Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

Ugh. We went to a wedding in Santa Fe recently (Santa Fe is loving great and super cheap by the way in case you were wondering) and they had a shitload of the Costco sparkling water. Our Costco does NOT get that poo poo. I had never seen it before or since. I would be buying flats of that all day. Why is this poo poo so limited.

However I really like Spindrift too so whatever. Most people I know think it tastes like watered down poo poo-water, but it works for me vs essence-based water like La Croix that just taste kinda fake to me.

Never heard of Spindrift, but I bought 3 flats of the Kirkland Signature water today, and it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

thanks to costco, i like tamales now

bless

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Taima posted:

Ugh. We went to a wedding in Santa Fe recently (Santa Fe is loving great and super cheap by the way in case you were wondering) and they had a shitload of the Costco sparkling water. Our Costco does NOT get that poo poo. I had never seen it before or since. I would be buying flats of that all day. Why is this poo poo so limited.

The people bottling it were doing a lovely packaging job so it was discontinued while that poo poo got sorted out. I don't know if the bottler fixed their fuckups or if Costco contracted somebody else to bottle it.

Fill out a request form and maybe your Costco will try and get it back in stock quicker.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

binge crotching posted:

Never heard of Spindrift, but I bought 3 flats of the Kirkland Signature water today, and it's good.

Insanely jealous of this bounty sir. Our Lord forsaketh us here.

MisterOblivious posted:

The people bottling it were doing a lovely packaging job so it was discontinued while that poo poo got sorted out. I don't know if the bottler fixed their fuckups or if Costco contracted somebody else to bottle it.

Fill out a request form and maybe your Costco will try and get it back in stock quicker.

Ooh ok thanks. Wait so the request forms work? I assume they just threw that poo poo in the trash, or it got added to some aggregated spreadsheet that no one checks despite it being half of one employee's entire job, like most companies.

Taima fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 20, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Ooh ok thanks. Wait so the request forms work? I assume they just threw that poo poo in the trash, or it got added to some aggregated spreadsheet that no one checks despite it being half of one employee's entire job, like most companies.

My friend this is costco we are talking about. Of course it works.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

MarcusSA posted:

My friend this is costco we are talking about. Of course it works.

Bless you fellow parishioner I shall fill the sacred form. LaCroix Lemon is the only good one in case anyone wondered. I’ve considered getting a soda stream and tank but I’m making sure it’s not a short obsession and we’re in for the long haul.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Taima posted:

Insanely jealous of this bounty sir. Our Lord forsaketh us here.

Costco has always taken the request forms seriously, they are pretty much the only store that does though so I can understand why you think they are useless.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Thank you for showing me the light friends, I will file a request next time I am there!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'll have to fill out a request for those Mozarella and Kale chicken burgers next time I am there then, those things were great for those of us trying to eat healthy.

The spindrift water was pretty good for 2 flavors, but the lemon was terrible. I'll have to check for the kirkland.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Drinking carbonated beverages of any sort is bad for your teeth and bones.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

therobit posted:

So is eating 17 of their hot dogs in one sitting but this is MURICA dammit!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Silly Burrito posted:

So is eating 17 of their hot dogs in one sitting but this is MURICA dammit!

I don't believe you've ever done that, sir.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

therobit posted:

uh, it's no worse than regular water

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

While I ache to grub on some Tillamook, Finlandia's Colby and Cheddar reduced fat double pack comes in mighty handy for a burg.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

unless you are drinking gallons of carbonated water a day its fine

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

raton posted:

Do yourselves a favor and get with the times

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZZ93346/

Does this actually do the ti89 ti92 poo poo I used in college? For 15 bucks instead of 90? It are you fudging me

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wendigee posted:

Does this actually do the ti89 ti92 poo poo I used in college? For 15 bucks instead of 90? It are you fudging me

Its not a CAS and it doesn't do graphing and it's light on matrices (max of 4x4 for most functions) so no it doesnt cover all the 89/92 stuff

It does do anything numeric in a better, more intuitive way and the formulas look like they're formulas instead of having a million nested parentheses

It has an equation solver, a spreadsheet, several table functions, can evaluate integrals and derivatives numerically, has the probability distributions you need, can handle complex numbers, etc. If you ask it a radians question it will give the answer as "1/4 pi" or whatever instead of some shithouse decimal, same with most other things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RYmCBZTKmk

They do have a CAS / graphing one of course but I'm waiting for the next gen on that before I consider buying it, for anything nonumeric I usually prefer using something on the computer like Wolfram Alpha or Mathematica

raton fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 20, 2018

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Can't play drug wars on it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I'll have to fill out a request for those Mozarella and Kale chicken burgers next time I am there then, those things were great for those of us trying to eat healthy.

The spindrift water was pretty good for 2 flavors, but the lemon was terrible. I'll have to check for the kirkland.

To be clear, the Kirkland bubbly water is plain, no flavors. I prefer it that way, but if you want something flavored you'll need to add your own.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I like Spindrift, but I don't like that they changed the variety pack a while back. Grapefruit is OK, but my least favorite. I miss the cucumber flavor. I thought it would have a hint of flavor, but no. It's like you are drinking a cucumber. Like a wizard cast a spell on a cucumber and just turned it into a liquid (and inserted some bubbles too).

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Seltzer and carbonated poo poo is fine as long as it's not full of sugar. Just another fear mongering campaign by BIG DENTIST. Just be careful with Spindrift since they use actual fruit juice so there's about 1-3g of sugar per can. It's all about Polar anyways.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats a fancy rear end costco

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Does the ferris wheel take you inside the warehouse??? :monocle:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It’s not part of Costco sadly

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tim Whatley posted:

Just be careful with Spindrift since they use actual fruit juice

Those mother fuckers!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Is there a lot of chinamen in your Costco or preppers or what

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

raton posted:

chinamen

not preferred nomenclature

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
We're talking about people that like little red bags full of gold here

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

raton posted:

We're talking about people that like little red bags full of gold here

I mean who doesn't

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I mean who doesn't

The Irish want green bags

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m more of a sack with a dollar sign kind of guy

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Melbourne?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

therobit posted:

Just imagine being this dude lol

binge crotching posted:

To be clear, the Kirkland bubbly water is plain, no flavors. I prefer it that way, but if you want something flavored you'll need to add your own.

The Kirkland bubbly water I saw at the wedding had multiple flavors, it was just straight up Costco La Croix.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
There's also a flat of 24 half-liter plastic bottles of Kirkland-brand Italian sparkling water, maybe he's thinking of that?

The one you saw at the wedding comes in a flat of 32 cans - 12 lemon, 12 lime, 8 grapefruit. And you can absolutely taste the fruit.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I love the really, really high-end Costco poo poo.

Diamonds get wild, though, like you can get a 3 ct. diamond from Costco.com for $30,000 and then all of a sudden it's off to the races and you're paying $700K for a 4.5 ct.

I wonder what currency is, because a kilo of gold should only cost you $40K.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I love the really, really high-end Costco poo poo.

Diamonds get wild, though, like you can get a 3 ct. diamond from Costco.com for $30,000 and then all of a sudden it's off to the races and you're paying $700K for a 4.5 ct.

I wonder what currency is, because a kilo of gold should only cost you $40K.

Blow Dane Cook is from down undah

Where they also have Costco

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Yep. And ABC Bullion is also from Aus

I have read before that the expensive display case items are replicas. They keep the good poo poo in the vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Found a sack of tamales in the fridge section last night.

They were solid. You can get better from that tamale guy at work but still good.