Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The chicken thing has happened before. Keep the faith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!
My church had a sign apologizing for a temporary interruption in their chicken supply, offering up standard grocery style chicken packaging as a temporary solution.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Doesn't really matter where you get it. Any chicken less expensive then 10 bucks a pound came from an animal whose legs broke under its own perverse weight and just sort of slid around a floor caked in 6 inches of feces and dead animals.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Virigoth posted:

If they changed the frozen single wrapped chicken breasts we riot.

The chicken is back to normal.

Can we still riot?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Big Data posted:

Doesn't really matter where you get it. Any chicken less expensive then 10 bucks a pound came from an animal whose legs broke under its own perverse weight and just sort of slid around a floor caked in 6 inches of feces and dead animals.

badass

pbuc

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Big Data posted:

Uh, not quite but sorta yeah

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Big Data posted:

Do you perform at Bar Mitzvahs?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarsellusWallace posted:

My church had a sign apologizing for a temporary interruption in their chicken supply

I remember hearing someone mention that Costco was working on building their own chicken farms because it's apparently really hard for them to source decent quality chicken in large quantities.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Bummey posted:

The chicken is back to normal.

Can we still riot?

No, we forgive and forget over a dog.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My poultry doesn’t skip leg day and neither do I.
PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Big Data posted:

10 bucks a pound. We getting steak for 7.99 a lb. Are you telling jokes or did you come to spread vegan heresy in a holy place?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

10 bucks a pound. We getting steak for 7.99 a lb. Are you telling jokes or did you come to spread vegan heresy in a holy place?

Cattle farms are basically the same except for beef.

:911:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Shame on you for paying $20/lb for king crab legs don't you know king crabs have been plucked from their arctic kingdoms and crushed by the weight of crab serfdom

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I wouldn’t say $10/lb is the threshold, but it’s close. My folks raise meat birds on a very small scale and they sell for approximately $7-8/lb. They are raised and fed outdoors (and get moved around the farm)and have pretty good lives up until they are killed. Places that raise them on a scale like Costco buys them at? It’s pretty horrific and the chickens are not treated well. Beef is a little different, but not a lot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Big Data posted:

an animal whose legs broke under its own perverse weight and just sort of slid around a floor caked in 6 inches of feces and dead animals.

wow don't make it personal; i'm working on myself

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Aww yiss, got the Costco PJs for Christmas

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Data posted:

I have never in my life even seen chicken even close to that price. That includes Super Organic Local Non-GMO Free Range Personally Massaged Spoke with Professional Therapist chickens.

Do you literally buy your chicken from a chicken producing deity that lives next door to you? Raising your own chickens and giving them daily blow jobs is probably cheaper than that.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have never in my life even seen chicken even close to that price. That includes Super Organic Local Non-GMO Free Range Personally Massaged Spoke with Professional Therapist chickens.

Do you literally buy your chicken from a chicken producing deity that lives next door to you? Raising your own chickens and giving them daily blow jobs is probably cheaper than that.

There's a place near me that charges $13 for a dozen eggs. Their chicken price is over $10 per pound. I've never bought it but, yeah, sometimes even chicken can be expensive depending on how it's raised.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Holy poo poo. Eggs are like $2 a dozen here.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol @ paying more than $1 an egg

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The 5 dozen pack of kirkland brown eggs is ridiculously, ludicrously cheap for what you get. It's like $12 or something.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I bought the package with 6 different meats in it. Also the cheese party pack that was on sale. Christmas gonna be lit

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I would absolutely be willing to pay into a ration system that ensures ethical treatment of animals from birth to harvest and spreads the sustainable yields out among everyone but lol at the idea that the ethical solution is rich people get animals products and poors don't. Having enough money to throwdown on meat doesn't actually make it more moral if you're eating the same amount it's just a cowardly way of saying you deserve it when others don't.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Organic free range eggs directly from a small farmer are less than $6 a dozen.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

freaking libs don't want you to eat meat, folks. you heard it from the something awful forums. they want chicken to be jerked off and cummed on from birth (by illegals) and thus 15 dollars per pound. easy to pay for when you LEECH off of the american taxpayer to the tune of 100 billion dollars per year. the rest of us can only afford soy, which makes us GAY. if that's not what you want then you better vote TRUMP my friends. eat chickens, eat beef, stay straight. build the wall. gently caress nancy pelosi and chuck schumer.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i love egg

