Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Geoj posted:

Not sure on the tissues but much earlier ITT someone observed that the Kirkland paper towels and toilet paper are made under contract by the same companies that make the national brands. You're getting the same product at a lower price with a different label.

I buy the tissues. They're great.

My only gripe is that they stuff more tissues into the same sized box (compared to name-brand). This seems like a weird thing to complain about, but they compress so tightly that your first few pulls out of a fresh box either (a) rip from being stuck inside, or (b) you end up taking 3 or 4 tissues stuck together when you only wanted one. After the first ~10 tissues are out of the box, though, it's smooth sailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Hed posted:

How are the Kirkland paper towels. And Kirkland facial tissue. Are these bad enough paper products to grace my home?

I love the paper towels. Thick, durable, long lasting. I find that when I run out and grab some from the normal stores that they disappear in like a day (per roll). They more I got to Costco, the more I fall in love; PBUC.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Do you own a restaurant or something? Because otherwise how the hell do you go through a roll of paper towel in a day

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Do you own a restaurant or something? Because otherwise how the hell do you go through a roll of paper towel in a day

Kids probably

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kids probably

Not an emptyquote.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Argyle posted:

I buy the tissues. They're great.

My only gripe is that they stuff more tissues into the same sized box (compared to name-brand). This seems like a weird thing to complain about, but they compress so tightly that your first few pulls out of a fresh box either (a) rip from being stuck inside, or (b) you end up taking 3 or 4 tissues stuck together when you only wanted one. After the first ~10 tissues are out of the box, though, it's smooth sailing.

This is my exact same experience. Good poo poo.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Trastion posted:

Did you stop and fill all 50 cups with a drink before leaving the store?

I wasn't the one who went to pick up the dogs, but the guy who did said he tried to give them back the cups since we didn't need them but they insisted he take them.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Do they have select a size Kirkland paper towels? That would be the only way my wife would let me buy them. It's select a size or nothing in this household.

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby

GI_Clutch posted:

Do they have select a size Kirkland paper towels? That would be the only way my wife would let me buy them. It's select a size or nothing in this household.

They do!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GI_Clutch posted:

Anyone buying anything but select a size is a heathen and probably also doesn't buy tissues with lotion.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Went to church today with 2 of my housemates. Glory be their name, Costco provideth sacrament. And the communion was held. One dog (me, PBUC), one Polish (lmao people can't buy these in some fetid regions), and one Turkey Parm. All were imbibed, but sadly only two refills were to be had.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hed posted:

How are the Kirkland paper towels. And Kirkland facial tissue. Are these bad enough paper products to grace my home?
They are by far the best products you can ever buy. completely blows away every other brand, even if they're supposedly made by name brands they are so much better.

Everytime I run out of Costco TP or paper towels and dont want to dehumanize myself and face the crowded thunderdome, i end up buying some from target and its always o bad and i end up rushing out to costco the next day to buy poo poo that doesn't suck. I just keep forgetting how utterly inferior all other brands are out there.

seriously its like silky smooth but durable tp that graces my fragile buttocks. and paper towels are select-a-size and really absorbent and thick.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

tangy yet delightful posted:

Anyone buying anything but select a size is a heathen and probably also doesn't buy tissues with lotion.

Sometimes I tear off a couple paper towels and throw them away.

Just for the thrill.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BaconCopter posted:

Went to church today with 2 of my housemates. Glory be their name, Costco provideth sacrament. And the communion was held. One dog (me, PBUC), one Polish (lmao people can't buy these in some fetid regions), and one Turkey Parm. All were imbibed, but sadly only two refills were to be had.

Kirkland bless you my child.

no youre a liberal
Mar 28, 2009

our future

Chinatown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xOxXmyPD0I

Went to Costco today. Went originally just to fill up my car but decided to go in and check out the recently completed renovations. New food court and bathrooms!

Also they were handing out the holiday sales booklets at the front door so if you are looking for sicknasty deals on tvs or whatevs its pretty good.

Bought the following:
- Sliced salami
- Frozen carrots/broccoli/cauliflower mix
- beer
- fresh mozz
- packaged rotisserie chicken pieces
-MAC N CHEASE TAKE N BAKE (!!!)

Opted to skip getting a hot dog or pizza.

Tonight dinner is chicken with broccoli and mac n cheese.

you should have bought a hot dog.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Went to Church yesterday, had a piping hot chicken bake fresh out the oven, PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

haterade posted:

you should have bought a hot dog.

i usually do friend!

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?
I buy the Kirkland TP. It comes in a crate-sized block. At first I was afraid that it would be the same product as previously bought at the unholy Sam's Club (forgive me). That was less than 1-ply -- more like .25 ply.

I can report that the Kirkland TP is of the highest quality. Your anus will pucker with satisfaction. Rejoice.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Kirkland paper towels are legit but unfortunately Kirkland toilet paper goes for the soft, foo-foo Charmin-esque style rather than the simplicity that is Scotts. Not my style, so I stick with Scotts to rub on my lovely rear end.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KakerMix posted:

Kirkland paper towels are legit but unfortunately Kirkland toilet paper goes for the soft, foo-foo Charmin-esque style rather than the simplicity that is Scotts. Not my style, so I stick with Scotts to rub on my lovely rear end.

Sorry about ur hemorrhoids mate

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Xaris posted:

Sorry about ur hemorrhoids mate

Think of what the boys down at the office would say if they found out I was using a quilted tp tho

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Wiping your rear end with dry toilet paper is loving gross. Why Americans insist on doing that is beyond me. At least get the fuckin' flushable wipes you neanderthals.

