Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's also suuuuuper calorie dense so be careful with it. I go a bit against the thread grain here and don't like it that much. However, once I start eating it, I feel compelled to eat more and more and I can't stop.

It's dangerous stuff. Beware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The cans of Kirkland cold brew appear to have disappeared over the last month or so, making mornings hard, I’ve been getting the 12 packs of Colombo coffee which is a good local product but doesnt quite have the buzz.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Looking at the Winix air purifier for $130. Seems like a great deal, is it worth it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My Bitchin Sauce actually lasted a pretty drat long time before succumbing to mold. I second the calorie density warning, but I was limited by how many veggies I had for dunking so it was never too bad. All that said, it was yummy but one tub was enough.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Will it be good on tendies

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I might give that a shot. The blurb makes it sound interesting.

I think my issue with American gins is how junipery they are.

Try Aviation sometime if you haven’t (it’s extremely good despite the recent celebrity endorsement)

I guess it is a bit juniper forward but it’s extremely mild/smooth (enough that it can easily be consumed neat)

I’d agree rando American gin can often be a bit rough but it’s frequently because it’s one of the first offerings new craft distilleries put to market while they wait for their bourbon (or whatever) to age, but there are definitely good offerings for it there

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 10, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

Looking at the Winix air purifier for $130. Seems like a great deal, is it worth it?

It was just on sale for $99 last month. I picked up 2 of them and they seem to react to things like incense and stuff so I think they're pretty good. A few people have them in here. They're probably still good at $130.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ayndin posted:

Dear Costco Thread,

I can't believe it finally happened to me.

This is the first time I've seen Bitchin' Sauce in my area, I've been going to Costcos for like eight years now? Was actually at the one near my parents instead of my usual as I had some other errands in the area, we'll see if the one near me has it when I next go there.

Tried some once I got home, it's pretty good!

use it on sandwiches/bagels and thank me later

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i feel like if a comedian endorses your gin its a high quality gin

those peeps drink

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What is the cordless vacuum cleaner that this thread loves?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's also suuuuuper calorie dense so be careful with it. I go a bit against the thread grain here and don't like it that much. However, once I start eating it, I feel compelled to eat more and more and I can't stop.

It's dangerous stuff. Beware.

I agree, I got the chipotle stuff too and it wasn't that great. Maybe if you're a dip person it's good, but I'm not. I don't dip chips or stuff regularly. I had it with plain grilled chicken and rice, and ... I'd rather eat something else.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It was just on sale for $99 last month. I picked up 2 of them and they seem to react to things like incense and stuff so I think they're pretty good. A few people have them in here. They're probably still good at $130.

Weirdly the $99 one was online only and not in stock at my local 'Co. The $130 was in stock in the warehouse but doesn't have WiFi or the extra filters which seems a bit back asswards pricing wise.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jisforjosh posted:

Weirdly the $99 one was online only and not in stock at my local 'Co. The $130 was in stock in the warehouse but doesn't have WiFi or the extra filters which seems a bit back asswards pricing wise.

Yeah the extra filters were a big selling point. They last you like a year or something. I don't use the wifi poo poo because I have 2 of them and I'm too lazy to set up both of them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yeah you can buy those air purifiers from Amazon or Winx directly for roughly the same price but the point of buying from Costco is that they comes with 2 years worth of filters instead of one.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Can someone explain why my air filter needs wifi? I don't think my air filter needs to text me it's status. I can see it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Without a radio how can it filter the airwaves?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

So they can steal your data and sell you poo poo you don't need. Any internet required appliance belongs in the trash can

Stop putting your kids in the cart it's loving annoying

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Was at a Safeway and looked at the price for the boba milk tea bars. $7.49 for 4 if it's not on sale. Fuckin' whack. The ones at Costco are $13.49 for 16.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Without a radio how can it filter the airwaves?

The "Air Loom"

Matthews believed that a gang of criminals and spies skilled in pneumatic chemistry had taken up residence at London Wall in Moorfields (close to Bethlem) and were tormenting him by means of rays emitted by a machine called the "Air Loom" or gaseous charge generator. The torments induced by the rays included "Lobster-cracking", during which the circulation of the blood was prevented by a magnetic field; "Stomach-skinning" and "Apoplexy-working with the nutmeg grater" which involved the introduction of fluids into the skull. His persecutors bore such names as "the Middleman" (who operated the Air Loom), "the Glove Woman" and "Sir Archy" (who acted as "repeaters" or "active worriers" to enhance Matthews' torment or record the machine's activities) and their leader, a man called "Bill, or the King".

Matthews' delusions had a definite political slant: he claimed that the purpose of this gang was espionage, and that there were many other such gangs armed with Air Looms all over London, using "pneumatic practitioners" to "premagnetize" potential victims with "volatile magnetic fluid". According to Matthews, their chief targets (apart from himself) were leading government figures. By means of their "rays" they could influence ministers' thoughts and read their minds. Matthews declared that William Pitt was "not half" susceptible to these attacks[3] and held that these gangs were responsible for the British military disasters at Buenos Aires in 1807 and Walcheren in 1809 and also for the Nore Mutiny of 1797.

In 1814 Matthews was moved to "Fox's London House", a private asylum in Hackney, where he became a popular and trusted patient. His delusions appeared to have stopped. The asylum's owner, Dr. Fox, regarded him as sane. Matthews assisted with bookkeeping and gardening until his death on 10 January 1815

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Tilly_Matthews#The_%22Air_Loom%22

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The foodcourt fruit smoothie is a sleeper item on the menu IMO.

