good

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Malcolm Mitchell is going to break out any day now.

I agree.

I called Keenan Allen an absolute steal but I kind of feel like everybody else did too, and now since he can't stay on the field...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Patriots will certainly be trading their pick with someone to move down

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Best: David Johnson
Worst: Peter Konz

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Daltos, I need you to psych me up for some cornerbacks.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

Worst: Peter Konz

Trigger warning, good lord man!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Getting really mad in a GDT thread about the Bills passing on Clausen twice will be the shame I will have to carry with me to my grave.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Blitz7x posted:

Same. Also maybe a OLB to play the weakside.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
As a sad, degenerate Browns fan, here's a slightly more thorough breakdown of this (somewhat butt) QB class. Here's my current top 5

Deshone Kizer Notre Dame - So, as a Browns fan, I have some not great memories of the faults of Brady Quinn. Specifically, the fact that he was a super accurate passer who was jacked as gently caress but turned out to not have a great arm and not be smart enough to read a defense. The Smith/Tannehill comparison is okay if you want to describe his scramble/roll ability, but it's really not an accurate description of his real issues. His delivery is elongated specifically through the middle of his body, which means he has a nasty habit of short-arming it and launching from a lower release point than he should from trying to rush through the motion in time. His footwork further aggravates his throwing, with a tendency to take overly wide stances or throw diagonally across his stance rather than directly through the stance. As a result, his arm looks like it has range and touch but not much velocity, but his high-speed is there when he's able to keep his feet straight and narrow enough and not reaching too far back. Similarly, he has a really nice deep ball when the defense gives him time to throw it, and I bet he can get it out even faster with some mechanical tutelage. He could theoretically fit anywhere but is largely a matter of what an OC/QBs coach is able to teach him and create a system around and would be best suited to an offense with a very established run game and play-action threat so that he's not asked to go out there and sling it heavily by himself.

Physically, he's exactly what I want in the modern NFL at around 6'3"-6'4" 230 with arm talent masked by his technique and tje speed to be a scramble threat, and he does apparently have a good work ethic. I worry about his adjustment period since Kelly's offense really doesn't require tight window throws, with a lot of RPOs, quick hitches, slants, and Go routes that frankly resembles a lot of what Mariota was asked to do when he was coming out. He's smart enough to check down when nothing opens up quick, but that can turn into a bad habit in the NFL when you have to throw guys open or don't immediately recognize what's in front of you. He's had multiple sacks this year where he just outright fails to recognize delayed blitzes or ends coming in his peripheral vision, and that lack of proximal awareness looks really bad on film in terms of the hits he lets himself take. I also worry about him in the locker room with how bad his team has looked at points, but a lot of that could be due to Brian Kelly making that program toxic as gently caress right now. He's risky, but he could turn out to be a franchise QB if the right team gets him.

Deshaun Watson Clemson - Just a year ago he would've probably been the top overall pick in a landslide over Goff/Wentz. Now, we've seen the problems with him at present, and they are multiple. First, his mechanics have gotten far less consistent, which may be a matter of his offense allowing him to regress a lot with how good the talent around him is. If you watch his footwork, he has every bad habit you can really have as a modern spread QB in terms of his feet not squaring up, throwing off of his front foot, or falling off with the ball in motion. What's worse, those habits get worse when he has to force the ball out during a blitz, meaning he's not taking advantage of man coverage and vulnerable to turning it over without having to blanket him. His arm motion doesn't hitch or hang, but he does float the ball out of his hand a lot. Part of that is probably his footwork, and he really needs to get his weight transfer and feet correct because he doesn't zip the ball the way he needs to at the next level since his reads right now are very very easy. A lot of the time, that doesn't burn him since the Clemson offense loves slants, back shoulder passes, go routes, and screens, but that's changed in a big way this year. Clemson has tried to incorporate far more intermediate and deep routes over the middle to keep people from just sitting in Cover 3 and taking the boundaries away, but that's a problem when you float balls or have the mechanical issues he does since LBs and safeties aren't predictable the same way CBs are if you force them into man on the edges with spacing. A lot of his picks have come on deep ins, inside seams, posts, and 50/50 balls that you simply cannot get away with less than top velocity on, since he absolutely forces the ball if his boundary guys are covered. He also has a lot of balls swatted by guys in the front 7 or in Man, largely because he'll stare down receivers which can't happen if you're floating balls. His deep accuracy is okay but has regressed without his offensive line absolutely stoning dudes every week, with a decent amount of overthrows from too much loft rather than too much zip which you don't want to see. I think almost all of this can be fixed mechanically, but I would be extremely worried about him in any heavily vertical offense that can't risk slow balls. His touch is good, and I think he could be great in play action, so he would be a great fit for a west-coast system or even the teams incorporating spread elements but is not the guy you're going to want throwing to the seams or post routes.

