Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Pre-draft speculation last year was that the Jets were all over Hack and that ended up happening. In this case I think Trubisky goes top 3 and the Jets wont have a high enough pick.

If they think he's actually a franchise QB they should trade up for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well yes but it will be cost prohibitive when the top 3 spots will likely be held by QB needy teams. I'd rather give up two 1sts and a large contract for Kirk Cousins than another lottery ball.

I would do that too but I don't think it's going to be an option.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Cutler.

Do it New York

I'd rather have Glennon.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'd give up on Hack and my franchise after taking him in the 2nd

That pick should really get the GM fired.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

Watson and/or Trubisky.

I don't trust the guy who drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round to know if either of those guys are any good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Interesting take from Matt Miller. I'm aware of his 1 career INT but beyond that I though he was productive.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2684264-matt-millers-week-17-nfl-scouting-notebook

I'm sure the Jets will take him at 5.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Seems like a bunch of mocks have Fournette going to the Jets and I really don't like that. I'm sure he'll be great, but I feel like Powell can be a good to very-good feature back if given a chance to be. I think at this point I'd love to see them trade down since they have such an absolute dearth of talent.

I don't think Powell is an every down feature back and you can never get good value for trading down from 6. I'm fine with any impact player and Fournette is that.

As far as their drafting goes, they are 0 for 2 in the second round and I'm nowhere near sold on Lee yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, obviously the second round performance is terrible going back to...jesus, 2007?

I'm not totally sold on Lee (maybe saying he was "good" was an exaggeration). He was inconsistent and he struggled in coverage something crazy. But, I think he looked solid enough at a lot of points that it's fine to be optimistic about him.

They have 1 impact player from 2 drafts and he literally fell in their lap.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Spintzel posted:

Mixon reminds me a lot of a certain 2008 drafted RB out of Rutgers

Rice didn't have character issues in school though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

So i guess this is where I reiterate that Im on the Deshaun Watson train.

I'm not. He's too small. He's turned over the ball way too much and he's going to take time to learn to win from the pocket.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Does he have skinny knees like Teddy?

Teddy played much more of an NFL style game in college.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MrLogan posted:

Jets are the most likely candidate to trade with the Niners (assuming they don't trade up with the Browns).

I would be shocked if the Jets trade up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Same. Not for a QB he wont.

He did try to trade up for Laremy Tunsil when he started dropping but the Giants backed out.

I mean he does have a history of falling in love with terrible QB's so never say never but it seems dumb.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

I genuinely don't think Hackenberg is on an NFL roster next season. NFL GMs generally have a hard time accepting when their players should become sunk costs, but the chatter around him seems exceptional.

He'll be the Jets 3rd stringer next year. he's probably out of the league by 18.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I guess he's not too high on Hooker...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm totally on board with Jamal Adams at #6 if the Jets opt for the QB-less tank season.

There is no QB to take at 6 anyway. Watson would be an utter disaster. I prefer a trade down but I'm good with Adams too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

Williams would be ahead of Mike Evans a little bit. Corey Davis would probably be a first rounder too. I was really off on that WR class thinking that Watkins was a bonafide superstar and ODB was a huge reach. I mean Watkins still looks great when he's healthy but whatever.

You're pretty much saying here that Mike Williams is going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL...I don't see it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Entirely possible the Jets take a QB at 6 or the Bills pick someone up as a developmental if they're believers between 5-11. The Bills FO seems continually torn on their opinion on Tyrod. The 12th pick is the biggest question mark for the Browns.

If the Jets take a QB at 6 that is just a blatant cry that they have no idea what they are doing whatsoever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can't figure out their play here to be blowing so much smoke about QBs, especially when they're generally pretty secretive. Do they want Cleveland or Buffalo to trade up to 5 for Trubisky? How would they benefit from that unless they think it'll cause a player they want (Adams?) to slip to 6?

I have zero idea where they're going. Safety seems like a good bet if Adams is there. Fournette and OJ Howard could be intriguing, if a bit of an overdraft at 6. I could see them wanting Charles Harris or Hassan Reddick if they manage to drop back a bit. poo poo, they might actually draft Trubisky as well.

Well considering I completely lost all faith in McCagnin after he drafted Hackenberg in the loving 2nd round, any or all or none of those things can be possible. I don't believe they have a coherent plan or would be able to execute said plan if they had one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

His plan is to draft a QB every year until they find a decent one, no we don't need to make sure they aren't terrible before we spend high draft capital on them.

That is a poo poo plan.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Post on Reddit listing all player visits with multiple meetings with the same team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/662pok/players_with_multiple_meetings_with_the_same_team/

At least 11 pre-draft meetings with QBs. That's not smokescreen.

The Jets seem to value 2nd round picks similar to 7th round picks so if they throw away another 2 on a QB that would pretty much be par for the course. A QB at 6 is an unmitigated disaster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

Less than a week until I'm underwhelmed by the Texans taking a safety in the first :toot:

I would be thrilled with a safety.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets should take him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I still think 2 QBs will go in the top 10. Silver says that Hue has no say in the Browns pick and they're actively trying to trade up into the top 10, specifically for Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/BrownsChalkTalk/status/856509371152568320

If the Jets are able to trade down into 12 with the Browns and pick up a 2 plus like a 4 next year I will forgive Macc for drafting Hackenberg.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL_CFB/status/856868601474822144

Deshaun Watson owns, I hope he doesn't go to the Jets.

Me too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/857313022804709377

Where can I sign up for this?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Short of a trade down, can't imagine anyone being upset with either Adams or Hooker at 6.

I'm fine with OJ Howard too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets roster is so barren they could take almost any position and be ok with it. If they take an interior defensive lineman like Jonathon Allen the booing from Philly will rival anything on JetsBlunders.flv.

I would like Jamal Adams though.

There is like no chance Adams is going to be there though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Hooker, Howard, trade-down, Fournette. It's going to be tough to screw this up.

Just keep me away from Lattimore and his hammys.

I don't want Fournette. I'm fine with Hooker or Howard or trade down. Just no QB's.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

How are you feeling about McCaffrey, iin the event of a trade down?

David Shaw puts the Jets as one of the ideal fits for him. I guess he coached with John Morton when he was with Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802663/article/shaw-sees-jets-among-fits-for-rb-christian-mccaffrey

I don't trust them to use him right and I can't see taking a better Danny Woodhead in the 1st round when the Jets have so many holes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Just want to say how much I despise the 3 day Draft format.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Last time the Jets were at 6 the best defensive player in the draft fell in their lap. COME ON ADAMS!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not for nothing but I dont trust any Jets source to know what a Pro Bowl level TE is.

I prefer Hooker but I wouldn't be upset at this pick.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm fine with Howard. The last Pro Bowl TE the Jets drafted was Mickey Shuler in 78.

Holy poo poo how can one team be so bad at drafting offensive players?

QB - Jeff Blake doesn't count so Ken O'Brien, 1983
WR - Santana Miss, 2001
RB - Freeman McNeil, 1981
TE - Mickey Shuler, 1978

They usually don't even try to draft offensive players heh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lots of smoke out there about Cook to the Jets. Their RB coach ran his Pro Day, potential BPA, etc...

I think someone will have to trade up for him.

Lots of bad poo poo about him too but considering that the jets usually punt 2nd's i'm fine with him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

Hey mcmagic how are you enjoying the draft bro?

A+.. Would watch again. (That will probably not be the case after tonight)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Trading up in the 2nd two consecutive years to draft QBs that belong in the 4-5th seems like A+ plan Macc.

I'm gonna have to see them do this again before I believe it. It makes zero earthly sense.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 28, 2017

• Locked thread