Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The browns also supposedly loved Wentz so don't read too much into it. Before the draft, that is. After they famously said they didn't think he was worth a top 25 pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Browns taking two defensive players and no QB? Too good to be true.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol somehow they're going to trade one of their firsts to move up to first overall to draft trubisky.

Oh they definitely need to draft a QB and by the time of the draft at least one of them will be hyped as a high pick. But to ignore the position completely again would be So Browns.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Open Sorceror posted:

Picking another garbage qb in the 1st would be So Browns. Quinn, Weeden, JFF. I hate all of the "big name" prospects this year and I would be happy if they stuck to positions of need: edge rusher, OT, OLB. No qb can succeed with the Browns' OL.

The only QB i think stands a chance of being more than a career backup is Kizer, and he still looked really raw last year.

I hope they go defense and O line the first 3 rounds, maybe pick up another WR, and overpay for some missing pieces in FA.

Unfortunately I think we won't find an answer at QB this year, but Kessler looked decent. Get another veteran for when the first two QBs get injured.

THe problem is the Browns need every position, and especially quarterback. If we go 0-16, do you really think the front office will feel comfortable next year not drafting a QB who at the very least will buy them another year or two?

I expect them to fill holes with overpriced marginal or old free agents and then waste all their draft picks as usual.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

corn on the cop posted:

Mitch Trubisky is not the name of a good quarterback. It's of a 20-year veteran at Long Snapper.

It is a God-tier Browns QB name.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Barkevious Mingo was such an incredible name that he could never have hoped to live up to the potential.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
He's tall.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Benne posted:

You'd think after Drew Brees and Russell Wilson blew up NFL scouts would be like "huh, maybe QB height isn't the end-all-be-all."

Then Brock Osweiler gets $72 million and Christian Hackenberg goes in the second round and you realize NFL scouts are just really loving stuck in their ways.

Brees was the first pick in the second round, so he had expectations. Wilson and Dak are anomalies. For every player like them there are fifty colt McCoy's and Brett hundleys.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
We done it! Almost winning that game five different times was oh so browns, but they managed to hang on and keep their eyes on the prize. We're number one!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Doltos posted:

Well Joe Thomas and Alex Mack were both pretty outstanding picks. Joe Haden has had a good career and their 2015/2016 first rounders look promising. I think the Browns are just unlucky with the quality of talent available to them for skill positions. Week rear end 2007 QB draft lead to Brady Quinn and they drank the poison in 2014 with Manziel. Most of their bad first rounders of the early 2000's weren't egregious reaches either. I do fault them for taking Tim Couch over Donovan McNabb who even my 11 year old rear end knew was better.

The only outright egregious picks the browns have made since 99 were kellen Winslow instead of Ben, and manziel instead of teddy. Lots of their picks didn't work out but that's how it goes even for good teams.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
You trade down to get extra picks and ruin more young men's lives

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Godwin is a strong name, perhaps too strong.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Metapod posted:

There is no way a man with that name can fail

It is a #1 overall pick name.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Does he have skinny knees like Teddy?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Braylon Edwards owned except he never learned how to catch the ball.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Flikken posted:

This is like the 3rd mock draft I've seen the Browns taking a RB at #12. Crow and Duke were a decent 1-2 punch. Why use that high a pick on a RB?

Fear not, the Browns will trade down from both #1 and #12 and draft high motor low production defensive linemen who just love football.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

extendedsolo posted:

Holy poo poo if this is true, I"m sorry Bills fans.

There is no way Jimmy G is worth a first rounder. Jimmy G+another draft pick is most likely. People were flipping out when Bradford was overpaid for and he was at least a competent QB this year, there is no history with Garrapolo. If I were Cleveland I wouldn't overpay at all, make someone else do it and get Romo or Cutlers corpses draft and develop QBs.

If they feel he's better than anyone in this QB class, he's worth a first rounder. Remember, Cleveland has #1, #12 and #33 so they could easily end up with 3+ 1st round picks after trades.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
On the other hand, are they just supposed to roll with RG3/Kessler and probably lose 13-14 games or roll the dice on what might be a good starter? Same difference as drafting someone, and the Browns have a ton of cap space so the salary overhead isn't a huge concern.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Hoyer owns if you like awful quarterbacks who knew how to shred garbage time prevent defenses.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Wow, what's next, Deshaun Watson gets compared to a black QB?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Can't wait to find out who has the best "bubble"!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Doltos posted:

My favorite hilariously bad performance so far is Dan Skipper. That dude doesn't look like he could fit any position. I also know that Sam Rogers is a fullback but he might be the slowest fullback of this millennium.

I watched Terrell smith play for many years. It would be tough to be slower than that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Alright who has the best names or nicknames? Gotta start working on my Big Board.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Corn Elder has been at the top of my Big Board for a long time. I'm looking for the next Barkevious.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Well the 49ers have just signed Brian Hoyer so you know they're drafting Trubisky and starting him by week 6.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I went back and re-watched some of Cody Kessler's highlights. Lots more dinking and dunking, WRs running comebacks, and HB dumpoffs than I remember. He has the "it" factor in that he can lead an offense well but I don't know if the physical ability is going to be there to be the guy.

What QB should the Browns take at either #12 or #33.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
We can't keep waiting for next year forever though, and are in a good spot to get one of the top 3 QBs this year.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Leave it to the Browns to be the worst team in the league in a year when there is no good QB prospect to draft highly.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
TE is about the only position I can't get hyped for. I guess I probably have a mental block from when the Browns traded a second round pick to move up one spot in the first round and take General Kellen Winslow Jr. instead of Ben Roethlisberger.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I hope Corn Elder becomes a hall of famer because I want my son to grow up understanding why I also named him Corn Elder.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Alright we all know Corn Elder is going #1 overall, but what about my boy Jake Butt?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

zimbomonkey posted:

What the gently caress even is elite character? Is he compelled to help every old lady he sees cross the street? If he passes a burning building does he always run in to save the family pet? Does his skin lack melanin? Does he volunteer for every church bake sale?

Derek Carr would have been #1 overall if elite character actually mattered.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Ehud posted:

I want Miami to draft corn or taco

are there any other food names this year

Jake Butt, depending if you nasty.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

euphronius posted:

This makes sense to me . Don't know why they bother after November. They are risking everything for the school.

Can't wait to see the top Ohio State prospects clown all over the MAC and the Big10 bottom feeders before getting phantom injuries before the bowl games.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
How good is Myles Garrett in relation to other super hyped pass rushers based entirely on college production and combine stats? I am looking for more than "he good" or even the vaulted "he real good".

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If he's as good as is said, the only way the Browns don't take him is if they get an offer for someone to move up that is too good to refuse. Do you see that happening for a DE? Browns still need help everwhere so if the deal was right I'm sure they'd consider it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

ShakeZula posted:

It seems like forever ago that Jake Butt was seen as the unbeatable king of the name competition.

Edit: Money Hunter absolutely going to the Saints

Gregg Williams coaches for the Browns now so Money Hunter is a sure thing in Cleveland.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
"He has an ugly girlfriend" has literally been a knock against players before.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Why would Cleveland have trouble trading down from 1?

Seems more likely they trade up from 12 or 33 to get a qb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If Garrett is as good as they say, then yes this draft does have a player worth trading to #1 for.

The question of drafting Trubisky #1 comes down to whether they think he is better than Wentz who they passed up on last year or not.

• Locked thread