Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I just uninstalled this because I literally don't care. Tracking story missions randomly disappear and the GPS marker breaks. Lethal combat in gameplay seems super unintended from a story standpoint. Touch a restricted area or bump into a cop and suddenly you're 3* wanted and pulling out a real gun is the only option. Game can't decide if it wants to be "hack the planet" or GTA.

Ah well, this was free with my SSD at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Legitimate criticisms but have you tried not being a bitch?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Nuts and Gum posted:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nuts and Gum posted:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I can't wait for Watch Dogs 3 where you can't fire a gun at all and instead spend your time refilling your battery so that you can call goons to kill people. With their guns. Oh, writing this post emptied my battery, brb.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I'm currently making a Thunderball, by the way. Its probably one of the more interesting weapons I've seen in a game in a while.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The DLC was... pretty good. Kept the dynamic between Dedsec that I liked and Jordi got a few good lines (Lenni can still die in a tire fire for all I care). Gameplay was as solid as it was in November, so I'd consider it a good bit of content.

GoneRampant fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 26, 2017

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Can you give an idea of the length for the DLC?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

J-Spot posted:

Can you give an idea of the length for the DLC?

I didn't keep track, but the three new operations took... maybe three to five hours total? Accounting for me dicking around, hunting a few Research Points and changing my costume a bit here and there. You could easily cut that down if you fast travel everywhere and don't balls up as much as I did.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

I'm currently making a Thunderball, by the way. Its probably one of the more interesting weapons I've seen in a game in a while.

It's pretty much a short meteor hammer right?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The Lone Badger posted:

It's pretty much a short meteor hammer right?

Cue ball, eyehole screw, paracord and a keyring. So, yeah, its a monkey fist made on the cheap.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Is the DLC available for PC yet? How do I start it?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Boosted, bomb dropping, 5 explosive bombs, expanded bomb radius RC Drones make Bounty Hunting unreasonably effective even in pursuit situations instead of just anti-camping situations. It gets to the point where if the target starts to abandons his tattered or destroyed car, if you're in a car looking at the target, you can deploy your drone, boost your drone into his car, coat his immediate vicinity with bombs, and immediately detonate all the bombs at once in less than a second.

As a bonus, the game will even immediately replenish your destroyed drone and bombs after the bombing. You don't even need to fire a shot (saving ammo) or even use hacking powers.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
For anyone interested i'd say the Human conditions DLC is probably worth it. The three new stories are all fairly good, similar tech gone bad themes as from the main game with mostly more of the same type of gameplay as the main game. A few small gameplay twists but nothing major. Each story has 3 main "encounters" I guess, probably take about an hour for each story. The best part though is the new elite co-op missions (can be done solo) which are randomish and endless. They have new objectives, new locations, a new enemy type and unlike the normal missions, take place in multiple locations within each mission. They are very fun and add great replay value because you can do them over and over and get different objectives and locations each time. So definitely worth it to purchase just this DLC if you dont have the rather exorbitant season pass.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

JFC posted:

Is the DLC available for PC yet? How do I start it?

It should start easily enough. Most of the ops are locked behind main quest capstones, meaning you need to have finished about half of the main story (Get to at least where T-Bone joins the crew). But it seems that they activate like main missions do in the main game- someone calls Marcus and tells them "Yo, I got this cool thing for you to look at, get here quick!"

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

GoneRampant posted:

It should start easily enough. Most of the ops are locked behind main quest capstones, meaning you need to have finished about half of the main story (Get to at least where T-Bone joins the crew). But it seems that they activate like main missions do in the main game- someone calls Marcus and tells them "Yo, I got this cool thing for you to look at, get here quick!"

