Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just went to Costco. Got cheaper gas and a hotdog and 20oz soda. Ended up spending $100 though. Walked by some 12 year Glenlivet and had to throw it in the cart.

No cart crashing issues. Old people are too slow. They can't drift their carts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mrit SA posted:

They have super cheap avocado oil which is like olive oil in most ways except better. Buy it, you'll never go back to olive oil.

:yeah:

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

:10bux: combo pizza is enough to feed someone for days. Probably not the healthiest idea no matter how tasty it is.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Costco is cool but their fresh produce sucks. Any sort of bag/box of fresh fruit you need to eat in a day or two (good luck) before half of them go bad. Even their onions, which should normally last super long, start going bad after a week and you have to start throwing away half of each one because the outer layers are beginning to go bad.
Their frozen veggies are great though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lhet posted:

Costco is cool but their fresh produce sucks. Any sort of bag/box of fresh fruit you need to eat in a day or two (good luck) before half of them go bad. Even their onions, which should normally last super long, start going bad after a week and you have to start throwing away half of each one because the outer layers are beginning to go bad.

Yeah I don't really buy produce there too often. Exception are things like giant bag of garlic which usually lasts over a month in my cupboard, potatoes if I'm cooking a bunch within 2 weeks, and giant bag of spinach/romaine lettuce <1 week. Even if I have to throw away half of it (and I usually do since it's just feeding 2 people), its still a lot cheaper than buying at grocery store or even produce markets.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

But enough about your mom.

Come on guys, that was a good one.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like buying that huge bag of lemons, it means lemonade for like 2 weeks at least.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

bleep.bloop posted:

I hate those things. Please remove the last item from the bagging area. Please pot the last item in the bagging area. Please remove the last item from the bagging area. Attendant has been notified to assist you.

It's even worse where they have 10 cent charges for bags. You have to punch buttons to indicate you are not buying any bags no less than three loving times.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lhet posted:

I eat this like ereyday.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ Hell yeah

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

bag of frozen berries hell yeah

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

A slice of pizza from their deli has 760 calories Jesus Christ

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

idk how people gently caress up with the self checkout so bad

the first few times okay you're figuring it out but cmon son

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they should airdrop some costco pizza and chicken bakes into aleppo imho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That's.. somehow impressive. Costco is p deceptive with nutrition information since a lot of their stuff doesn't . I used to love their poppyseed/blueberry muffins but they're also over 700 calories and it's really easy to end up eating 2 which is basically 70% of your calories. Croissants are really good and not too bad at ~350 with a cup of coffee in the morning.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

My Costco got rid of the self checkouts. I think people were just borrowing their friends membership cards then doing self checkout since nobody ever looked at the card. I mean, that's what I was doing. Had to get a membership once they got rid of them.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Not going to Costco because gently caress entering the suburbs. Also why would I need to buy food I'm bulk unless I'm morbidly obese

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

Not going to Costco because gently caress entering the suburbs. Also why would I need to buy food I'm bulk unless I'm morbidly obese

:sad:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Tiny Lowtax posted:

My Costco got rid of the self checkouts. I think people were just borrowing their friends membership cards then doing self checkout since nobody ever looked at the card. I mean, that's what I was doing. Had to get a membership once they got rid of them.

what the hell, I can't believe a costco ever had self checkouts to begin with. how else would they check the card was yours or try to sell you stamps? that's just insanity

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtsbOpRnZ3w

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

yeah that's a great deal on a dollar per calorie basis

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I bought an air conditioner from Costco like 3 years ago, last summer it broke cause I dropped it putting it in the window. I took it back to Costco hoping they could repair it or something since I had long since lost the owners manual. they refused to repair it and instead offered me a full refund for a broken 3 year old air conditioner, their return policy is loving crazy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah ive returned a bunch of poo poo and they dont even need a recepit or give a single gently caress also they are super nice

ALSO after you return whatever you had you can get a hot dog/polish AND a soda for $1.50!!!!!!!!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

I saw this girl at Wal-Mart tonight, wearing her Wal-Mart uniform and checking out her own stuff at the self checkout.

