Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legato
Jul 7, 2004

Un cave troll espectacular!

BeastOfExmoor posted:

IIRC, Costcos in Texas get around this by having the liquor be in a separate part of the building you enter from a different door. It might not even require a membership?

Washington used to only allow liquor to be sold in special government owned liquor stores, but there was a ballot measure about ten years ago, funded in large part by Costco, to get rid of those rules.

Yep, though as a nasty side effect of them being entirely separate they don’t stock Kirkland-branded anything. It’s pointless to shop there unless you absolutely must for convenience’s sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Legato posted:

Yep, though as a nasty side effect of them being entirely separate they don’t stock Kirkland-branded anything. It’s pointless to shop there unless you absolutely must for convenience’s sake.

That may be a locality thing - the one I used to go to in Florida had Kirkland liquors, and it was the same adjacent building setup.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Alucard posted:

That may be a locality thing - the one I used to go to in Florida had Kirkland liquors, and it was the same adjacent building setup.

Its not allowed by law in Texas. I have no idea about Florida laws but the Texas ones arent allowed to sell liquor since they are a publicly traded company.

https://fortworth.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/07-02-21-walmart-sues-texas-liquor-sale/

schreibs fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 16, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone ever try that Stryve brand biltong thats in the upcoming coupon book?

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 17, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I tried biltong once, seemed like the kind of thing that's eaten when you can't invent beef jerky

Not that biltong tho

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
dildong

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Very happy with trying these. Easy as hell if you want some rice with whatever else youre shoveling into your mouth. :hai:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Very happy with trying these. Easy as hell if you want some rice with whatever else youre shoveling into your mouth. :hai:

These things are fantastic

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have not had other biltongs to compare this to, but this stuff is not great. Decent texture but the flavor is not really there. It just tastes like unseasoned dried beef. Has a funky aftertaste like it was just left outside to dry.

The Barbacoa carne asada jerky is next level though. It is incredible and delicious. The only complaint is that the salt is turned up to 11. I can feel my mouth turning into jerky as I eat it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Chinatown posted:

That rice with panko chicken strips diced and covered in sweet chili sauce :discourse:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Chinatown posted:

What is the bowl itself like? I'm looking to buy cooked rice as a starter to inoculate with mushrooms and Koji and it'd need to be injectable

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Soul Dentist posted:

What is the bowl itself like? I'm looking to buy cooked rice as a starter to inoculate with mushrooms and Koji and it'd need to be injectable

decently sturdy shallow plastic bowls.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Not recently, but I buy biltong on amazon sometimes. Looks like I only bought Stryve one time in 2020, but it was definitely real biltong which is always better than jerky. Solid b tier biltong unless they've changed since then.

edit: jesus it's expensive. I think I might have ordered it once only, because of the price. Also I got a different product, 12 oz in a bag.

redreader fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 17, 2022

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im like all for 99% of lazy rear end poo poo, but goddamn, singlebowl microwave rice? thats too much man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

im like all for 99% of lazy rear end poo poo, but goddamn, singlebowl microwave rice? thats too much man

it owns actually

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just get one of those $400 Japanese rice cookers that keeps your rice at the perfect eating temperature for a week at a time.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

bird with big dick posted:

Just get one of those $400 Japanese rice cookers that keeps your rice at the perfect eating temperature for a week at a time.

Unironically this.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Alucard posted:

NY has the same law as Texas and our Kirkland liquor is only available on Long Island :hurr:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

FCKGW posted:

Meanwhile in San Diego there's a liquor store you actually drive through.

Like, through the middle of it

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/alta-dena-drive-in-dairy-san-diego

Balboa?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

redreader posted:

Not recently, but I buy biltong on amazon sometimes. Looks like I only bought Stryve one time in 2020, but it was definitely real biltong which is always better than jerky. Solid b tier biltong unless they've changed since then.

edit: jesus it's expensive. I think I might have ordered it once only, because of the price. Also I got a different product, 12 oz in a bag.

I know it's not Costco talk but SA Mart has some kick-rear end jerky. You can even buy it in bulk so you can pretend you're getting it from Costco.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Make your own rice you lazy bums!!!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nooner posted:

Yeah I'm with you, idgi either :shrug:

Wonder how many single bowls you get for the price Costco's 25lb bag

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I physically go to an office and cook it in the microwave too :twisted:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I have rice like once every two weeks I’m not gonna go cook up a bunch of rice and trash the leftovers after it rots in my fridge.

Little rice cups are fine

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

I swear to god these things are so good. About to head out to Costco 1 day before ad break to buy 2 more bags wifey doesn't have a clue its on the list.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

FCKGW posted:

I have rice like once every two weeks I’m not gonna go cook up a bunch of rice and trash the leftovers after it rots in my fridge.

Little rice cups are fine

The easy solution is to eat more rice.

Or just like make more and throw it away. Wasting some rice is better than yet more plastic going to waste

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

stale rice is what you want for fried rice anyway, so just make that a couple times a week

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

maniacripper posted:

I swear to god these things are so good. About to head out to Costco 1 day before ad break to buy 2 more bags wifey doesn't have a clue its on the list.

I’ve never seen these there. Are these like Kirkland brand Famous Amos? Because if so I’m absolutely getting a bag next time I’m there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Make your own rice you lazy bums!!!

nah

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bird with big dick posted:

$400? It better have a BJ setting. Or at least a Tuggy setting.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

just ate a hot dog and bought a bunch of poo poo I don't need

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Referee posted:

I’ve never seen these there. Are these like Kirkland brand Famous Amos? Because if so I’m absolutely getting a bag next time I’m there.

No still no Famous AMos around here, these are more thin and crispy, the after taste is so smooth, buy them you wont be disappointed.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Making a couple cups of rice actually rules because you can eat rice with a meal one night then the next night make a whole meal out of fried rice and a ton of costco veggies and such.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tatsuta Age posted:

just ate a hot dog and bought a bunch of poo poo I don't need

:haibrow::respek::haibrow:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Last night I made a Costco frozen cheese pizza and enhanced it with spicy salami (from Costco), mushrooms (from Costco), and parmesan (from Costco).

I liberally added Franks Red Hot Sauce (from Costco) to the modded pie.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm pretty bummed that the free samples are back. It's been pretty rough getting to some aisles lately.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Costco gas bar was also friggin nuts for a monday on account of it being 20 cents a liter cheaper than everywhere else. Flowed fast enough though.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

maniacripper posted:

true story these fuckin own bones

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

My Costco finally restocked so I get to enjoy again pretending to be a gentleman of double fine taste (kirkland and port)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I haven't seen the port in years, hopefully it's decent again.