Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

infraboy posted:

This Aidells sausage talk has me craving their classic chicken apple sausages, great for breakfast.

I recently discovered they are perfect with scrumbled eggs. Great great sausages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

redreader posted:

+1 for the aidell's chicken teriyaki meatballs. They're really good!

Where are the other meatballs someone mentioned earlier? I want to try them out. I order from instacart which may not have all of the stuff handy. Soon I'll start going again, my 2nd vaxx is in an hour and a half.
they're a common staple in the frozen section

as mentioned, it's loving huge. iirc they're actually the exact same as the manufacturer that Trader Joes sells as "fully cooked italian meatballs" (or virtually indistinguishable if they aren't) so if you want a smaller 1lb bag for like $3 you could try those.

they're fine, pretty good even for what they are, but also i'd prefer not to eat that much meatball and it's hard to go through before they start getting freezer burned. i prefert to eat some manmeat balls instead.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

I saw bitchin sauce for the first time in NY

I didn't buy it, I don't need more calorie dense dippers in this house, but I thought it was neat that it's finally made it's way out here.

You fool.

You foolish fool!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

poisonpill posted:

I was looking at the boxer briefs and the Buffalos were on sale, three for :10bux: and they're pretty good. I'm still weeping for the lost ex officios, tho.

Every time I've gone for the last few months I go and check for the exos or 32d's and they've had neither. Plenty of 32d undershirts but no boxer briefs.

Also today they didn't even have flats of kirkland sparkling water. But they did have a hot dog + soda with free refill so that helped a bit I guess.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Xaris posted:

it's hard to go through before they start getting freezer burned.

Get that chest freezer and store em in there, there's no defrost cycle so stuff doesn't get freezer burned. Everything lasts much longer.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

what do you dip in bitchin Sauce

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

yes

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco to get my snow tires taken off

Came home with a Nintendo switch

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Four pounds of carrots to convince yourself it’s health food.

Monthly circular has Birkenstock knockoffs by Skecher for like 15 bucks. Grabbing them for wife and kid. For that price I don’t care if they blow out before July. My $19 Khombu mandals (a Costco special) have outlasted my more expensive and much loved summer shoes to the point where they’re my favorites by default.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

I spooned some on some yakisoba today actually

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

:hai:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Geodude posted:

Speaking of meatballs - the Aidells chicken teriyaki meatballs are great for a "need a protein over rice" dinner. Also great for slow cooker potluck.

Tbh I found the teriyaki flavor kind of unpleasant on these, and ended up throwing about half of them out because I couldn't make myself eat more.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Geodude posted:

Speaking of meatballs - the Aidells chicken teriyaki meatballs are great for a "need a protein over rice" dinner. Also great for slow cooker potluck.

I've been repeatedly let down by every chicken meatball/sausage variety I've bought. Even freezer-burned, cooked to dryness generic meatballs are going to taste better.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like them.

I throw them in a wok with Normandy blend and serve over rice for a real fast and easy dinner.

I usually cook them separate from the veggies and add some random stir fry sauce, then toss to combine at the last second.

Meatballs in a stir fry? Yeah I know it's a little weird but I don't care I'm a busy man.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
There are no wrong answers for stir fry. My dad has been experimenting a lot with this in his retirement. He did a Thanksgiving stir fry and has just expanded from there. Corn bread stir fry, breakfast sausage stir fry, basically whatever. He makes some awesome pseudo Chinese and Thai stuff too but got bored with his old recipes and habits while still enjoying the cooking method so he branched out. You do you.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Real talk it’s amazing on sandwiches

I’m fond of it because it’s from my hometown :)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

We bought the meatballs for easy after workout meat/protein/veg that wasn't the delicious tempura chicken. will report back tonight.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Bitchin’ Sauce has finally landed in the Philly suburbs, PBUC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are they selling the tower fans yet?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to Costco to get my snow tires taken off

Came home with a Nintendo switch

Did you dip it or the tires in the sauce?