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

He’s just bragging about being ripped off by some enterprising chicken farmer.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

These chips are truly blessed with my homemade clam dip. And I just wanted to participate in the $10/lb meat chat.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It is extreme performative wokeness to be concerned about the welfare of dumb birds while people suffer all over the world, hth

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Peachfart posted:

It is extreme performative wokeness to be concerned about the welfare of dumb birds while people suffer all over the world, hth

Am I allowed to only care about one thing? Because I’d choose the welfare of animals over the welfare of humans every day of the week. But I care about both. I don’t want anything to live in lovely conditions.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I mean when your priority list involves pricing out poor people from poultry then yeah it's fair to say you're not doing a super good job of juggling which issue to care about when.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

El Jebus posted:

Am I allowed to only care about one thing? Because I’d choose the welfare of animals over the welfare of humans every day of the week. But I care about both. I don’t want anything to live in lovely conditions.

I refuse to believe this is a real post

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

El Jebus posted:

Yup, dumb birds and homeless/starving people. Basically the same thing

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The power of Costco and the strength of the great deal is what brings us together, folks. It's the reason for the season(ing). Let's shake hands and put our politics aside as we rejoice in the power of capital to bring us high quality goods for rock bottom prices. Amen.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Heh cock politics. I just pay a little more so what I'm eating didn't bathe in poo poo. Costco meat has a good price point but its quality is pretty suspect.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

freaking libs don't want you to eat meat, folks. you heard it from the something awful forums. they want chicken to be jerked off and cummed on from birth (by illegals) and thus 15 dollars per pound. easy to pay for when you LEECH off of the american taxpayer to the tune of 100 billion dollars per year. the rest of us can only afford soy, which makes us GAY. if that's not what you want then you better vote TRUMP my friends. eat chickens, eat beef, stay straight. build the wall. gently caress nancy pelosi and chuck schumer.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm doing my part in ending chicken pain by eating them

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bummey posted:

There's a place near me that charges $13 for a dozen eggs. Their chicken price is over $10 per pound. I've never bought it but, yeah, sometimes even chicken can be expensive depending on how it's raised.

Those eggs are more expensive than any egg I've ever seen

I mean here's an article form Eataly, which is an Italian themed botique supermarket in Manhattan that basically functions on selling only bullshit that can support the most ludicrous markups

https://www.eataly.com/us_en/magazine/eataly-stories/pullet-eggs/

tldr: Eggs laid by pasture raised heritage breed hens less than a year old for only a few weeks of their life, which are only available seasonally, which have a developed and saleable reputation as being the best egg you could possibly eat, and which are being sold in a store that can and happily will do a 10x markup from their buying costs in one of the wealthiest few square miles in the world, are being sold for $4.20 a dozen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

raton posted:

Those eggs are more expensive than any egg I've ever seen

I mean here's an article form Eataly, which is an Italian themed botique supermarket in Manhattan that basically functions on selling only bullshit that can support the most ludicrous markups

https://www.eataly.com/us_en/magazine/eataly-stories/pullet-eggs/

tldr: Eggs laid by pasture raised heritage breed hens less than a year old for only a few weeks of their life, which are only available seasonally, which have a developed and saleable reputation as being the best egg you could possibly eat, and which are being sold in a store that can and happily will do a 10x markup from their buying costs in one of the wealthiest few square miles in the world, are being sold for $4.20 a dozen.

That ad copy, jesus. Pullet eggs are eaten by the farmer because they are too small to sell, not because they are better tasting. I have hens and the eggs they were producing as pullets weren't noticeably different in flavor than what they are producing now, just smaller. Still a lot better than the supermarket eggs though.