Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Croatoan posted:

No kraut at this one man. Not that I'd use it all the time but don't even get the chance.

Kraut is not available for the masses. You must ask and be deemed worthy to receive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bloodysabbath posted:

Walmart increased the cost of my sadbrain meds and I am sick of having to discuss the finer points of rx discount cards with a dead-eyed Walmart tech for 20 minutes before they get smug and roll their eyes and say "let me ask mah supervisor," only to find out I was actually in the right because they couldn't enter in a string of characters.

Costco apparently has their own in house rx discount program for free with membership, and sells that poo poo for such a low price that it pretty much pays for my membership with one refill, plus I never enter a Walmart that is bad even by Walmart standards.

All this plus pizza and soda and gas at excellent prices. I bought a Groupon and will be getting $20 in church bux and a free pizza and a free box of paper towels. Praise be.

Try the dogs.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Just moved into my new place. First stop, Costco, had a dog, bought a chair and few months supply of razors and TP.

Today was a good day.

PBUC

yaleforks
Dec 2, 2007

True story, we bought our house because it is only a mile to the Costco.

Just stopped in for a dog and a slice of za.

PBUC

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I got my first Costco card and went this morning. I tried the Hot Dog (and got Kraut on the side). While being great value at 1.50, it totally wrecked my stomach.

I'll be getting another next Costco trip.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its ok its just your stomach not being used to that level of value!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

I got my first Costco card and went this morning. I tried the Hot Dog (and got Kraut on the side). While being great value at 1.50, it totally wrecked my stomach.

I'll be getting another next Costco trip.

:bisonyes:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

2500 calories of hummus lasted me 2 days

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

2500 calories of hummus lasted me 2 days

same but Dave's Bitchin' Sauce.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Went to the Costco to redeem my groupon and was bamboozled into upgrading to the executive membership. Still seems like an incredible value because they double the cash card to $40.

Bought epsom salt, antipasto, gel pens in bulk. Also bought some new towels and a giant pillow and will transfer my rx next time so I never see the inside of our hellscape Walmart again. Finished up with a gut bomb pizza slice straight out of the oven and an infinitely refillable soda.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Went to the Costco to redeem my groupon and was bamboozled into upgrading to the executive membership. Still seems like an incredible value because they double the cash card to $40.

Bought epsom salt, antipasto, gel pens in bulk. Also bought some new towels and a giant pillow and will transfer my rx next time so I never see the inside of our hellscape Walmart again. Finished up with a gut bomb pizza slice straight out of the oven and an infinitely refillable soda.

Friend your executive membership will cost the same as a regular membership. They make sure you get back $60 at least, so you can always be an executive member. PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
plz dont abuse refill privileges

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

plz dont abuse refill privileges

Yes, indeed. You pay for a drink WITH refill. NOT more!

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

bloodysabbath posted:

:same: except I also got the credit card so I got $60 cash card. And I got 4% back on the whole price.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
To clarify I did not push the limits of the refill policy; I did not even refill my soda a single time given the total meal was around 900 calories. However, I am very glad the option is there and it is a sort of security blanket, warm and inviting.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

RJWaters2 posted:

:same: except I also got the credit card so I got $60 cash card. And I got 4% back on the whole price.

You all really should up your goddamn Costco game with the Costco Visa. Cashback on everything. I'm already up to $200 and it's only halfway through the year.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
This thread should have started with a vote for the all-beef or the polish.

I'm honestly fairly neutral but ... argh. The polish overpowers the condiments yet the all-beef is fairly muted unless you load it up with some serious stuff like chili cheese or kraut and lots of mustard hrmmm..

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Heresy.

The all-beef would be amazing even without any toppings. Polishes are fine but only after you have and all-beef hot dog for 1.50 plus drink with refill.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Grem posted:

You all really should up your goddamn Costco game with the Costco Visa. Cashback on everything. I'm already up to $200 and it's only halfway through the year.

I'm planning on having my Free Costco Moneycheck make my car insurance payment for the latter half of the year.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Teikanmi posted:

Heresy.

The all-beef would be amazing even without any toppings. Polishes are fine but only after you have and all-beef hot dog for 1.50 plus drink with refill.

I wish I was back there in the birth of the polish and the all-beef, because you would be looking at perfection in front of you and saying - "we will only charge 1.50 for each plus a small drink with refill" and I believe at that point in history, some human being/dyke/nincompoop started working on the condiments at the self-service table at costco and said "i want to make this as complicated as possible and I want the condiments to spill everywhere especially the onions."

I'd be less bitter if I didn't hate relish.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Uhhhh

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinkin bout a free refill....

