Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in.

is that first image from over the garden wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

No more nudes Keane

why must you be the screen door on my submarine

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I Have To Unvote. I Can't Vote Again Unless I Unvote. It's Sad, But True. I Love This Rule, Typing This Sentence Is My Favorite Part.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

It is late, see y'all tomorrow.

Already making excuses, Max?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm bored of this gimmick already ##vote moat

chill bro.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

*Falls on the ground giggling*

More like *looks around slyly and says in a whisper* A-S-Siina

*Laughs even more obnoxiously*

throws handful of non-dairy creamer into the campfire

enough jokes, i now call this meeting of the midnight society to order.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Keane

I don't believe that people with nothing to lose get nervous. Also, this case feels like scum taking an early joke interaction too seriously.

no, i don't see it that way. i think moat is town, he's very unselfconscious in a way that feels natural. i think keane is right to try and push discussion on the pin/moat interaction though. otherwise what are we even doing here?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

So Ernie I'm assuming you were making a lovely case to try to catch people jumping on you.

Because goddamn.

this post is weird, like you're waiting for someone else to take the lead.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

LEAD FOR WHAT, SOMBER?!

the lead on an earnest lynch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

what's up with gsct here

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

beset by economic anxiety, Somberbrero no longer uses "dunk".

yeah i don't know, it's a thing i've been thinking about lately. i think alternatives to 'lynch' are probably better but it feels like kind of a pointless battle now? i don't know.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
no one knows themself very well, i think.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
there sure is a whole lot of rhetoric going on here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the devil is dancing two-step on my skull so i don't imagine i'll be around for deadline. i thought i was going to vote ernie but reading down confused the issue for me. i'll come back to this once i've caught up on all these goddamn voicemails.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

##unvote
##vote chores

I can't help but think that chores isn't going to contribute to this game so I have no issues voting there until I'm proven wrong.

pretttty weak. a lruker vote that can be easily retracted later without fuss.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I stand by it. If it helps there's a meta element of "I've only ever seen town chores and he usually :justpost:s" but I'm not going to feel bad about voting someone whose only post since the game has started is a contentless vote.

your original point has no connection to alignment and the meta argument seems like fake justification after the fact.

[b]##vote murmur twin [/b0

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:( ##vote murmur twin

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i have come to expect hotter takes from db, usually he has some really good insights as town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I'm thinking PMom. I think he's trying to jump on a perceived easy lynch.

I also think one of Somber/MMT might be scum, but I'm not sure which is which at the moment.

it's mmt

if no one is gonna read murmur twin i'll vote ernie. if he had stuck around to fight it out i'd be more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I'm refusing to answer TMMs question because I already said the answer plainly. If we're all so upset with how mafia is full of shitposts maybe the solution is to raise the quality of posting starting with how I'm never going to acknowledge a lovely case or a dumb question.

this post bugs me the most. ernie is all "when o catiline do you mean to cease abusing our patience" and it's like dogg you haven't even played mafia in a while.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Of course you're going to say it's MMT.

But the thing is that I kind of agree with her about dongs. Maybe dongs is just limiting his posts because I was really irritated at the amount of shitposting he did in another game and ecco usually gets mad at him if he does too much of it, but at the same time I think he would post a little bit more.

the only possible justification here is a meta read. while that's accurate enough, meta cases are dirty trash left out in the sun. the argument 'dongs is not being dongs' has no actual connection to alignment, it's the same kind of 'different therefore scum' arguments that get town mislynched all the time. especially considering that murmur led with a lurker justification, the whole case is just silly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i disagree.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Man, I just feel like every single vote on Ernie is bad right now. The only possible exception is starting vote by Max.

I think at least one of the votes is from scum.

it feels like you know ernie is town and you're trying to set yourself up with some cred after he flips. mmt's ~meta~ case is sufficient but the ernie case isn't? it seems much better argued to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
aw ecco c'mon

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Okay well since deadline is no longer approaching I'm going to go back to what I was doing.

you suck, surprising no one!

i forgot you were scum this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

if you want to vote someone in the next hour I will not stop you! but if you cannot then there is no longer a punishment.

how are we ever going to learn this way!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay yeah let's do what we were going to do.

##unvote
##vote Ernie

presuming ernie flips town, i think the scub team is some combination of mmt tmm asiina.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

I have poo poo to do and there is no longer a pressing need to pay attention to this.

Blame Ecco for changing the rules.

i do and will always blame ecco but that has nothing to do with you ghostin' and coastin' this game!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

ur a scub

for real though you throw out some surface level reads on ernie without actually committing to anything anddddd that's scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I don't get this whole thing by Ecco. 30 minutes after saying we have 90 minutes until the deadline, she is saying that we aren't moving fast enough and changes the deadline to tomorrow.

welcome to eccogame where the rules are made up and the alignments don't matter

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
because it's obviously a smarter play to not be on a town lynch than on one?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
folks let's give it up for our old friend 'scum because bad,' they'll be here all game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I mean town are on town lynches all the time and we all know that being wrong doesn't mean you're scum, especially in regards to a D1 lynch.

Instead, I'm sticking my neck out to say this feels like a bad lynch. It doesn't make sense as scum because if I'm right and Ernie is town, people are going to say "Well, maybe you're scum and you knew he was town" and if I'm wrong then people will say "Well, clearly you were defending a scum buddy".

yeah you're right, it doesn't make sense.

i mean that in a rude way, just to be clear.

a better question might be why you are fighting so hard for someone who has clearly dipped from the thread. i can see thinking ernie is town, i kind of think that too in my heart of hearts, but what possible reason is there to white knight the only viable lynch candidate with some obviously strange and not-town behavior at the eleventh hour?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also this is just the price of playing in ecco's games. i don't enjoy it but it's not exactly an unknown quality and ecco will be ecco, no amount of arguing will change that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
~lurking is never ever indicative of alignment, although it is always anti-town, and our goal is to eliminate scumms~

there's my song about lurking i hope you like it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i've been tempted to do the exact same thing asiina is doing in eccogames because of how much i loathe the unvoting restriction but also, i didn't.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i don't know, the longer ernie stays lynch-leader the more i feel like we're doing something right?

it's hard to tell with the deadline stuff, but i feel like i would have claimed in his position. for what that's worth anyway.

i can't get a bead on max at all. he's being very prickly!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I feel like this is bullshit because Ernie is only the lynch leader by 1 vote at this point and it seems more like it's mostly because people aren't really engaging with the game.

don't forget asiina's spiritual vote

i mean i considered that but the lead is the lead. i'd much rather dunk mmt if that's an option.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
mmt made a case against chores that was two points

a) lurking
b) meta

a lurker dunk is extremely silly d1. lurking has no connection to alignment and it puts us in an awkward position in terms of information d2.

i'd also say that mmt has hardly been more active, which i don't think fits with her meta either.

i still don't really like tmm's position on ernie, but at least he has made a different case even if i find it entirely uncompelling.

##unvote
##vote murmur twin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
our goal is to lynch scum

lurking has nothing to do with alignment

lynching a lurker is a lazy cop out. i signed up to use my brain to play mafias.

• Locked thread