Note: I am american I just don't get our habits sometimes

e: do you wipe up a mess with a dry sponge? Clean a kitchen floor with a dry mop? We implicitly understand that these are the actions of an idiot, but we are unable to extend this line of thinking to our buttholes, which is weird becaus your butthole is presumably more important than your sponge, but if you told someone you always used a dry sponge they would look at you like a loving idiot.

Taima fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 17, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My home shredder finally broke, after several years. I checked for similar models at Staples, Office Max, and Target, but nothing seemed quite right. Then tonight I stopped by Costco, and right in front, at the entrance, they had a newer model of Royal shredder (the brand I had), heavy-duty, on sale for $40. It was meant to be.

While I was there, I also picked up huge multi-packs of chicken thighs and ground turkey, and a case of sugar free Red Bull and a bottle of vitamin B12 for my wife. In and out in under ten minutes. PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dont throw wet wipes own the loving toilet please

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Taima posted:

Wiping your rear end with dry toilet paper is loving gross. Why Americans insist on doing that is beyond me. At least get the fuckin' flushable wipes you neanderthals.

Note: I am american I just don't get our habits sometimes

e: do you wipe up a mess with a dry sponge? Clean a kitchen floor with a dry mop? We implicitly understand that these are the actions of an idiot, but we are unable to extend this line of thinking to our buttholes, which is weird becaus your butthole is presumably more important than your sponge, but if you told someone you always used a dry sponge they would look at you like a loving idiot.

Like yeah I agree but unless you have a bidet I just assume most civilized people start with dry, finish with a wet toilet paper and be done.

Chinatown posted:

I'm on well and septic so I have to drain my sewage every few years anyway, I will flush down whatever I want hoss :c00l:

Really we should just have bidets.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

They are flushable wet wipes but the catch is that you have to flush one at a time.

The next great ecological disaster in our sewers is going to be clogs due to gentle wipes.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

They are flushable wet wipes but the catch is that you have to flush one at a time.

The next great ecological disaster in our sewers is going to be clogs due to gentle wipes.

Costco sells those also btw. In packs of 6!

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Picked up a box in preparation for rear end eatin season

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RJWaters2 posted:

Picked up a box in preparation for rear end eatin season

Don't forget the 2-Pack of Dr. Bronners Magic Pure Castile Hemp Peppermint Soap. Thats the good stuff. And cheap too!!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Costco saved my bacon on a business trip last weekend. Forgot my phone/tablet chargers and had to go to a church far from home. Picked up a couple chargers that also came with a pair of battery packs, was able to get through the weekend and stayed powered all through the otherwise lovely flight

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 17, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Picked up my party invites. 50 for $16 and they look fantastic. Maybe if I'm lucky I can convince my fiance to do the wedding invites through Costco too.

Then I bought a hot dog.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FilthyImp posted:

This has already happened multiple times in large cities like NY and London. Google "Fatberg". 'Flushable' wipes are NOT flushable.

KakerMix posted:

I just assume most civilized people...

I'm on well and septic...

Yeah gently caress off with your no sewer access.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Renegret posted:

Picked up my party invites. 50 for $16 and they look fantastic. Maybe if I'm lucky I can convince my fiance to do the wedding invites through Costco too.

Then I bought a hot dog.

Buy a Costco carrot cake for the wedding cake. If a Catholic wedding, then dog and refill for the sacrament. If not a catholic wedding, see how she feels about the sacrament. If she is not willing to acknowledge Kirkland above on her wedding day, then you need to think about if you want to be with this woman for the rest of your life.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

therobit posted:

Buy a Costco carrot cake for the wedding cake. If a Catholic wedding, then dog and refill for the sacrament. If not a catholic wedding, see how she feels about the sacrament. If she is not willing to acknowledge Kirkland above on her wedding day, then you need to think about if you want to be with this woman for the rest of your life.

For richer or poorer
In sickness and in health
Through first fills and refills

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

scotts is cheaper per square

my bung can't tell the difference!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

somebody has to have actually done communion with a bbq

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
here we go

http://gslconline.org/index.php/grow/pastor_carlsons_blog/hot-dog-communio

e: related:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/susannahbreslin/2013/10/09/a-supposedly-sinful-burger-stirs-up-controversy/#47a86d031e45

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

LoonyLeif posted:

I buy the Kirkland TP. It comes in a crate-sized block. At first I was afraid that it would be the same product as previously bought at the unholy Sam's Club (forgive me). That was less than 1-ply -- more like .25 ply.

I can report that the Kirkland TP is of the highest quality. Your anus will pucker with satisfaction. Rejoice.

Krikland toilet paper rolls are too fat to fit on my bathroom's toilet paper holder without spinning it down a few layers. I'm halfway through gutting the bathroom to resolve the issue.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DARPA posted:

Krikland toilet paper rolls are too fat to fit on my bathroom's toilet paper holder without spinning it down a few layers. I'm halfway through gutting the bathroom to resolve the issue.

Renovating your house to accommodate Costco.

Truly you are a saint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

KakerMix posted:

Really we should just have bidets.

I lived in Italy and Spain for a couple years each, and dearly miss the bidet action.

If I had more disposable income I'd get this: https://www.costco.com/Bio-Bidet-USPA-6800-Luxury-Bidet-Seat---.product.100015779.html

Maybe I'll save up for one.

edit: scroll down and watch the video to see blissful people that have zero poo poo on their butts!! plus the adjustable nozzle :grin:

DustyNuts fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 17, 2018