Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Best: Keenan Allen
Worst: Arthur Brown

I may have thought JJ Watt went high too but's it's been too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It makes more sense for Baltimore to take Jabrill Peppers now that Orr is retired but it's still a terrible idea. No way our coaching staff has the talent to employ him creatively enough to make him anything other than a thumping safety over the middle.

We do need a returner though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Outside of Garrett do we have any kind of consensus on pass rushers?
My hope is to land someone who can be a three down OLB that can win with speed and occasionally be dropped into coverage. Seems like the draft is deep enough to land a quality player at 16 or the 2nd day, who should I be hoping for?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ugh, I guarantee he's a Raven if he lasts to the 48th pick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Watching Cooper Kupp I can't help but imagine a B- version of Jarvris Landry. Unless of course he goes to the Pats, then he'll dominate the league in "playing the game the right way" :911:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why are you so high Williams? I only saw two of his games so I'm coming from a place of ignorance but the lack of separation and occasional alligator arms stood out. Cool circus catches though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Does he really have Evans' high point ability? If so that's perfect for the toss it up guys like Flacco, Stafford, and Winston. At this point I'd like the Ravens to draft one, just one, WR who can actually catch the ball. My hope is that Kupp's poor 40 pushes him to the 2nd round.

It's hard to trust a receiver named Mike Williams again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Yes he does. One of the best high point/body control WRs in years. He would be a perfect fit with Flacco.

Edit: kinda doubt he's there at 16, though.

Oh there's no way he's there for Baltimore's pick. I'm just saying I've reached the point that I would be comfortable with the Ravens spending a 1st overall pick on Jarvis Landry's clone because holy poo poo it's been 20 years and no WR with decent hands drafted. It's frankly astounding.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not sure if it increased his draft stock but I remember Jamie Collins being relatively anonymous, having a huge combine and then being stellar for the Pats.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

I was really off on that WR class thinking that Watkins was a bonafide superstar and ODB was a huge reach. I mean Watkins still looks great when he's healthy but whatever.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oddly that makes sense to me. As someone who is a literal coin flip as a talent evaluator I tip my hat.

I still think Jalen Strong can be elite.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At least White has the excuse of being physically ruined.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's so horrible. I hope he was insured because he just lost millions of dollars due to this absurd pre-draft bullshit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

taco charlton

I've been hoping he climbs the Ravens' draft board because Taco Charlton is a jersey you buy day one.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I remember this happening the past few years but can't recall any of the potential TEs names so it hasn't been stellar success in the past.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

jimmy graham

Did you know that Jimmy Graham played football in College?

I'm talking about people like Rico Gathers. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000658858/article/cowboys-draft-former-baylor-hoops-star-rico-gathers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Really? His WR list looks a little silly in retrospect but that top 5 was absolutely the consensus order heading into that draft. Obviously Beckham has a head start but I wouldn't be shocked if Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Benjamin is the correct order by the time all of their careers are finished.

e:Though I would for sure put Jarvis Landry ahead of Kelvin.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

It's important to remember we are smack in the middle of draft bullshit season. Every team is employing their professional liars to lie their asses off in order to muddy the waters before draft day. Fiz actually raised a good point earlier, Panthers are for sure going to draft any prospect who's been connected to them that has a plummeting stock narrative going on.

That said, I too would like Dalvin Cook in the 2nd please.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Top receiver in this class is really hard to judge. For me, it's definetly between Williams and Davis but I'm not sure how you compare the two. Williams reminds me a of Alshon Jeffery with weaker hands but an insane eye for the football. He is constantly aware of where the ball will be and how best to position himself, regardless of how a corner is playing him. That's going to translate into a lot of impressive catches but it's also going to create so many pass interference calls. Williams in the right scheme will top best years' Torrey Smith for yards gained via PI. One other qualm with Williams is that he shares that weird balance issue that Keenan Allen has. i'm not if that even effects his game outside of the occasional lost YAC but he really looks gangly out there.

Davis has some focus drops but otherwise looks perfect. Frankly he looks like a Terrell Owens clone. Beautiful route running, physical after the catch, with the length and strength to make contested catches routinely. The concern here is competition level. Yeah, he had that man against boys vibe at Western Michigan but I have no clue if he would of looked any where near as good against the Alabama's of the world. It doesn't help matters that injury has kept him from participating in the combine or a pro day so we don't even have great raw numbers to compare him to legit NFL competition.