Hairy Nude
Aug 14, 2006
More gangsta, less angsta.
What items do you guys like to splurge on at the 'stco? My girlfriend got a sous vide cooker so we bought some USDA prime ribeye steaks to test it out, and holy poo poo cannot recommend enough.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Hairy Nude posted:

What items do you guys like to splurge on at the 'stco? My girlfriend got a sous vide cooker so we bought some USDA prime ribeye steaks to test it out, and holy poo poo cannot recommend enough.

cheese, never ate such amazing cheese! PBUC

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Powershift posted:

There are grades of maple syrup based on darkness. The darker the syrup, the stronger the flavor. costco's syrup is grade A dark which is pretty good. grade A golden is junk, grade A very dark is too much for some folks and usually only used for baking.

I'm a syrup snob because my folks live in Vermont, and their neighbors sell homemade syrup.

The poo poo at Costco is Canadian, and it's very very good. And consistent!

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

like tree fiddy for a big rear end tub of hummus this week

Got a blender? Try making your own some time!
The #10 cans of chickpeas are $2.40, and bags of lemons are usually like five bucks.

Croatoan posted:

Aldo I'm gonna get 2lbs of smoked Gouda for $6 because their cheese is amazingly cheap. Oh and the salmon cakes because those are the best thing Costco sells.

Damns straight. Best price around on Cabot extra sharp. Good goat cheese, and we love the Manchego. A few months ago, I bought some stupid expensive Manchego, and it was maybe a tiny bit better?
We didn't like the smoked Gouda all that much, though. It was OK. I think we've been spoiled by trips to the Dutch Antilles.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
The Manhattan Beach 'co took their steak game to a whole new level. Separate glassed in cooler with these dry aged darlin's:

Now I know EXACTLY what I'm doing for my birthday!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Going to Costco on Thursday at 8am to get my tires rotated but they store (and food court) don't open up until 10. Real bummed I'll be at a Costco but miss out on them dogs :(

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Garcin posted:

I wish I was back there in the birth of the polish and the all-beef, because you would be looking at perfection in front of you and saying - "we will only charge 1.50 for each plus a small drink with refill" and I believe at that point in history, some human being/dyke/nincompoop started working on the condiments at the self-service table at costco and said "i want to make this as complicated as possible and I want the condiments to spill everywhere especially the onions."

I'd be less bitter if I didn't hate relish.

I know a guy who worked at one of the original hot dog carts in the early 90's (Tukwila Costco #006). And yes I said carts because it started out as a cart. Was called Cafe 150.

Garcin posted:

This thread should have started with a vote for the all-beef or the polish.

Polish all the way. Nothing like burping 2 hours later and saying "Yep, had a polish dog"

Risky
May 18, 2003

Bought a costco shrimp cocktail platter for 11 bucks and a giant bag of shrimp for "shrimp armageddon".

Got a dog and drink beforehand. It was glorious.

10/10 would costco again

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hairy Nude posted:

Meat for sure. Also cheese.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

yaleforks posted:

True story, we bought our house because it is only a mile to the Costco.

Just stopped in for a dog and a slice of za.

PBUC

We're choosing our next house based on proximity to Costco and a Publix.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hairy Nude posted:

I tend to get only what I need but their flavored water and wine selection's pretty stout.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chucklin' over here that a Polish dog overpowers condiments. Mustard, onions, and sauerkraut: subtle, mild flavors all.

And if you can't operate the onion dispenser you shouldn't be allowed to operate a car. Get right with Costco.

PBUC

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hairy Nude posted:

Pilaros Kalamata Olives. A loving massive jar costs about the same as few servings from the grocery store.
Rack of Lamb. I'd rather have that than a steak these days. I prefer cutting two-bone portions for serving so you get a thick little medallion of meat.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
I'll splurge on a sample that really tickles my fancy. It what Costco wants and helps keep the elderly employed. Also Costco rotisserie chicken and mango salsa is tasty. :420:

PBUC

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Haven't been the the sTco in a while because the missus spends too much money but her cooking has been not on par lately. Gonna make the run Thursday and take over meal duty to bring us all back to Costco sponsored flavor country.

PBUC

~Ketchup Apostate~

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Spooky skeletons? Spooky...pirate skeletons???! Costco's got ya.

Also my location currently has Steinberger(?) self playing pianos starting at the bargain pricing of $69,999.00!!!

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
40 bucks? ehh i'll pass

naem
May 29, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Also my location currently has Steinberger(?) self playing pianos starting at the bargain pricing of $69,999.00!!!

It's hard to fit the whole 10-pack in my car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

Uhhhhg I wish this stupid poo poo wouldn't litter my showroom.