Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Far Reach with the Invisible Thread black bonecharm is practically identical to Blink and has more utility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's weird that there's still a bit of slowdown on PS4. like in the boat debriefing scene before mission 2, if your character is facing the city then there's noticable stutter, but if you're facing the open ocean it's much smoother.

anyway, i'm going to start another file and try a high chaos corvo run.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i've heard things about the framerate on ps4 being both garbage and also people who never had a problem, is it bad enough to make a real difference?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i've heard things about the framerate on ps4 being both garbage and also people who never had a problem, is it bad enough to make a real difference?

I think this is a thing that's gonna start happening with games being made to cater to the pro. It's like early PS4 games that also
Had lovely PS3 versions (shadow of mordor on PS3 was a broken mess)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i haven't had any real problems outside of the few instances i mentioned above. only on the third mission, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I think this is a thing that's gonna start happening with games being made to cater to the pro. It's like early PS4 games that also
Had lovely PS3 versions (shadow of mordor on PS3 was a broken mess)

Pro versions of games generally seem to be running worse from what I've read. It seems like they're using the extra power to put bigger textures in and the framerate is worse

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Pro versions of games generally seem to be running worse from what I've read. It seems like they're using the extra power to put bigger textures in and the framerate is worse

I really hope this whole console upgrade during the same generation poo poo turns out to be a failure and we go back
To the old way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems like it's all a big marketing scheme to get people to pay full price for a console the entire length of its existence instead of it gradually getting cheaper. Which sucks but it's not the end of the world

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Benny D posted:

I really hope this whole console upgrade during the same generation poo poo turns out to be a failure and we go back
To the old way
This is the final console generation.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

This is the final console generation.

Agreed. After the incredible genius of the Nintendo Switch nobody will want to buy another video game console again.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

To the old way

I think its just a one off for VR

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

I.N.R.I posted:

I think its just a one off for VR

what about the new 3ds?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

what about the new 3ds?

I love the new 3ds

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

It seems like it's all a big marketing scheme to get people to pay full price for a console the entire length of its existence instead of it gradually getting cheaper. Which sucks but it's not the end of the world

I'm kinda ok with it since it drives down the price of non pro consoles and creates a bigger refurb market if people double dip.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Yeah, I can definitely name 2 who have gotten dishonored: Hillary Clinton and Tim Caine. Shame on anyone ITT who didnt vote for them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yeah, I can definitely name 2 who have gotten dishonored: Hillary Clinton and Tim Caine. Shame on anyone ITT who didnt vote for them.

Sir, this is NOT a McDonalds drivethru.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

guards notice me wayyy further than I remember, which I'm kinda glad about because I remember Dishonored 1 getting pretty easy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

guards notice me wayyy further than I remember, which I'm kinda glad about because I remember Dishonored 1 getting pretty easy

yeah, on hard this is a really challenging game

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

It's good.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm doing one save file w/ emily where i make my own checkpoints and approach each room as an individual puzzle, and another w/ corvo where i limit myself to only check points the game creates

it's really fun

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Mission 7 is disorienting but once you get used to it it's fun. The item you get is cool and I hope it's used more later and not just for this level.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

indeed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my main run is low chaos, and i accidentally did this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Wbl--azdE

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

hahaha

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

lol I did something similar with domino and a sleep dart for a non-lethal run. They both collapsed onto the rum and set themselves on fire.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
mission 4 spoiler: holy poo poo, the clockwork mansion is one of the coolest game levels i've ever played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Wbl--azdE

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive had the original for a long time but never played it, I should check it out some time.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

mission 4 spoiler:

It's one of the most legit impressive things I've seen in a game recently. If you go for the associated stealth achievement you never get to see any of it in depth, which is kinda sad.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Ive had the original for a long time but never played it, I should check it out some time.

dishonored 1 is a really awesome game. the plot doesnt really add up but the gameplay is top tier

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont remember the ploit of like 90% of the games ive ever played

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know in bad dudes you have to be a bad enough dude to rescue the president

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

it has the most fun stop time ability of any game I've ever played

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dlc is also very good,

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dishonored 1 is straight up one of my favorite games

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the level design (in both games) is amazing. they really think of everything in terms of how to traverse a level, and there are 4 or 5 legit ways through each encounter.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, the coding and animation on movement, powers, combat, and interaction is seamless. when you get used to playing it's basically effortless to do incredibly awesome poo poo, which is also something i like about the souls series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It looks like the closest I've seen a game come to the thief/deus ex level design, even if the story isn't very cool. If Pokemon wasn't en route to my mailbox right now I'd install it this second and start playing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need to play the Dishonored 1 DLC before I pick up the new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like the story. it's a straightforward revenge story with a cool setting.

• Locked thread