Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
We bought an upright freezer after we got our membership earlier this year. Costco sold the same model, but it was cheaper here.
https://www.appliancesconnection.com/danby-duf138e1wdd.html

We had a chest freezer, but our problem was that the more you put in, you forget what was underneath, and then you had to go digging for stuff. I much prefer being able to see what's in my freezer at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Magius1337est posted:

anyone shop at costco use an extra freezer to store all that stuff?

The very first thing I bought after my Costco membership was a chest freezer. Unfortunately not from Costco though.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Theres a king sherpa down there too. I have one of the not-sherpaed on one side blankets from last year at home. That will go underneath me, the sherpa atop. Ready for the weekend.

PBUC, for I have plentiful strip steaks for the monthweek.

I was proud to hand over my two hundred and fifty six dollars, and then go straight over and get a dog.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GI_Clutch posted:

We bought an upright freezer after we got our membership earlier this year. Costco sold the same model, but it was cheaper here.
https://www.appliancesconnection.com/danby-duf138e1wdd.html

We had a chest freezer, but our problem was that the more you put in, you forget what was underneath, and then you had to go digging for stuff. I much prefer being able to see what's in my freezer at all times.

This is my problem, and also I can't keep beer in it. I label the stuff with dates, but it only works so much.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Jingleheimer posted:

You actually can get stuff delivered from Costco, just not directly through Costco itself. They recently made a deal with Instacart for that very purpose. People will just have to deal with Instacart for Costco deliveries. I'm not very familiar with Instacart though, so I don't know if dealing with them is a good or a bad thing. And I don't know how or if it would work with big stuff like tv's or furniture.

if you're a business then costco will deliver. i know this because of the costco trucks i see driving around that say "who delivers to your business?" in huge letters on the side

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hypnolobster posted:

Theres a king sherpa down there too. I have one of the not-sherpaed on one side blankets from last year at home. That will go underneath me, the sherpa atop. Ready for the weekend.

A Costco sandwich. :allears:

I've considered a chest freezer before but I don't think I'd use it very much. Well if I did get one my diet would surely change. Living alone I don't cook a lot of meat. I probably should start though since I can just buy in bulk and that'd last me forever.

If I had a deer hunter friend I'd definitely get a chest freezer.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Magius1337est posted:

anyone shop at costco use an extra freezer to store all that stuff?

Yup. Got a new fridge, and the old fridge went into the garage to handle Costco overflow.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
lol if you live off so much frozen food you need a secondary freezer

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Someone's never been serious about BBQ I see. Have fun keeping enough cuts of meat in your standard French doors fridge.

Also had the dog for the first time in a while yesterday and all I can think of is having another one. I have to work Thanksgiving, may skip the turkey and get a thing of dogs beforehand and have myself a reasonably-priced feast.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Hmm yes it's all briskets, just ignore the frozen pizzas and nuggets in my cart.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I make large batches of stuff (chili, meatballs, burgers, etc) and freeze it, and have vacuum-sealed meat for my sous vide thing.

I could never buy meat at Costco, in the quantities they still, without a freezer.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

flashy_mcflash posted:

I make large batches of stuff (chili, meatballs, burgers, etc) and freeze it, and have vacuum-sealed meat for my sous vide thing.

I could never buy meat at Costco, in the quantities they still, without a freezer.

yeah, dancing krusty pigboy doesn't know what he's talking about. Some of us actually have families and it makes sense to buy meats in bulk.

Now, the fact I've had to build a shelving system to hold my various sherpa throws... go ahead and lol that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
My small apartment freezer can hold several packs of chicken/pork, several bags of frozen veggies, and several bags of frozen fruit.

Of course I don't have to play tetris around my boxes of frozen corndogs, taquitos, and wontons, so it makes it easier.

We've all seen the carts posted itt, we know what you're buyin that needs extra freezer space. Just like your pants need extra room for your fupas.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Krusty bleeding on all that edge...

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

ArbitraryC posted:

My small apartment freezer can hold several packs of chicken/pork, several bags of frozen veggies, and several bags of frozen fruit.

Of course I don't have to play tetris around my boxes of frozen corndogs, taquitos, and wontons, so it makes it easier.

We've all seen the carts posted itt, we know what you're buyin that needs extra freezer space. Just like your pants need extra room for your fupas.

Grats on your freezer status, please tell us more about how you shop and eat healthy since it is all you post in this thread.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe buy another freezer to chill your lovely attitude.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I was just having a laugh, I actually think it'd be real cool to have a big rear end smoker and the slabs of beef to go with it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Shopping at Costco allows me to grill the meats. :grin:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Walking in, the opening items are: A folding table, Bailey's Kirkland Irish Cream, Prevacid Generics. What the hell party does Costco think I'm hosting?

Also someone tell me if this is good times, I think I saw it at Target for $50

https://www.costco.com/Sunbeam-Velvet-Plush-Heated-Throw---Clifford-Plaid.product.100375161.html

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I made a mistake....

I went to Costco on the weekend before Thanksgiving

Parking lot is full

Pbuc

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco wasn't really all that bad today (or at least not as busy as I was expecting). I'm guessing football might be keeping a few people home today and tomorrow. Until thanksgiving, every day is going to be busier than the last. And to be honest, I don't think Costco is going to have a slow day until January.

This time of the year, I do not enjoy working at one of the busiest Costcos in the state, and also being one of the people responsible for getting the place stocked up. We are being so overworked right now and thankfully tomorrow I have the rare opportunity to come in an hour early to get a head start on things.

But still, PBUC, especially on Sundays when they pay me time and a half.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

PBUC, although I must say I prefer to have my dog BEFORE I shop. Unfortunately, with the food court separated by the check out area at my location, this is not encouraged and I must sneak through check out area, often blocked with carts, to get there. Kind of odd.