Anyone else love these things?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chinatown posted:

I do but I enjoy the mocha more so I never get the smoothie.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fartington Butts posted:

Was at a Safeway and looked at the price for the boba milk tea bars. $7.49 for 4 if it's not on sale. Fuckin' whack. The ones at Costco are $13.49 for 16.

I mean, Safeway is a rip off unless you shop the ads anyhow.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

There was an icecream place in the weird mall-lite adjoining the Macys which was right next to the Superdome in New Orleans that made a mint chocolate chip milkshake so good i used to walk for hours for when i was a kid

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

redreader posted:

I agree, I got the chipotle stuff too and it wasn't that great. Maybe if you're a dip person it's good, but I'm not. I don't dip chips or stuff regularly. I had it with plain grilled chicken and rice, and ... I'd rather eat something else.

Shark Rocket Duo clean. I just bought one and am finding it worth the money.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Chinatown posted:

Yeah, I love them too. They have a real fragile temp range when they're perfect though, once they start to melt it just becomes this sickly sweet juice. You can throw it in the freezer to try to recover a little but if they actually start freezing they'll get all these ice crystals and lose the smoothie texture. Gotta gulp 'em.

The vat of berry compote they use to make them is like my forbidden onion dispenser.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Chinatown posted:

when i was a kid, the berry smoothies were my favorite part of costco :unsmith:

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I've got like five pounds of baby carrots and some chips so plenty of stuff to use up the bitchin' sauce with. Had a reasonable amount today, while it was good I don't feel compelled to eat half the tub in a sitting so that's good I guess!

I also found thin mints dark chocolate covered almonds which are pretty decent.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

Gotta gulp 'em.

i only get em when its warm and yeah i basically dont put it down until its finished

durrneez posted:

when i was a kid, the berry smoothies were my favorite part of costco :unsmith:

twas peperony and chease for me =]

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
How are the frozen meatballs

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm kinda glad I didn't get tempted before, because it's in the coming ad. But any other ladies, y'all tried/have that Revlon Volumizer & Hair Dryer? I got my hair curled a little bit when I finally got my hair trimmed and cleaned up a bit the first time in over a year... and gently caress it was cute. So any experiences with it?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm kinda glad I didn't get tempted before, because it's in the coming ad. But any other ladies, y'all tried/have that Revlon Volumizer & Hair Dryer? I got my hair curled a little bit when I finally got my hair trimmed and cleaned up a bit the first time in over a year... and gently caress it was cute. So any experiences with it?
I have fine-as-a-baby's hair and it made me all fluffy and adorable. The one I bought on amazon burned out after a few months, but it got shipped rough so I don't think they're normally that fragile. I'm going to get a new one if I see 'em.

No seriously it made me poofy. Dolly Parton poofy. It was fabulous.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I have fine hair too and it provides a nice amount of volume. The bristles are quite stiff but I find it easy to use.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

We have the Dyson Vsomething and have for a year, the kids fight over who gets to vacuum the kitchen when dinner is over. It’s good to tackle quick messes or just give areas a once over.

Got it on sale off the web site. Between friends we all have V8-V10 models and they’ve all seemed pretty good. Would recommend.

Comrade_Robot
Mar 18, 2009

Hed posted:

We have the Dyson Vsomething and have for a year, the kids fight over who gets to vacuum the kitchen when dinner is over. It’s good to tackle quick messes or just give areas a once over.

Got it on sale off the web site. Between friends we all have V8-V10 models and they’ve all seemed pretty good. Would recommend.

We have the Hoover Linx https://www.costco.com/hoover-linx-cordless-stick-vacuum.product.100601429.html and it's been pretty great. It's the 'budget' Wirecutter recommendation; they recommend the Dyson if you have the money.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

infraboy posted:

The cans of Kirkland cold brew appear to have disappeared over the last month or so, making mornings hard, I’ve been getting the 12 packs of Colombo coffee which is a good local product but doesnt quite have the buzz.

They disappear frequently at my Costco. Recently, they were moved from the coffee aisle to the canned/bottled beverages isle. My SO loves them for their cold brew concoction along with the Cafe D'avita that appears once in a blue moon.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fizzymercury posted:

I have fine-as-a-baby's hair and it made me all fluffy and adorable. The one I bought on amazon burned out after a few months, but it got shipped rough so I don't think they're normally that fragile. I'm going to get a new one if I see 'em.

No seriously it made me poofy. Dolly Parton poofy. It was fabulous.

I too have exceedingly fine hair. It naturally curls a little at the tips though. So this is heartening to hear. Thanks comrades (both you and Gravitee). :3:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
After around 2 years of Costco being a 1x monthly trip, my wife and I made the decision to start doing the majority of our food shopping there. I am not sure how people raise two young kids while both working full time jobs and not utilize Costco.

Also their pre made meals are awesome. A giant tray of Mac cheese for like 10 bucks is amazing. Also ground beef was super cheap and now we have 10 lbs of it

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

SchnorkIes posted:

How are the frozen meatballs

they are a passable quick meal and are one of only a handful of things that my three huge sons will eat. I buy 1-2 bags a month.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are those the Italian style frozen meatballs?

I remember going over to my dad's house for the first time after he separated from my mom, and that was the only food item in his fridge lol

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are those the Italian style frozen meatballs?

I remember going over to my dad's house for the first time after he separated from my mom, and that was the only food item in his fridge lol

Yeah I used to think the Trader Joe's frozen section was going to be where I end up once my life collapses but really it's going to be costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I throw them frozen italian meatballs in the air fryer for about 7-8 minutes at 400 °F, they come out crispy but juicy. Nice to throw on some pasta or in with cauliflower rice.