Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Stopped by Costco today and it was bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S). Thirty minutes before opening there was a line up out into the parking lot. As soon as they opened, I scooted over to the food counter. I had skipped breakfast, I’ve been fighting a nasty chest cold all week, and they had all of the dressings, so I decided to go for the ultra rare double dog today. The energy from those dogs helped me get through the crowds, get everything I needed, and drive home through stupid traffic just in time to put my groceries away and collapse with exhaustion. PBUC

EDIT: Also, apparently my city is colder than the Antarctic and Mars today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

Stopped by Costco today and it was bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S). Thirty minutes before opening there was a line up out into the parking lot. As soon as they opened, I scooted over to the food counter. I had skipped breakfast, I’ve been fighting a nasty chest cold all week, and they had all of the dressings, so I decided to go for the ultra rare double dog today. The energy from those dogs helped me get through the crowds, get everything I needed, and drive home through stupid traffic just in time to put my groceries away and collapse with exhaustion. PBUC

Regent Costco?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

pacerhimself posted:

Regent Costco?

Pointe-Claire, Quebec Costco.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Took me 7 years but I finally got a Costco hat. Took me 7 years to ask but I had wanted one that whole time

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Math You posted:

Took me 7 years but I finally got a Costco hat. Took me 7 years to ask but I had wanted one that whole time

I ask every time and have not received the holy headwear! Please recite to me the ancient verbiage required for this blessing?!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I ask every time and have not received the holy headwear! Please recite to me the ancient verbiage required for this blessing?!

"I would like to partake in your 1/4lb all beef hot dog."

"With the free refill :quagmire:"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Phylodox posted:

LIAR! Alexa told me Mars' average temperature is -80F. Your city is is 0F. :mad:

Actually my city got down to -25F with with chill a few days ago I think. I feel ya bro.

PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
insanely worried about this bun friends... please say this is NOT the new normal!!!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

insanely worried about this bun friends... please say this is NOT the new normal!!!

that's a potato

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd rather have too much dog than too much bun.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

Same at the one I visited. My guess is folks stocking up for New Year's Eve parties, the place was packed.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I go to pray at opening time tomorrow. Booze and hopefully lobster.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Apparently kenji lopez alts sausage place in san mateo will feature a misratioed dog bun just like that pic

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Well I'm also an employee.. probably helps. We don't see them in the office often though

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

A dog who too big for he own bun... A shameful dog

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Math You posted:

Well I'm also an employee.. probably helps. We don't see them in the office often though

Me sniffs a goon project where you bestow a holy hat upon a most ardent disciple of the faith?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Surprisingly not crowded for a Saturday.

These super old people in line behind me were fondling my booze on the checkout conveyer and asking me about it.

Went to get a Polish, but they were out. Had to settle for a dog. I watched them refill the relish, it's like a big Capri Sun inside the pump box.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

PBUC. Eight cold water lobster tails from the Bahamas, several handles of booze, chocolate chip cookies and a bunch of other stuff. Still can’t seem to make a pilgrimage for less than $250.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

poo poo I was going to get shrimp and forgot.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

poo poo I was going to get shrimp and forgot.

Oh noes, you have to go back. And get more great stuff at amazing prices. And another hot dog plus drink (free refills) for $1.50.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

what's the downside to kirkland sleep aid(doxylamine)?

it's 6 bucks for 2 bottles and I'm bad at sleeping

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

insulated staircase posted:

what's the downside to kirkland sleep aid(doxylamine)?

What do you mean downside? It's an anti-histamine repackaged as a sleep aid because a side effect of first gen anti-histamines is drowsiness.

It's the "sleep" part of NyQil without the liver rotting acetaminophen

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Not to get all not-Costco in this thread but if you're having serious sleep issues to the point that you are consulting strangers on the internet, my advice would be to deal with that... with the help of a professional.

1) Sleep is too important to self-medicate, it's kind of the bedrock for our entire lives in some ways

2) Often times, sleep issues that aren't caused by a medical condition like sleep apnea are mentally induced and by just taking some drugs you aren't dealing with the real issues keeping you from getting a good night's sleep.

