Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I actually hope people buy these at ridiculously inflated prices (as seen in the OP) and then every Friday for the next 8 weeks Nintendo ships another 500k units to Target/Best Buy so everyone else who wants one can get it at regular price.

If the scalpers get hosed on the deal they can still make their money back by selling the unit at cost. If the idiots who couldn't wait a few days to play NES roms get hosed then they're huge idiots and I will laugh at them.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

wtf? gently caress the scalpers too dude

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gamers are NOT going to put up with this poo poo anymore.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-CONTR...sIAAOSw44BYJfyW

EXTRA CONTROLLER

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
scalpers piss me off

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got one this morning. Can't wait to game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol Nintendo only sent like, five of these to each store, and the amazon page is completely inaccessible right now

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Dafuq

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Is this like a real NES or what.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Is this like a real NES or what.

it's an emulator box with 30 games for 60 bucks.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it sold out immediately because nintendo didnt know ppl would buy it lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I wanted one but the controller situation makes it impossible in my current set up so Ill wait for the SNES version.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I wanted one but the controller situation makes it impossible in my current set up so Ill wait for the SNES version.
It's meant to be played like an actual NES, with you sitting on the floor 3 feet from the TV criss-cross-applesauce style.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i only really want it to play mario and kirby for the billionth time and double dragon 2 with the childhood friend i got into a fight over battletoads with for nostalgia feels but the thing is $99 here so im not buying it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird that it has CV1 and 2 but not 3, the best NES CV game

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Gotta save something for the NEW NES CLASSIC EDITION coming this Summer.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Evil Eagle posted:

._.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

yeah, it had some wierd oversights and crap like the nes pacman port which i will never play.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

I actually hope people buy these at ridiculously inflated prices (as seen in the OP) and then every Friday for the next 8 weeks Nintendo ships another 500k units to Target/Best Buy so everyone else who wants one can get it at regular price.

If the scalpers get hosed on the deal they can still make their money back by selling the unit at cost. If the idiots who couldn't wait a few days to play NES roms get hosed then they're huge idiots and I will laugh at them.

Thats a rather miserable stance

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Gamers are NOT going to put up with this poo poo anymore.

Good on them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

thios is a stupid idea and i won't buy one gently caress you nintendo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

its a cool christmas present

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

gently caress nintendo i already got one of these from the flea market last week

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

gently caress nintendo i already got one of these from the flea market last week

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-NES-Classic-Edition-Mini-30-GAMES-System-Console-/252632315321?hash=item3ad20f35b9:g:mrkAAOSwux5YJmp7

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

It's meant to be played like an actual NES, with you sitting on the floor 3 feet from the TV criss-cross-applesauce style.

this is really dumb doesnt nintendo know im almost 30 and wanna sit in my sick rear end couch i bought with moeny i earned at my job

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Savage For The Winjun posted:

this is really dumb doesnt nintendo know im almost 30 and wanna sit in my sick rear end couch i bought with moeny i earned at my job

gently caress yo couch nigga. lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

Savage

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

They sell extension cords for the controller

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Now there is a scalper I respect, someone who takes pride in his work and doesn't do it half assed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

Lol. He's hosting SNL tonight

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I remember the time my parents punished me by having my sister play super mario 3 in front of me and just jumping into pits, the memory still pisses me off today

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

haha, yeah, totally

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I remember the time my parents punished me by having my sister play super mario 3 in front of me and just jumping into pits, the memory still pisses me off today

I would have called Child Protective Services. Talk about f*cked up...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:catstare: :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:stare:

but lmao

• Locked thread