Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
And the winner is:
This poll is closed.
Magnus +2 or More 11 32.35%
Magnus +1 8 23.53%
Magnus in Tie-breaks 4 11.76%
Karjakin in Tie-breaks 0 0%
Karjakin +1 1 2.94%
Nuclear War 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Hand Knit posted:

And again, Karjakin takes a draw mysteriously early.
Mysteriously? What's the implication here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Is that, effectively, the first big game he's ever lost? In 2014 he did lose to Anand in game 3 but that was after winning in game 2, but in this case he's yet to win, so it might hit the psyche differently.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
In under an hour what on earth? Geez, you arrive late to a game around here...

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
That's a very strange idea. That's like saying "let's knock out overtime before we play the game in case we need overtime".

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Do you think people should wear gloves during chess? I once had to for a photoshoot, but I am a celebrity.

rofl at Jan, this guy's a riot

That entire 90 second rant from Jan was legendary. Peter Svidler has no sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

King Pawn posted:

This is the wrongest opinion i've seen so far today and i spent 15 minutes reading chess24 chat
Alright fine his "and other people" drop in on the Cruel Intentions bit was funny too.

I'm like the only person in the world watching the chess world championship for the humor.

• Locked thread