Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What every screenshot from this game showing the protagonist looks like to me:

I thought that the first one was just bland but if this one is interesting then I'll give it a go if I have some money left after all the other concurrent releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Qmass posted:

failing to mention black flag invalidates your comment, ya scurvy dog.
Yeah, more so that you could pet animals in it as well. The first AC game that didn't let you pet animals was Unity and that's an understandable change in order to realistically simulate that the French hate everything.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

acksplode posted:

The aftertaste from WD1 is definitely not helping. Everyone I've talked to about WD2 voices immediate disgust because they either hated WD1 or saw all the backlash it got and tuned out.

So glad they fixed invasions though. Gonna have fun with that tonight.
Expectations vs actual enjoyment of the game influencing game sales is something Ubisoft knows almost too much about. Assassin's Creed 3 sold like hotcakes based on hype but everybody hated playing it so when Black Flag released it sold a lot worse as people remembered the AC3 disappointed but it turned out that everybody loved BF because it owned. Then Unity sold a lot again because of the goodwill gained by BF and that game sucked and so on. I'd say that Watch_Dogs 2 was bound for sales disappointment because of how bad the original was even if it sold a lot of copies. The problem with Ubisoft is that they're not able to develop 2 good games one after another in a series to save their life so they're stuck in this lovely cycle.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 23, 2016

• Locked thread