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

I'm not a big fan using it as a dip, but it's pretty good as a marinade

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

If you want to regain a bunch of weight during a pandemic, I hear bitchin sauce and tortilla chips make a solid combo.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Stop using “veg” as an abbreviation please vegetables deserve our respect and part of that respect is typing out the full word.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Stop using “veg” as an abbreviation please vegetables deserve our respect and part of that respect is typing out the full word.

Veggies

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tables

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
V's

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I grabbed the chicken balls last night. Going to see if they're better crisped up in the air fryer.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Are they selling the tower fans yet?

We just set up a fan block yesterday at my store. So if it isn't yet it should be soon

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

I've been repeatedly let down by every chicken meatball/sausage variety I've bought. Even freezer-burned, cooked to dryness generic meatballs are going to taste better.

My expectations weren't too awful high for the Ikea ones, but they were absolutely horrendous. I think I had two servings and threw the rest out because they were inedible. It's a shame, because a lot of their food items are not bad at all.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Oh man, the tower fans kick rear end, I got one last year for something ridiculously cheap, like $20 or something cray like that and it is the best fan I've ever bought

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Chicken chat - but we also tried these Amylu chicken breakfast links as a "maybe it's kinda healthier?" breakfast alternative.

They weren't bad, but they're a bit weird tasting and sit hot and heavy on our stomachs. It comes with a TON of sausage links too, so we have a freezer of them now that I'll try to pawn off on family.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

We just set up a fan block yesterday at my store. So if it isn't yet it should be soon

Thanks!!

Nooner posted:

Oh man, the tower fans kick rear end, I got one last year for something ridiculously cheap, like $20 or something cray like that and it is the best fan I've ever bought

I agree! The one I have now was a gift about 5 years ago but it’s kinda noisy now so I’d like to replace it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I used it for:
  • Dipping sauce for veggies, bread, sandwiches.
  • Over-top sauce for veggies, rice.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Costco cheese pizza might be better than the pepperoni pizza

It's truly a layer of cheese to be reckoned with, I'm usually able to down a whole large pizza with ease but Costco's is just too much man for me to take

Also Aidell's meatballs kinda suck rear end. I've found way too many bits of bone in them for me to consider buying them again. The sausages are whatever.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I mix bitchin' sauce with rice and put it in a huge veggie wrap with kale, shredded carrots, onions, and raw zuchinni. Then I dip that into more bitchin' sauce and pretend I'm healthy. Because fiber.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

fizzymercury posted:

I mix bitchin' sauce with rice and put it in a huge veggie wrap with kale, shredded carrots, onions, and raw zuchinni.

Welp, 'sauce is back on the shopping list.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

bird with big dick posted:

Not empty quoting

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Geodude posted:

Chicken chat - but we also tried these Amylu chicken breakfast links as a "maybe it's kinda healthier?" breakfast alternative.

They weren't bad, but they're a bit weird tasting and sit hot and heavy on our stomachs. It comes with a TON of sausage links too, so we have a freezer of them now that I'll try to pawn off on family.

i wasn't a fan of these. the casings were really thick and chewy.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Went to Costco this past Sunday, was feeling like I needed to recharge my spiritual batteries.

Everyone had a baby in their cart it seemed. It was like everyone had had pandenfants and was bringing them out to show how to get food and paper products, just like birds do in the wild.

We ended up going home with this big tub of poo poo:

Baby foot for scale. Ignore all the smudges my camera lense is cracked to hell.

He is really squishy and soft and our son loves him and it was $20.

After we checked out my husband got a hotdog and I got a mocha freeze thing. I like their mocha because it tastes artificial in the perfect way.

Left feeling refreshed and like our membership was still worth it. Cost bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My wife loves those fuckin squishmallows and gets them ostensibly for the kids but that’s a goddamn lie

The big ones are ridiculously huge. I do not mention to her when I see them at costco anymore, we have too drat many!