Four times in a row she selected debit, inserted her chip card and pulled it out before it said to do so, so the machine kept going back to the "please select your payment type" prompt and she hit the omg emergency call attendant for help button.

You know the gently caress, HELP command on the machine but think it will eat your card so you yank it out immediately.

You execute the gently caress, HELP command and wait for the guy at the hub to come fix it for you instead of just going and asking the guy in the same uniform as you.

LMDAO

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Gotta get some of those Kirkland jeans with the thick denim.

naem
May 29, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

Gotta get some of those Kirkland jeans with the thick denim.

They have Levi's 514 for $20 bucks on sale regularly

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Anyone else kind of get eyerolly with costco's more recent focus on high end organic stuff? They're known for buying stuff in bulk for cheap but honestly it's pretty easy to find better deals at winco on food. I still think costco is a cool place that treats their employees right but if I wanna buy frozen bags of veggies i don't need them to be artisanal organic blends. Nowadays I feel like I only hit costco for stuff like tp, paper towels, and random large packs of drinks on sale that month.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

naem posted:

They have Levi's 514 for $20 bucks on sale regularly

I shop at Sam's Club and Win-Co Foods.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
self checkout is a good idea but I wish they had a way to scan your driver's license or something

I buy alcohol every time I go to the store and I always need an associate to approve it for me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ScrubLeague posted:

I shop at Sam's Club and Win-Co Foods.

Kind of an odd combination cause winco is a good company and sam's club is owned by walmart.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Anyone else kind of get eyerolly with costco's more recent focus on high end organic stuff? They're known for buying stuff in bulk for cheap but honestly it's pretty easy to find better deals at winco on food. I still think costco is a cool place that treats their employees right but if I wanna buy frozen bags of veggies i don't need them to be artisanal organic blends. Nowadays I feel like I only hit costco for stuff like tp, paper towels, and random large packs of drinks on sale that month.

Ya I'm deffo with you on frowning at costco for uh fancy price rudeness. I'm eyerolly, hope your kirkland dockers don't get in "a bunch".

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My Costco is doing the "Seafood Roadshow" this weekend, including bringing back poke for the first time in several months. I know I'm gonna get some, but I might also pick up some langostino meat for pasta, or a nice slab of ahi tuna to do something with avocado and mango.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

I don't have any problem with them but it seems like at every store around me that has them, the "please put the item in the bagging area" happens like a half-second after I scan something. I mean, JFC, give me at least a full second, you laser-eyed bitch.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
WinCo is pretty awesome

You can get a big block of nice Pepper Jack cheese for like $2.00

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I bought a sweater from Costco for like $20 bucks and threw it in the washer, not realizing it was that good-rear end spun wool type sweater, because where the gently caress do you get a high quality wool sweater for $20 bucks?

Motherfucking Costco, that's where

So now I have a tiny sweater and I ain't even mad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ElGroucho posted:

I bought a sweater from Costco for like $20 bucks and threw it in the washer, not realizing it was that good-rear end spun wool type sweater, because where the gently caress do you get a high quality wool sweater for $20 bucks?

So now I have a tiny sweater and I ain't even mad
You can also just return it for your $20 back even 10 years later :eng101:

(though the merchandise return always has a loving long rear end line with 20+ minute wait but oh well)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

my nearest costco is like half an hour away

is it still worth it if i probably wont go there super often

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

my nearest costco is like half an hour away

is it still worth it if i probably wont go there super often
are you single? if so, probably not. Gas is cheaper but probably a wash with a 30 minute drive at best.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I will be going to Costco Friday after work.
I plan to buy the following:
Kirkland Signature Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Dryer Sheets
Toilet bowl cleaner
Socks
Frozen veggies
Steaks
Kirkland Signature Chipotle Wings
Smoked Salmon
Hot Dog
Top off on gas
?????