Physically, he's slight, and it's concerning. He's been mostly resilient as a full-time starter, but you really want him putting on 15 pounds before you feel comfortable even at 6'2-6'3" since he's likely around 210-215. I think his arm has talent to at least zip the ball at the caliber of the average NFL QB, but that technique of his is killing him. He's fast enough to be a serious threat, but you don't want to be running him if you're picking him where he's projected right now. He's apparently a smart kid and has had audible/protection responsibility dating back to high school, but you'll really need to work on his reads of risk/reward for non-boundary throws to feel totally confident before giving him the keys at the next level. High amount of risk for a ceiling that's lower than we want to admit. Last year he would've gotten a Mariota comparison, but this year he looks like I imagine EJ Manuel would have if he got to play in a spread that hid a lot of his weaknesses.

Brad Kaaya Miami(FL) - I really really like Kaaya's game. His arm strength is good but not great, but he shows zip on things like flag/out routes that you absolutely need for the NFL, even if his deep balls hang a bit. He has probably the best footwork in the class and moves fairly well in his throwing motion, though I would like to see him trust his plant foot a little more when he's throwing short since he has an odd tendency to pop up or release a little high rather than through which can put some balls in the dirt. He shows precision in under-center drops that's uncommon in this era. His arm movement grades out highly and is compact enough to be sudden while releasing high enough to be very accurate. He is very very very accurate with his ball placement and hits tight windows in Richt's offense which is extremely exciting if you're a team with a turnover machine at QB right now. His pocket presence and movement is good enough that he's not going to take an obnoxious amount of sacks but shows a tendency to not move forward or towards his targets when pressured which can create some dangerous passing situations. Kaaya's biggest issue is that he stares down a lot of receivers and doesn't always move through progressions quickly, which has to change in an NFL offense. He will have an easier time learning that than other QBs in the class largely because his receivers run a full route tree and won't create a huge gap in practical knowledge a lot of spread QBs will face. He's not the athlete Watson or Kizer is, but he can scramble if absolutely needed. He's realistically capable of starting anywhere.

Physically, he's a bit skinny, but he absolutely has the size to pack 10-15 pounds on and be durable at the next level. He's been starting for a while, and he has shown a command over his offense that few QBs really get to at this level. If you can fix some of his mental habits, he's low-risk and has got the highest floor in this class.

Mitch Trubisky UNC - I've watched him dating back clear to Mentor High School, and he's always been a drastically underrated player at every level. His arm strength is great, especially on deep balls, and he's not going to miss balls or toss interceptions from lack of zip. His footwork is largely consistent and shows good plant/step mechanics with proper squaring, but his release bothers me a little bit. I don't want to compare him to Tebow, but his problem is a milder case of the extended semi-circle delivery you saw out of him coming out, though I think his mechanic. It's a wind-up, and it'll need to be shortened, but it's far from a death sentence with the velocity he shows. I like how accurate he is, though the UNC offense doesn't require much in terms of tight throws or extensive progressions, and he'll have to prove some ability in the combine throwing sessions given his lack of starting experience. If you put him in a vertical offense with a good QBs coach who can work on his delivery, I think he's a real problem for people to deal with at the next level. Would love to see someone like the Chargers draft him and stash him behind Rivers for a year or two then unleash him.

