Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So did they at least A: Make the Protagonist more likable and B: Make the game feel more like you're a hacker and not some stalker with a super phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well from what I've seen, it's very up its rear end about hactivisim, but is leagues better than Aiden's predictable, boring and pointless self-ruin. Also I like the color and how Marcus doesn't really FEEL too powerful even if you can beat this game like it ain't no thang. But you can still do all the rear end in a top hat things Aiden did along with doing what was done to Marcus, so he's still an rear end in a top hat with too much power in a game that lets you be an internet rear end in a top hat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

It looks like they took out the invasion tailing mode, which is annoying. Not that invasions are even working at this point.

Invasions in general seem to have an off switch so there are going to be people that opt out that you possibly won't ever be able to invade. A nice compromise between people who want that function in and people like me who just want to play a single player game. Although I guess that'd opt me out of co-op shenanigans.

Mung Dynasty posted:

So is the tone of this game basically the modern-day spiritual successor to the 1995 movie Hackers?

If so, sign me the gently caress up.

Jim said there was a lot of references to hacker movies of old including someone singing Los Locos. This game at least takes some levity in the fact that they're making a really dumb hacker cyberpunk without possibility becoming too self-mocking. You take selfies with Marcus posing with his stupid techno-colored tazer gun. This is leaps and bounds more thoughtful than Aiden Pierce being a mad whitey brooding about vengeance and doing the right thing as he causes blackouts that kill people in hospitals and runs over pedestrians waiting for the next "future crime" to beat with his stick.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 15, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Goddamn it Marcus, Aiden is not cool. Bad game. Don't try to justify the first one by saying he stopped a sex ring like it made any loving sense for it to be there at all. Also, yeah, gunplay is kind of poo poo in this game. But the sad thing is that stealth is kind of clunky even with the drones and stun guns to where you will likely go soft violent just to bust through gang territories or steal research points you otherwise can't get with the 2 wheeler or driving around a Ulift to just jump on the roof and hack something.

I swear, all the puzzles in this game seem to be too dumb to be done the way they want you to and are far easier to just smash open or find a way to work around them to get the thing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Watch_Dogs 2: I got 6000 followers for crossing the street

Watch_Dogs 2: Computer Terms Applied Randomly

Watch_Dogs 2: Somehow we found something dumber than the baton

I don't know why our Dedsec "leader" bitches at me from time to time for taking selfies. I thought you wanted me to generate followers, dude? Because internet subscribers equals hacker power.

Also Ubisoft will miss a golden oppertunity if we don't have a hack the president mission in the season pass. We're supposed to be internet trolls of justice, at least make one of these jabs at pop culture timeless instead of already incredibly dated missions on the side. I'm already jobing the loving NSA.

• Locked thread