It's not out till march 23 on PC

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Just finished the Avenge Your HackerBro chain of missions and it felt appropriate to stroll through the projects with a U100 and throw grenades everywhere

this Revenge Crater's for you, buddy

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Seems to be plagued by the usual Ubisoft bullshit and the driving isn't very good, but I just spent like five hours recreating scenes from HEAT by sending cops after bankers, gang members after the cops, gang members after the first gang members and then blocking the road off with cement mixers. Controlling cars remotely reminds me a little of Burnout crash mode, only instead of grabbing multipliers with sick stunts for cash, the reward is just explosions. Definitely worth picking up on sale just for that.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The best handling car is the little one seater electric thingie. It goes fast as gently caress, is super small, drives really well, and is basically indestructible.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

crazysim posted:

As a bonus, the game will even immediately replenish your destroyed drone and bombs after the bombing. You don't even need to fire a shot (saving ammo) or even use hacking powers.

Kind of a side note but one thing I could never figure out was how to replenish my stun grenades. They don't seem to be considered regular ammo, so maxing out at a pawn shop didn't do it, but they also didn't seem to refill on their own. I spent like, most of the game not actually having any. Is that a bug?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Brosnan posted:

Kind of a side note but one thing I could never figure out was how to replenish my stun grenades. They don't seem to be considered regular ammo, so maxing out at a pawn shop didn't do it, but they also didn't seem to refill on their own. I spent like, most of the game not actually having any. Is that a bug?

I do have the replenish faster thing unlocked in the research. But it's replenish *faster*.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Brosnan posted:

Sounds like it. They should definitely replenish themselves over time like the lethal mines do.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Absolutely loved the game, goddamn. Puerile as hell but that added to the charm - I really, really liked these characters and how their stories developed. The bromance between Marcus and Wrench. :allears:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Did Ubisoft ever patch in the tailing invasions from the first game? (or was it already there somewhere?)

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is it the one that wears a mask and is all "Yeah dude! Hackin' maaan!" and is it right after the first mission? I just don't have the stomach to listen to that guy.

gently caress you Wrench is Bromance to the max.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I went back and finished up the DLCs the other night, and while the missions are pretty good, but possibly one of the best additions from the packs is the "Snoops" cop van vehicle. Being able to drive around with nethack always on is a gamechanger for hunting down Research points; I could have sworn I'd cleared out Silicon Valley of stuff, but it turns out I had 5 or so left in that area alone, not counting all the cash pickups.

Shame there's no New Game + because I have nothing to do other than invasions, and those suck now because everyone just has the sniper that one-shots cars :(

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Icedude posted:

I went back and finished up the DLCs the other night, and while the missions are pretty good, but possibly one of the best additions from the packs is the "Snoops" cop van vehicle. Being able to drive around with nethack always on is a gamechanger for hunting down Research points; I could have sworn I'd cleared out Silicon Valley of stuff, but it turns out I had 5 or so left in that area alone, not counting all the cash pickups.

Shame there's no New Game + because I have nothing to do other than invasions, and those suck now because everyone just has the sniper that one-shots cars :(

You can replay the missions, that's as good as a new game + isn't it. And the ELITE missions that came with the DLC are fun too, randomised objectives and locations, multi stage missions are great for replay value because they are different every time

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Icedude posted:

I have nothing to do other than invasions, and those suck now because everyone just has the sniper that one-shots cars :(

Is this a new DLC thing? Cause I'm slowly playing through this for the first time and it hasn't come up in any of the invasions I've initiated. Maybe I'm just lucky? :shrug:

So far I'm really digging this, and I'm consistently impressed with how well Ubisoft has implemented the seamless multiplayer. Its pretty cool just coming across another player trying to get critical intel and helping them out by hacking the environment and taking down bad dudes.

The story is pretty alright so far too, I like the lighthearted tone. My only narrative gripe so far is the sudden weird jump from Now most wanted no.1, fugative, "don't worry, I have a plan", NOW WE'RE AT NOT-BURNING MAN AND GIVING UP. Things seem to picking up now that T-bone is back in the mix.

