Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here's Brugler on Dak and Hack last year.

He gave Hackenberg a 4th round grade; Prescott a 4-5th round grade. Prescott projects as a better version of Tebow capable of spot-starting.

The knock that I remember seeing the most on Dak pre draft (and also in that report) was his mediocre pocket presence and how he fell apart under pressure. He had a lot of other positive attributes that translated well to the NFL.

When you got plopped on to a team that has the best offensive line and run game in the NFL, those pockets that can get pretty muddy in the NFL clear up pretty quickly.

He got to play on a team that would help any rookie qb an incredible amount, but also one that masked his biggest weakness. Who knows how well Dak plays in any other situation last season.

Compare that to Hack who does nothing well though and yeah it's hard to justify giving him a higher grade than Dak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Although it's a handshake deal I guess, the Giants probably didn't offer as much

if that tweet was saying the Giants wanted to trade up for Maholmes, Schefter deleted it and also Giants beat writers are saying it's not true

https://twitter.com/JamesKratch/status/858089281809723393

The Giants interviewed Mahomes a few times before the draft and definitely seemed interested, but I highly doubt they were willing to do anything close to what the Chiefs did to get him.

• Locked thread