Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I could have sworn that video was already released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
:wtc: he only got a misdemeanor for that, and from what I read he started the whole incident using hate speech (called the woman's friend a slur, though it isn't clear if he said human being or queer). That is some bullshit.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Haha, merry Christmas Rodger.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

It was released within the last hour. It's the one from when he punched a lady at a restaurant in 2014.

Go one minute in: http://www.tulsaworldtv.com/Graphic...tesection=tulsa

Why did it get released now out of curiosity? I remember a lot of people asking for it back before he got reinstated to OU.

And yeah, that's a dude responding to a shove that barely moved him by knocking her the gently caress out.

Metapod posted:

I could have sworn that video was already released

I think it was described in text but with no actual video.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Why did it get released now out of curiosity? I remember a lot of people asking for it back before he got reinstated to OU.

And yeah, that's a dude responding to a shove that barely moved him by knocking her the gently caress out.

I think it was described in text but with no actual video.

Court ruled one of them had to be released for whatever reason, his camp decided to release the other so it'd be reported as "voluntarily released".

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As much as I hope otherwise, I seriously doubt anything will come of this. Mixon will do his sob-story redemption tour at the Combine, scouts and media will be like "well he made a mistake but this kid's a heckuva football player!" and the victim will turn off the TV around the time he goes on stage and hugs Goodell.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He almost murdered a girl and there's film of him doing it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

He almost murdered a girl and there's film of him doing it.

Too bad she sued for damages before he went pro. Is there a way for her to get more now? She deserves it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Didn't I already read that the girl called him the N word and that front offices had softened on the incident as a result?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Didn't I already read that the girl called him the N word and that front offices had softened on the incident as a result?

According to Mixon at least, I didn't see it reported from other witnesses that I can remember (I could be very wrong).

But really things just change when there's video out there, I figure there's probably some reassessment going on with his draft stock if they were all ok with the story before. Although if I had to guess not enough to blackball him completely.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The same school that saw this video and let him play also kicked out Tyreek Hill.

I'm going to guess there were extenuating circumstances.

Edit: no wait same state not same school. Whatever. More proof Oklahoma is terrible.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Edit: no wait same state not same school. Whatever. More proof Oklahoma is terrible.

Did you need more proof?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

The same school that saw this video and let him play also kicked out Tyreek Hill.

I'm going to guess there were extenuating circumstances.

Oklahoma is the school that kept a guy who kidnapped his girlfriend and threatened to murder her with a screw driver.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They also welcomed Dorial Green-Beckham, though he never got to actually play.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Sounds like a future Kansas city chief

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I looked around online and none of the stories I read reported that. Unfortunately I couldn't find many articles that went into detail about the events. Just a bunch of clickbait with the video.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

I looked around online and none of the stories I read reported that. Unfortunately I couldn't find many articles that went into detail about the events. Just a bunch of clickbait with the video.

Yeah, I though it was the reverse where Mixon called the dude she was with a human being.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It looks like he says something and she flips out immediately, while his punch was a direct reaction of her hitting him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Yeah, I though it was the reverse where Mixon called the dude she was with a human being.

Yeah, the only thing I found was that Mixon approached them and called the dude a homophobic slur, they didn't specify if it was human being or queer. They also don't say if he was intoxicated or not, but if he's sober and walked up spouting some hate speech to start a fight then I am really pissed about this. Clark and Hill may have done some hosed up poo poo, Ray Rice too, but Mixon looks like a whole different level of hosed up psychopath by comparison.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Welp time to add OU and Stoops to the gently caress them forever group of college teams. Can't wait for 20 years where we look back at this poo poo in absolute awe

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spintzel posted:

Welp time to add OU and Stoops to the gently caress them forever group of college teams. Can't wait for 20 years where we look back at this poo poo in absolute awe

There's already worse cases from 20 years ago. High horses in football never solve anything anyways.

Real Name Grover posted:

Giving up on Hackenberg so soon? C'mon Jets

I'd give up on Hack and my franchise after taking him in the 2nd

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

I'd give up on Hack and my franchise after taking him in the 2nd

That pick should really get the GM fired.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yeah, but this is the Jets so we have to handicap things a bit when talking about draft picks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'd still like to see a few slot corners in this draft. Howard looks great, Maxwell looks very serviceable in a 1b role, but Bobby Mccain just hasn't progressed.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think OJ Howard is gonna be really good in the NFL

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good. gently caress this guy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I don't get why the video changes things.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Because no one believes a lying slut that deserved it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

I don't get why the video changes things.

It shouldn't, but people in general don't really believe/understand things until they see them.

Having said that I still find it hard to believe he wouldn't be drafted by some team, and way harder to believe he wouldn't get signed.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Imagine if Tyreek Hill had a video

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--coulda changed things for sure, although in a perverse way actually pleading guilty might be a better look. e: Oh Mixon took a plea too, for some reason I was thinking he walked away totally on criminal charges.

Oh there's new stuff from the original police report today.

quote:

“And after that, like, I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard. It felt like a dude hit me. And after that, like, my face went boom, my reaction was just right there.”

Sure thing Joe. Although I think you're confused about who's face went boom. Oh yeah and that 'racial slurs' thing people were talking about? Wasn't plural, and didn't come from the girl but from one of her friends.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 20, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, from what I gather of it, he fought releasing the video because it would've been a bad enough look to get him kicked out of school, but in doing so it comes out now where he has two years of saying some pretty stupid, callous things and also having the side effect of dropping a ton of heat on the school now.

Also it happened at the peak of the Ray Rice video, so his side probably thought they had no choice but to try anything to bury the video. whoops!

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 20, 2016

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Are there any QBs this year who are actually worthy if being first-rounders? Even in lean years there's usually at least one but I don't see it this year.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Someone's gonna talk themselves into Watson if he declares.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CrumFUNist! posted:

Are there any QBs this year who are actually worthy if being first-rounders? Even in lean years there's usually at least one but I don't see it this year.

Watson and/or Trubisky.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

To me Trubisky screams the guy who will never be good enough to win a playoff game but will always be better than your alternatives.

So like Kirk Cousins

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Mitch Trubisky is not the name of a good quarterback. It's of a 20-year veteran at Long Snapper.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I gotta think Kaaya will declare, is he more of a second rounder?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mitch Trubisky is blake bortles as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

FizFashizzle posted:

To me Trubisky screams the guy who will never be good enough to win a playoff game but will always be better than your alternatives.

So like Andy Dalton

• Locked thread