Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Friend got me a jug of the Kirkland premixed margarita.

Not bad at all. Little tequila taste, lemony, and undertones of orange. Not just alcoholic lime juice like you get at some bars.

Poured myself a pint glass of it thinking it’d be weak, turns out it’s 17%. Had to sneak into bed a little more tipsy than intended, not meant to be getting drunk with the newborn around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Horse Clocks posted:

Friend got me a jug of the Kirkland premixed margarita.

Not bad at all. Little tequila taste, lemony, and undertones of orange. Not just alcoholic lime juice like you get at some bars.

Poured myself a pint glass of it thinking it’d be weak, turns out it’s 17%. Had to sneak into bed a little more tipsy than intended, not meant to be getting drunk with the newborn around.

Please note Costco does not advocate endangering your child's life as a requirement to partake

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Kiranamos posted:

Please note Costco does not advocate endangering your child's life as a requirement to partake

It’s not discouraged though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

loving lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Tonight I think I'm cooking up a big bag of costco spinach ravioli for dinner

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Loveline posted:

Just bought my third (and king size) sherpa blanket. PBUC.

My wife keeps buying these and I'm concerned our mummified bodies and our house will be discovered buried under sherpa blankets in 1,000 years.

edit: coincidentally you'll need a sherpa to climb to the top of our blanket pile.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

smoobles posted:

My wife keeps buying these and I'm concerned our mummified bodies and our house will be discovered buried under sherpa blankets in 1,000 years.

edit: coincidentally you'll need a sherpa to climb to the top of our blanket pile.

Sounds like a wonderful way to go tbh

I went to Costco earlier this week and was planning on only buying coffee but I still ended up leaving with like $300 of poo poo. Love u Costco.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

my internal monologue at costco: "hmmm I already have a toaster oven but this one looks better, and only $100? i'm not gonna look it up, but that seems like the right price for a toaster. into the cart it goes."

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I don't mind boozin on occasion but have concerns over the ever increasing amount of floor space they seem to be dedicating to alcohol at my local 'co.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I have a friend who works in the Costco international department, and he said that 5 out of 6 adults in Iceland have a membership.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

my internal monologue at costco: "hmmm I already have a toaster oven but this one looks better, and only $100? i'm not gonna look it up, but that seems like the right price for a toaster. into the cart it goes."

That Panasonic toaster oven looks pretty rad.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costcos in Seattle sell very solid crab pots for recreational crabbing. Not the commercial Deadliest Catch kind, but a smaller version of the same design. Seriously considering picking one up, PBUC.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I can almost taste the dogs... Soon...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

I have a friend who works in the Costco international department, and he said that 5 out of 6 adults in Iceland have a membership.

WE DON'T SPEAK ILL OF COSTCO.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Apparently it's the only way to get reasonably priced groceries.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
costco opened in iceland in may 2017
icelandair increased cargo flights by 40% just because of costco
other lol things
https://grapevine.is/mag/articles/2017/09/07/the-costco-craze/

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the whole nation-state has fewer peeps than, like, the part of SF that's south of market, so lol they're gonna regulate the poo poo out of things

naem
May 29, 2011

If I visit Iceland will a bunch of blonde viking women conquer me because, I surrender

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

costco opened in iceland in may 2017
icelandair increased cargo flights by 40% just because of costco
other lol things
https://grapevine.is/mag/articles/2017/09/07/the-costco-craze/

great article.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

naem posted:

If I visit Iceland will a bunch of blonde viking women conquer me because, I surrender

I was in Iceland almost 10 years ago on holiday, and it was amazing. These days tourists probably out number locals, but yes there are lots of lusty Icelandic viking men and women.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Costco stock is rising as Sam’s Club just closed dozens, possibly hundreds, of stores with zero notice.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Costco stock is rising as Sam’s Club just closed dozens, possibly hundreds, of stores with zero notice.

Welcome to this place
I'll show you all the deals
With arms wide open

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah but WalMart raised their hourly pay $1 so the tax cut worked out just great for everybody

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Holy poo poo they are closing SIXTY THREE Sam's Club locations.

One of my greatest (worst) life choices was moving < 2 miles from a Costco.

I'm glad it wasn't a Sam's or a BJs.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Wow, its almost like people don't want to pay a membership fee to buy the same poo poo you can get at Walmart at a slightly discounted price or higher volume.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Holy poo poo they are closing SIXTY THREE Sam's Club locations.

It's probably way more than that, some articles say stores will be closing at the end of the month

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Well Walmart is poo poo, this is expected.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

smoobles posted:

This is why I love Costco, truly, love Costco. You know it’s gonna be Good and Well priced.

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like gettin a dog at the outdoor food court when its cold and i sit down and watch the steam rise up from the dog like the holy spirit of Costco

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costcos in Seattle sell very solid crab pots for recreational crabbing. Not the commercial Deadliest Catch kind, but a smaller version of the same design. Seriously considering picking one up, PBUC.

The best method of recreational crabbing is tying string around turkey necks, hanging them in the water off a pier, and scooping up the hungry crabs in a dip net as they latch on when you pull the turkey necks back up.

I bet you could get like 100 turkey necks for $5 at Costco.

EDIT: Hey is a laptop a good thing to buy at Costco

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 11, 2018

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

chicken on a string is an artform

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Mons Hubris posted:

Highly variable. I would just troll slickdeals for a while and/or set up a laptop deal alert. Unless you need it now, in which case Costco should be a good bet.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Taima posted:

Highly variable. I would just troll slickdeals for a while and/or set up a laptop deal alert. Unless you need it now, in which case Costco should be a good bet.

Yeah but that sweet sweet warranty

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

someone post the shameful sams club knockoff food court

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

Costco is good if you wanna just go in, buy a laptop with mid to highs specs and decent quality. they don't have the cheapest prices, but they don't sell garbage laptops with 4gb of ram either

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they are closing 63 Sam's Clubs according to news sources.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

holy poo poo i didn't even realized that sams closed 60+ stores with zero notice. like, employees showed up to work today and the doors were locked and there was a note on the door saying "store's closed".

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1

lmao what a lovely rear end company

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Geoj posted:

Wow, its almost like people don't want to pay a membership fee to buy the same poo poo you can get at Walmart at a slightly discounted price or higher volume.

I made the grave mistake once of trying to serve two gods, the one true god Costco and the pretender Sams Club. Got one of those groupon deals I think for something like a half price membership and a bunch of freebies. Some of the areas I travel to have more Sams than Costcos, plus its never usually nearly as busy.
Going to Sams reminded me of the time I bought a netbook instead of a real laptop because they were smaller and cheaper. It was like 95% of the size of a full sized laptop keyboard, but drat was that thing near impossible to type on with fat goon fingers. Thats what Sams felt like to me: almost like Costco but just didnt feel right. When the membership ended, I swore to the one true god Costco I would never stray from the flock again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

holy poo poo i didn't even realized that sams closed 60+ stores with zero notice. like, employees showed up to work today and the doors were locked and there was a note on the door saying "store's closed".

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1

lmao what a lovely rear end company

Costco needs to start selling guillotines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

CostCo gonna start selling Sams Clubs