Physically, he's got the size to hold up well at the next level and moves well for his size. He's only started for a year which will be a red flag for some organizations, but it's not like the guy ahead of him was some mediocre QB that inexplicably was in there. He'll likely need to be trained on protections/audibles with how Fedora's ball-to-the-wall verticals and pace offense works, but I like his potential. He could turn out really nicely with not a lot of work, bit of a moderate risk/reward investment.

Pat Mahomes Texas Tech - Ordinarily, we have Tech QBs with baby arms who are very accurate game managers that get boosted by their system. Mahomes is not that. This guy throws balls into traffic whenever he wants, and it somehow has been working out which may be because he has probably the biggest arm in this class. I wouldn't be shocked to hear some Jamarcus-level comparisons of it, considering he's chucked it like 80 yards off his back foot in games, and it's not even really floating on that either. His accuracy is really suspect, though he hits his underneath routes as needed. I think a lot of that accuracy is from his godawful footwork. Manziel comparisons will be made, but he moves so much worse than even Johnny did that it's really hard to find a comparison that made it to the NFL recently. Maybe Terelle Pryor when he first came out. I'm talking "looks like he threw the ball from the shotgun without ever taking a step" levels of not caring about what his feet do. He doesn't square up, throws off the front foot, and even has had a throw that resembled a jump pass thrown 30 yards down field because he felt pressure coming. His arm motion is really inconsistent as a result with a launch point entirely dependent on whatever Pat Mahomes decides is appropriate on the play. It usually works out but will drive his future OC absolutely bonkers. I feel like a lot of his issues come from Tech's O-line being one of the absolute worst I've ever seen in my life at that level, and he ends up running for his life so much that his funslinger tendencies may have even been learned as survival habits. When he (rarely) get a chance to read his full progression, he does show competence, though the route trees there remain very abbreviated.

He's been absolutely shellacked in terms of taking hits and having to throw often, so there's some durability concerns. I'm willing to bet he's smarter than he looks on field, but you're going to have to completely rebuild him from the ground up. If you get the absolute best-case scenario, he's an All-Pro MVP caliber player, but that's a very very very high risk with some huge walls to climb. Manziel didn't have his physical tools. I think he's Jake Locker frankly.

Chad Kelly - Oh god how is this guy Jim Kelly's nephew. He plays football like Brett Favre after the concussions, and it's hard to look away. His arm is really strong, probably only behind Mahomes in the class, and he can zip it at will. The accuracy though is a little different. When he has time to set, he's really really good at hitting very deep and very shoot things like slants and deep balls in stride, and his touch is better than you would expect. However, he absolutely will throw balls up for guys thinking it's just a jump ball situation only for that to go horribly wrong on him. It's like he can do everything deep and everything short, but nothing in the middle will make you feel good about him. Lots of Manziel YOLO balls without a Mike Evans/Treadwell there to cover for him A lot of that is his pocket presence, since I think he hurries himself on things like a 15 yard dig and ends up bring the pressure to him which forces bad or off-throws. We know he can make the proper footwork happen, but his inability to manage pressure effectively is really troubling considering he will absolutely face blitzes as an NFL rookie. I think he can scramble but absolutely should not be allowed to until he gets more comfortable in the pocket. Might be really dumb honestly

He's big enough to probably be okay, but he just got injured which will absolutely tank his stock. He's also got enough attitude problems I probably wouldn't go after him between him DMing porn stars, getting kicked off of Clemson, and getting into a fight at his little brother's high school football game. Has the potential to be great, but will need an absurd amount of work and potentially classes on reading.

