Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Who do you think will be BPA for the Atlanta Falcons at pick #32?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Are they trading picks with the Pats or something

Also the Chargers should draft a safety or an OL so wassup Cam Robinson

The Pats are picking 30...right in front of (31) Raiders and (32) Falcons!

Seriously though, I am excited for the draft which is something I am not used to. Quinn and Dimitroff have put together a couple solid rookie classes, with last years being especially good with Neal, Jones, Campbell, Hooper and Poole.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

Worst: Peter Konz

Trigger warning, good lord man!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gynecolojustice posted:

I really wanted Nelson Agholor to be a Chief, also thought Jon Baldwin was a great draft pick, thought Dontari Poe was going to suck

Are we telling stories of failed fandom?

I really wanted Atlanta to draft Glenn Dorsey in the 1st and Brian Brohm in the 2nd instead of Matt Ryan :downs:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

swickles posted:

What do they have in common that is different than what noted and obviously unfairly treated running QB Cam Newton has?

Talent

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

It takes 16 days to process a rape kit in Cleveland?

They are currently working round the clock to process the kits the Pacers provided

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'd say #1 is correct.

If someone comes along and makes a bet with you that if the Browns take Garrett at #1 they will pay off your house, but if they don't, you owe double are you taking that bet?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol @ the dude in the Falcon's shirt

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Benne posted:

Who the gently caress wears JC Penney to their draft night? I'm taking him off my board if I see that.

Right?

He should have gone to Kohl's for that Kohl's Cash! Irresponsible. Reckless. Would not draft.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

McGinn's final mock which is usually amongst the most accurate. Trubs #1.

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/857429880316801025

Another mock with Atlanta taking a CB in the first :rolleyes:

Yeah, after paying our top 2 corners we are going to add to our already crowded position. Stupid pick.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nintendo offered Tyus Bowser an endorsement deal

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Meet my future ex-wife

You divorced her because of her butter face? Can't say I disagree.

Helluva arm though :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Those handjobs are probably a bit scary

She'd turn it into a javelin throw

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

Butter face? Seriously?

I mean she looks like a Jimmy Fallon/alien love child

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

So, I've done barely any of the normal prep for the draft, I don't even know who i want the Bears to take, other than not a QB

Anyone want to give me a run down on who the best defensive players after Garrett are?

Thomas/Adams more than likely

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

e: couldn't help myself :v:

lmao, see it's loving Jimmy Fallon!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Trade Up Tom is at it again!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857663030301265922

Woof...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

fsif posted:

Unless one of the safeties is there, trading down is probably smart for Buffalo.

Not sure who would want to move into 10, though. I guess a team might get antsy over a quarterback?

If Atlanta does this, it has to be for a pass rushers. Barnett maybe? Willis? That is a huge jump though, would cost a boat load...makes me nervous :ohdear:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Saw this earlier. idgi

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't get it either. There's really no value in getting Kizer, since there's already two years of development with Hundley. Either this is the BPA mentality surfacing again like it did in 2005, or the team really has no faith in Hundley and is willing to spend their top pick on a backup.

The Packers also aren't generally a front office that plays the rumor/smokescreen game so I don't think this is just Ted trying to fool another team who wants Kizer into trading up.

Kizer is a very young 21 years old (January birthday) so if he sits for 3-4 seasons he'd be still young for a franchise quarterback if the long-term plan is to replace Rodgers with Kizer.

Not sure about Hundley, but with QBs playing into their late 30s these days it seems like it would be a huge reach considering they have zero secondary atm.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers secondary is actually better than it seemed in 2016, a terrible rash of injuries and two highly-drafted corners going through a sophomore slump meant that the secondary vastly underperformed. I don't think the short-term solution is drafting another corner who will need 2-3 seasons of development.

Not that I'm saying that Kizer makes sense over drafting another position, mind you.

Rodgers is 33, but with 3 fewer years of NFL physical abuse on his frame compared to other 33-year-old quarterbacks. He can play five more seasons easily.

Oh ok. I thought the secondary was pretty decimated and that was their #1 need. What is their #1 need? I know it's aint a QB!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Robinson is Oher 2.0. Solid run, iffy pass, way too many penalties. Dude flashes dominance but I can't remember that the last o-linemen that impressed without consistency. I'd rather have Lamp or Morton.

Well considering they were trotting out Oher 1.0, Oher 2.0 would be an upgrade.

• Locked thread