Take your sleep seriously. Your sleep is worth more than $6 for two bottles. A lot of sleep aids just knock you out and the evidence seems to be that many of these solutions don't actually give you the deep sleep you need.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This is good advice. I would get my CPAP supplies from a Costco in a hot minute if I could. Instead I use a lovely DME across the street from Costco and I loathe them with every fiber of my being.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Taima posted:

Not to get all not-Costco in this thread but if you're having serious sleep issues to the point that you are consulting strangers on the internet, my advice would be to deal with that... with the help of a professional.

1) Sleep is too important to self-medicate, it's kind of the bedrock for our entire lives in some ways

2) Often times, sleep issues that aren't caused by a medical condition like sleep apnea are mentally induced and by just taking some drugs you aren't dealing with the real issues keeping you from getting a good night's sleep.

Take your sleep seriously. Your sleep is worth more than $6 for two bottles. A lot of sleep aids just knock you out and the evidence seems to be that many of these solutions don't actually give you the deep sleep you need.

you're way too serious about about this, get lost

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Doxylamine is fun times as a drug
it's a first generation antihistamine anticholinergic
which means that it's p. generally safe yadda yadda
if you take too much, you can get psychosis
fun fact: the adult swim dealio, "unedited footage of a bear" depicts an antihistamine overdose

watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8

e: also prolly the easiest hallucinogen to get for someone unwilling to break the law or pick mushrooms

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i wonder how tcc you could get in costco. costco gettin you high

naem
May 29, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Doxylamine is fun times as a drug
it's a first generation antihistamine anticholinergic
which means that it's p. generally safe yadda yadda
if you take too much, you can get psychosis
fun fact: the adult swim dealio, "unedited footage of a bear" depicts an antihistamine overdose

watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8

e: also prolly the easiest hallucinogen to get for someone unwilling to break the law or pick mushrooms

:stare:

https://youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i wonder how tcc you could get in costco. costco gettin you high

Kirkland brand weed would be so dank for the price.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was hoping to pick up a couple good ribeyes for a nice New Year's Eve dinner at home, but I'm glad I checked Costco's Sunday hours, because they open at 9 AM tomorrow. I want to be there when it opens, since weekends are crazy enough, without the added chaos of New Year's Eve Day. Not sure what else we need -- a big bag of raw almonds, probably some fruit, not sure what else, but I'm sure I'll spend more money than I intended.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

you're way too serious about about this, get lost

oh ok. I would suggest taking care of your problems but that's just me? Do whatever you want I'm not your mom.

You're the dude asking about sleep aids in the Costco thread and getting defensive when people take it seriously.

Taima fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 31, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Can I return a photo album from the photo center?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Can I return a photo album from the photo center?

Probably! Give it a try and see what happens, worst case they say no.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Taima posted:

oh ok. I would suggest taking care of your problems but that's just me? Do whatever you want I'm not your mom.

You're the dude asking about sleep aids in the Costco thread and getting defensive when people take it seriously.

what's meatier - the Kirkland 100% Beef Dog, or your donger?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The answer is my donger.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Harton posted:

The answer is my donger.

Does it come with a soda + refill? Didn't think so.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Does it come with a soda + refill? Didn't think so.

I would guess most donger owners would gladly refill as many times as possible, and it’s only kind to offer rehydration between refills.

Edit: :giggity:

Ultimate Mango fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 31, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I picked up two beautiful, thick Prime ribeye CAPS this morning, plus the almonds and toilet paper. In and out by 9:15, and most people still probably thought Costco wasn't even opening until 10.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I’m back in America and probably going to get communion whilst I’m here, what topping should I get? Part of me wants to go childhood nostalgia and get ketchup only but I feel like I should do the prayer properly and get relish/mustard/onion

Guide me, Good Rev. Tim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
We split our sacrament today. My girlfriend is a garbage person though.