Quick hits on other guys:

Davis Webb - Do not draft a Cal Bear Raid QB with a baby arm and no NFL route throws. Literally Jared Goff.
Mason Rudolph - Also never draft OK State QBs who are basically young Brandon Weeden. Less than mobile with strong arm in wide open air raid system that relies on two excellent receivers that it doesn't matter if you stare at because they'll be open? Pass.
Cooper Rush - Probably ends up in the AFL with that name
CJ Beathard - Destined to be a Kansas City backup in my mind right now. Pro-style credentials and a good, if not great arm, but has gotten the stuffing knocked out of him and has very limited routes to throw in Satan's offense. Matt Flynn.
Seth Rusell - Literally just faster Bryce Petty. That Baylor offense does not translate right now because the NFL still requires an insane amount of throwing in the middle of the field to survive. He's athletic when running and has a good arm, but his accuracy is mediocre with no real experience doing what he'd need to do. Also baylor
Josh Dobbs - Might be the worst passer people are pretending is any good in CFB right now. Literally cannot throw accurately to safe his life. His receivers would probably put up at least 2 or 3 1000 yard seasons amongst themselves if he was even slightly better/had better blocking. Might be a WR conversion. Denard Robinson.
Brady Gustafson - Will get taken in the 2nd or 3rd round because he throws like a boss even if it's for Montana. Bob Stitt's thrown a lot tighter of an offense together this year because he doesn't have to adjust for QBs with weak arms or anything like that, and it shows in this kid. Obviously still isn't an NFL or Pro system, but will show better on tape than almost everyone on this list.This year's Garroppolo/Wentz.
Zach Terrell - Future 3rd string backup who will start a game for the Browns at some point. Shows good accuracy and average arm strength while destroy MAC defenses with the best receiver in that conference in a while. Makes NFL-type throws against bad competition. Scott Tolzien.
Nate Peterman - No
Patrick Towles - Couldn't start at Kentucky so went to BC. Longer delivery than Tebow with less accuracy. Might actually be Tim Tebow if he let himself and stopped working out.
Trevor Knight - Injured and has piss poor accuracy. Live arm and runs well but can't hit the broad side of a barn. Bad footwork from air raid habits. CFL Tony Pike with legs.
Mitch Leidner - Former Todd McShay first rounder. Has a good arm that gets overstated because Minnesota will never run a play that actually stretches it to its limit meaning he always looks good. Terrible footwork in the pocket. Like, he might have anti-dexterity that makes defenders instinctively move closer to him. Inaccurate on the professional throws he makes, especially his 5 step drops. Will probably get drafted too early by someone and then cut before training camp. Looks like Tyler Wilson to me.

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 11, 2016

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

I would be so down for a first round OT.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Doltos posted:

My intriguing prospect of the year is actually a QB and his name is Brady Gustafson. Shotgun only giant of a QB for Montana that's built like a twig

A thick NFL linebacker is gonna murder poor Mike D's kid.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Derek Barnett

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Getting really mad in a GDT thread about the Bills passing on Clausen twice will be the shame I will have to carry with me to my grave.
It's okay, I was really excited about the Lee Evans/J.P. Losman combo.
I also thought we should've taken Clausen in the 2nd. And I also vaguely remember being disappointed we didn't get Joey Harrington.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was pissed the Browns jumped in front of the Chiefs and grabbed future All Pro Brady Quinn.

To a lesser extent I was sort of disappointed they did the same with Johnny Manziel, although that was less thinking Manziel was going to be a good player (although I had more hope than most will admit to these days). More because GODDAMNIT JUST DRAFT A QUARTERBACK IN THE FIRST. Not just since people who weren't born the last time KC did that are able to legally drink, they've had time to become full blown alcoholics start to work on developing liver disease.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Someone draft Donnell Pumphrey

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

MrLogan posted:

Same. Also maybe a OLB to play the weakside.

McKenzie is not going to draft a MLB or RB in the first round.

Paperback Writer posted:

I would be so down for a first round OT.

This is a distinct possibility

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

warcrimes posted:

McKenzie is not going to draft a MLB or RB in the first round.

I can see him taking a RB in the first if Murray is allowed to walk and the talent is there.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

NickRoweFillea posted:

Derek Barnett

Wouldn't mind him on the Titans with the Rams pick :q:

We need pass rushers, cornerbacks, and a #1 WR.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

MrLogan posted:

I can see him taking a RB in the first if Murray is allowed to walk and the talent is there.
Christian McCaffrey gonna be a Raider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes please, someone draft Brady Gustafson in the first round, surely this time drafting a super tall white QB will work out

• Locked thread