Also, I loved how Marcus and crew were breathlessly in awe of Adrien Pierce. :rolleyes: Keep trying to push that one Ubisoft, I'm sure it'll stick someday.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Was the prime 8 chick saying she wanted Josh's sweet D supposed to creep me out as much as it did, because bravo, it worked.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Snuffman posted:

Is this a new DLC thing? Cause I'm slowly playing through this for the first time and it hasn't come up in any of the invasions I've initiated. Maybe I'm just lucky? :shrug:

So far I'm really digging this, and I'm consistently impressed with how well Ubisoft has implemented the seamless multiplayer. Its pretty cool just coming across another player trying to get critical intel and helping them out by hacking the environment and taking down bad dudes.

The story is pretty alright so far too, I like the lighthearted tone. My only narrative gripe so far is the sudden weird jump from Now most wanted no.1, fugative, "don't worry, I have a plan", NOW WE'RE AT NOT-BURNING MAN AND GIVING UP. Things seem to picking up now that T-bone is back in the mix.

Also, I loved how Marcus and crew were breathlessly in awe of Adrien Pierce. :rolleyes: Keep trying to push that one Ubisoft, I'm sure it'll stick someday.

I mean, if you take into account what he did in the first game and focus less on the MAss murder, didn't he pretty much give Dead Sec the hacker equivalent of the "Keys to the Kingdom"?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Carebearz posted:

I mean, if you take into account what he did in the first game and focus less on the MAss murder, didn't he pretty much give Dead Sec the hacker equivalent of the "Keys to the Kingdom"?

I thought he refused to let DedSec into CTOS at the very end of the game. They come on the TV and ask and he goes "Nah gently caress you, I'm the only one who can handle it."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

I thought he refused to let DedSec into CTOS at the very end of the game. They come on the TV and ask and he goes "Nah gently caress you, I'm the only one who can handle it."

I thought Dedsec had access to CTOS because of the mission Marcus does at the very start of WD2, infiltrating the main datacenter and planting some hardware. Which confused me later when the villain pulled his big switcheroo and said he had been onto us the whole time but afterward we could still hack.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

haveblue posted:

I thought Dedsec had access to CTOS because of the mission Marcus does at the very start of WD2, infiltrating the main datacenter and planting some hardware. Which confused me later when the villain pulled his big switcheroo and said he had been onto us the whole time but afterward we could still hack.

Right, which is why it's dumb that they idolize Aiden, he definitely didn't give them the "Keys to the Kingdom" he's just some rear end in a top hat, in fact, he actively hindered DedSec in WD1 a bunch, didn't he?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sitara is unbearable. The mission where she sics Marcus on her niece because "HER poo poo'S NOT SECURRRRRRE" was so uncomfortable and weird. Yeah, let's make your niece have a meltdown on camera, that will show her not to...use...the internet?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The idea that a hacker group needs a marketing/graphic design person is some sort of weird cultural blindspot where the execs in charge of this thing literally can't conceive of a group succeeding without marketing.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
No it's actually pretty consistent with the setting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brosnan posted:

No it's actually pretty consistent with the setting.

It's not even that much of a stretch from stuff like the Heartbleed bug which was disclosed with a catchy name, a designer logo, and a dedicated site all ready to go. (A professional security company did that, but still.)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Having a PR person seemed like the most believable part of DedSec, really.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Sitara is unbearable. The mission where she sics Marcus on her niece because "HER poo poo'S NOT SECURRRRRRE" was so uncomfortable and weird. Yeah, let's make your niece have a meltdown on camera, that will show her not to...use...the internet?

it wasn't to show her not to use the internet it was to teach her to respect her privacy and not live stream herself to internet stalkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nuts and Gum posted:

lol. i stopped caring after a while, i stunned cops/civvies for the most part. but i just gunned through the PMC security clowns and gang members. i kinda view marcus like nathan drake, devil may care rogue with a heart of gold, who switches between lol pranks and killing 20 dudes.

WampaLord posted:

Right, which is why it's dumb that they idolize Aiden, he definitely didn't give them the "Keys to the Kingdom" he's just some rear end in a top hat, in fact, he actively hindered DedSec in WD1 a bunch, didn't he?

maybe. the ending of watch dogs 1 was blur after detonating quinns pace maker which felt like a good place to end the game, the rest is just a dumb stupid slog that doesnt fit anything.

• Locked thread