All told I'd go Mike Williams and feel a fool after he succumbs to the Mike Williams WR curse.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As someone who would like Mike Williams to be a Raven I think that's a fine idea.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

spanky69 posted:

Kyle Boller was a first round pick.

We don't talk about that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He looked not stellar but fine against the Ravens.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Now that we're a week out I need to make a database of all the mock drafts so I can look at that next year to remind me how stupid and futile mocks are. Anyone aware of something like this for previous years?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's pretty depressing. Ross is such a crazy fun player to watch.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Apparently Michigan has an OT named Erik Magnuson. That has to be about as bust proof a name/position combo as the league has ever seen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's probably a case of over correction but I don't believe anything that comes out the month of the draft. I don't believe Christian McCaffery is flying up draftboards, or that Leonard Fornette is shooting down. I don't buy any of that poo poo.

It does however seem plausible that a highly touted player from a top tier program would assault a woman because football makes people just loving terrible.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

Allbright is usually pretty locked in with sources. Picks 2 and 4 are interesting.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/856936542438395904

My hopes are pinned to one of Mike Williams, Derek Barnett, or Corey Davis falling to Baltimore then, and this is key, being picked by the Ravens instead of a loving tackle. So that list looks like a fine start.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Same thing with Brandon Williams. Had him listed as out of the league.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There's literally no way the Steelers take a WR in the 1st round. They have consistently hit big on WR in rounds 3-6 going back to '99. In fact, if this pick isn't a linebacker, cornerback or hybrid safety, I'd be shocked. Unless, of course if OJ Howard or Njoku fall to 30, which they won't

This is comforting. If the Ravens actually passed on two potential WR1s and a couple solid pass rushers to draft a decent RT, leading to the Steelers landing even more offensive superstars I would drop this fat boy obsessed team.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

NotWearingPants posted:

Mitch Trubisky is the perfect name for a bust pick over a player that becomes a perennial All-Pro

Why is Corey Davis falling so far? (27) I thought most mocks had him in the top 15.

Because no matter what anyone says NFL teams draft off need. Most of the WR need is in the top half of the draft. I could see a fall to the mid 20s if he lasts past Baltimore. Also, Davis has to be judged exclusively on tape due to his injury. A lot of teams don't like that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What human being that we are imperfectly informed about do you all want your preferred sports teams to capture via capitalism?

Mike Williams :allears:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets roster is so barren they could take almost any position and be ok with it. If they take an interior defensive lineman like Jonathon Allen the booing from Philly will rival anything on JetsBlunders.flv.

I would like Jamal Adams though.

Adams is rad. I'm sort of bummed that these generational talents at safety pop up right after the Ravens have theoretically filled there holes at the position. At least it's unlikely Adams or Hooker falls to Baltimore.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

89 posted:

LETS DO IT.

I'm thinking he has to make it past Baltimore and possibly Buffalo.

But, there is gonna be the QB market crash thatt Philly saw coming during the draft last year and like 4 QBs will be taken in the top 10 😎

#maybe

The Eagles pick before Baltimore. They also already have Jordan Matthews who is pretty much the B version of Davis. Drops and all.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Welp, dude just skyrocketed up my draftboard.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm gonna get tipsy and super excited and this anticlimactic poo poo is going to drag out over 3 hours like loving usual.

It hit me this morning that each team gets 15 minutes for the 1st round. That is unbearably long amount of time to pick and teams are incentivized to take every second because what if the Browns call with the deal of a lifetime.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Whoa, whoa.

Somebody named there child "Ironhead"? And he became a linebacker?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^
What? Tampa did exactly what you're supposed to do, let talent fall to you while everyone else goes crazy.

All that CTE has given Lynch otherworldly insight into the very fabric of the NFL. As far as explanations go that's the best I got.

I mean how does a deal like that Chicago trade even end up on the table? If San Fran proposed that poo poo to me I'd just flatly hang up.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Armando says Miami is targeting Tankersley and Cooper Kupp today

lol we are going to draft a WR

Kupp reminds me of a worse version of Landry so it definitely makes sense to replace the real thing with him. Also, didn't you guys pick up that Rutgers kid pretty high last year?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Robinson is Oher 2.0. Solid run, iffy pass, way too many penalties. Dude flashes dominance but I can't remember that the last o-linemen that impressed without consistency. I'd rather have Lamp or Morton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Having recently watched Baltimore draft a CB at the top end, I do not like that assessment. Especially since it seems true.

• Locked thread