Bought a Sherpa blanket and a gigantic bottle of Polish vodka, which came with two metal cups perfect for a vodka on the rocks. My winter is set.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I have given my wife the gift of the sherpa, and she is now warm for the first time in her life.

PBUC

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

PBUC, although I must say I prefer to have my dog BEFORE I shop. Unfortunately, with the food court separated by the check out area at my location, this is not encouraged and I must sneak through check out area, often blocked with carts, to get there. Kind of odd.

Just walk in the exit side and tell them you're hitting the food court. They'll be cool with it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We went Costco Thanksgiving shopping last week and just put it all in our 3rd and 4th freezer in the garage.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dely Apple posted:

Walking in, the opening items are: A folding table, Bailey's Kirkland Irish Cream, Prevacid Generics. What the hell party does Costco think I'm hosting?

Also someone tell me if this is good times, I think I saw it at Target for $50

https://www.costco.com/Sunbeam-Velvet-Plush-Heated-Throw---Clifford-Plaid.product.100375161.html

Those throws are great, I have 2.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jingleheimer posted:

Alright guys, anyone have any questions for a Costco employee? I'm bored and I don't mind talking about work because I am employed by the greatest company in the world.

How do you get hired on? Warehouse work/in the store, not corporate? Any tips? 51 year old female.

Thanks.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I made a mistake....

I went to Costco on the weekend before Thanksgiving

Parking lot is full

Pbuc

I also went. Though the lot was full, I made the choice to go for the food court first, at 10 am, with no line.

Wisdom.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
My god, Popcornopolis is amazing

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

belt posted:

Just walk in the exit side and tell them you're hitting the food court. They'll be cool with it.

This is the first commandment of Costco. PBUC

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Heathens have overrun the temple. The parking lot is 100% full and there are scores of cars circling. The interior is a madhouse.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Spinster posted:

How do you get hired on? Warehouse work/in the store, not corporate? Any tips? 51 year old female.

Thanks.

Not sure if they are still hiring on for seasonal. If so, then apply apply apply. The hardest part is the foot in the door. Then work thru the season and hope you are kept on after the holidays.
If you are talking corporate, then just be related to someone.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Meydey posted:

Not sure if they are still hiring on for seasonal. If so, then apply apply apply. The hardest part is the foot in the door. Then work thru the season and hope you are kept on after the holidays.
If you are talking corporate, then just be related to someone.

Thanks for the reply. I can't start applying until January, too much money to be made where I'm at the rest of the year. But then I have to make applying a part time job, my workplace is getting weird, I can feel it.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

poisonpill posted:

Heathens have overrun the temple. The parking lot is 100% full and there are scores of cars circling. The interior is a madhouse.

I see you're visiting my costco at literally any time of day during any time of the year. Welcome.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Spinster posted:

Thanks for the reply. I can't start applying until January, too much money to be made where I'm at the rest of the year. But then I have to make applying a part time job, my workplace is getting weird, I can feel it.

The thing to remember is that once people do get on at the warehouses, they never leave because of the pay/benefits/etc. Beyond that it is still a retail job but $20/hr or so make that much easier to deal with.
It's even worse at corporate as the only people that seem to leave (at least in IS) are trained up on a new system/application, then get headhunted for much higher salaries. Tends to leave an older corporate workforce (I'm 47). Plus we have never had full-time layoffs in the companies, albeit short, history.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Spinster posted:

It definitely helps to know someone to get your foot in the door, otherwise you pretty much just have to be lucky. The first time I applied I didn't hear anything, but I got called for an interview when I applied again a year later. Since they'll be keeping a handful of their seasonal hires they might not do another round of hiring until March or April. And if you do get yourself an interview, one thing that can make you stand out from all the others who applied is if you did some research on Costco beforehand and learn about such things like how Costco was founded, their mission statement, and everything little thing about the executive membership (there's a bunch of stuff you get with executive that most people don't know about).

My warehouse manager likes to ask one or two curveball questions about the company to potential new hires during an interview, and while not knowing the answer to probably wouldn't count against you, I guarantee you that you will get hired over someone else if you knew their mission statement without even being an employee.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

stopped by for some gas and a polish, didn't bother going inside

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jingleheimer posted:

It definitely helps to know someone to get your foot in the door, otherwise you pretty much just have to be lucky. The first time I applied I didn't hear anything, but I got called for an interview when I applied again a year later. Since they'll be keeping a handful of their seasonal hires they might not do another round of hiring until March or April. And if you do get yourself an interview, one thing that can make you stand out from all the others who applied is if you did some research on Costco beforehand and learn about such things like how Costco was founded, their mission statement, and everything little thing about the executive membership (there's a bunch of stuff you get with executive that most people don't know about).

My warehouse manager likes to ask one or two curveball questions about the company to potential new hires during an interview, and while not knowing the answer to probably wouldn't count against you, I guarantee you that you will get hired over someone else if you knew their mission statement without even being an employee.
Fantastic specific hints, blessings unto you Jingleheimer.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Small but important haul today. Went with a fresh and hot slice of pep with a soda afterwards along with some high quality gasoline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Small but important haul today. Went with a fresh and hot slice of pep with a soda afterwards along with some high quality gasoline.

That reminds me of what happened today. Not sure exactly what the reason was, probably a receiving error, but we thought we had more rotisserie chickens than we did and only had enough to last maybe an hour this morning. I was out of there right when we opened so I don't know how it turned out, but they were taking about getting a rush shipment from our distribution center which fortunately is only like 10 miles away. I can't imagine what it would have been like if we ran out of chickens. I'm so glad that it wasn't my problem.