Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm really excited for it. reviews look like it's an improvement (slightly) over the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, hmm, looks like the pc port is pretty lovely at the moment... that sucks

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

oh, hmm, looks like the pc port is pretty lovely at the moment... that sucks

I only ever have problems when missions start, once it gets going it seems fine.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I keep hearing about PC problems but honestly I haven't had a single issue so far.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The first game was great, I have so many drat games to play but I wanna pick this up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

first game was really awesome and ppl are saying this is more of the same, which sounds perfect

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

im running into pc issues which is annoying but thats also because im trying to get as much graphics out of it as I can instead of just turning it down to high or something. the game itself seems great so far

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*in outsider voice* please like subscribe and comment below

corvo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I got it coming in the mail tomorrow I'm excited. Honestly totally fine with more of the same especially since the mission areas are apparently less linear and have more subquests in them that interact with each other in different ways

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
well you see the game is very problematic because

hahaha just kidding the game is great, though there's prly like half a chance you'll have some weird slowdowns on PC. if you do though just google around, there's some fixes for most architectures published.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

im running into pc issues which is annoying but thats also because im trying to get as much graphics out of it as I can instead of just turning it down to high or something. the game itself seems great so far

yah the max settings are insanely demanding and you need like a 1070 i think to get smooth framerate

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i really like the gameplay in this and how you can do nonlethal runs where you just run up into guys and take them all out in addition to being stealthy, i dont remember if those systems were in the first game too but remember having to reload a lot if i got discovered

in this one if you're trying to choke out a guy and 3 other dudes see you you can finish choking the 1, counter the swing of a guy coming up to stun him, grab him and half choke him then throw him into the other two to knock them over, the guy you threw is out of breath and on the ground so you have a new move to just kick his head to knock him out, then you can do a charge stab with a knife that also puts dudes into stun mode so you can finish off the other two guys that way without having to go lethal and just shoot them all.

It feels more fluid than how I remember big gang fights going in dishonored 1.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

yah the max settings are insanely demanding and you need like a 1070 i think to get smooth framerate

I have a 1080 and it defaulted everything to ultra at 4k so 10 series cards definitely do help.

Sharkopath posted:

i really like the gameplay in this and how you can do nonlethal runs where you just run up into guys and take them all out in addition to being stealthy, i dont remember if those systems were in the first game too but remember having to reload a lot if i got discovered

One thing I'm glad they added was non-lethal takedowns from above because if I remember correctly you could only do lethal ones in the first game.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah its awesome that being spotted and assaulted by like 4 guards can be dealt with non-lethally and without alerting the rest of the level.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the writing/story stuff feels really weird to me though but I can't say why

like its moving too fast or the syntax of how people talk bounces around all odd, i don't know

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cannonballoon posted:

I have a 1080 and it defaulted everything to ultra at 4k

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Get on my level

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Coolguye posted:

hahaha just kidding the game is great, though there's prly like half a chance you'll have some weird slowdowns on PC. if you do though just google around, there's some fixes for most architectures published.

What is the joke here. Please tell me

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

rediscover posted:

What is the joke here. Please tell me

the joke is Games

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Coolguye posted:

the joke is Games

Your avoiding the question

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Your avoiding the question

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there like a scandal or something? I honestly haven't heard of one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idc if the moral of the game is to kill babies as long as it's fun and well designed

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Coolguye posted:

holt poo poo. This game took me on a kickass rollercoaster ride

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Edit: Meant to say, This Post.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
D-dis game twiggewed me! I want a safe space...

Haha, just kidding - it's fuckawesome. And if this post ofends you? You can gently caress off.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

no they will not posted:

Haha, just kidding - it's fuckawesome. And if this post ofends you? You can gently caress off.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

no they will not posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no they will not posted:

Very strong first post. Hope it works out for you

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

no they will not posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

can i get dishonored def edition ps4 for cheap anywhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

can i get dishonored def edition ps4 for cheap anywhere

You can get it for free if you buy Dishonored 2 I think. Not the best deal of course. Black Friday is right around the corner though and target/best buy usually has good in store deals

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Oh sick. thanks

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

This game is pretty great so far. It feels like something Looking Glass would release if they were still around, which makes sense since there are ex-LG people at Arkane.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's cool that they decided to change the setting from industrial london to colonial cuba.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

no they will not posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/797116669080518661

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oh hell yes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

no they will not posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

no they will not posted:

lol

• Locked thread