Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I think it would be the sodium that would be the true danger. That’s like a cup of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

moolchaba posted:

Happened to be driving by the stco, popped in with 20 min till closing and went DIRECTLY to the food court. Ordered 1 brisket sandwich, 1 cheese slice, 1 dog, and 1 churro.

Brisket sandwich was good, but would have preferred the brisket to be more savory (it was slightly sweet), they pack it with coleslaw which is already sweet enough. Still good.

Cheese slice was a tad dry, but it was end of day so I'll give a pass on that. When it's fresher, I eat the crust, but not today. OH NO.

Dog was PERFECT. Slathered that thing with deli mustard, tad ketchup, tad relish and -GLORY BE- they had little containers of sauerkraut, so heaped on some of that.

Churro was a disaster. A loving DISASTER. HOLY MOTHER FUCKER. Like eating pizza crust that was dumped in a sand dune. I ate half of that abomination and washed my mouth out with my last refill of lemonade.

I can't tell you how many times I've just gone to the food court and never bought anything in the store.

i cannot hate or make fun of this post.

never half-rear end anything.

and eating all that will definitely make for a full-rear end!

HHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I only ate half the churro you JERKS!

e: JERKS

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 19, 2019

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

moolchaba posted:

I only ate half the churro you JERKS!

e: JERKS

u are loved fellow costco bro.

do u think i havent shoved half a combo pizza into my face in one sitting before? how dare you.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

https://twitter.com/noahreservation/status/1107780406298853376

click through and read the thread!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if u dont like shin ramen black gently caress you

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Chinatown posted:

if u dont like shin ramen black gently caress you

Samyang 4 lyfe, FIGHT ME!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How to eat 10,000 calories in 20 minutes or less challenge.

The food comes in bulk and so does my rear end. I see no problem.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

On the one hand this man should be writing ad copy for Costco. On the :tinfoil: hand perhaps he already is.

When can I buy a 24 pack of his tweets printed out?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

This owns, both heartwearming and terrifying at the same time

wanna try that ramen too, we don't get that here. The Udon bowls are good but hella packaging intensive

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

priznat posted:

This owns, both heartwearming and terrifying at the same time

wanna try that ramen too, we don't get that here. The Udon bowls are good but hella packaging intensive

Def try Shin. It comes in packets too. The stuff in the photo is Shin Black, but the regular stuff is also good. lots of largest grocery stores carry it

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Is it just me or do the imported Shins taste different from the domestic Shins?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

durrneez posted:

I think it does, but I've never bothered to schlep instant ramen to and fro to compare.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Best ramen bowls are the ones in the freezer section with real veggies and meat, so so good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

durrneez posted:

*whispers into your ear*

its made in Rancho Cucamonga, California

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
It looks like my local Costco stopped carrying Brazilian Cheese Bread in the freezer aisle :(

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Chinatown posted:

*whispers into your ear*

its made in Rancho Cucamonga, California

¡Que exotico!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

For instant noodles they are pretty good, but that isn't a very high bar.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Just woke up. Had a dream about the brisket sandwich. I was told to give it another try. Peace.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What ever happened to the self checkout scanners you'd use when you dropped poo poo in your cart?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

moolchaba posted:

Just woke up. Had a dream about the brisket sandwich. I was told to give it another try. Peace.

I mean, you gotta eat something right? That something might as well be at Costco.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

moolchaba posted:

:burger:

I can't stop buying veggie platters from costco. 9 bux for like 4 lbs of random veggies and Hidden Valley Ranch!? Whatta deal. I can eat a whole tray.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Best ramen bowls are the ones in the freezer section with real veggies and meat, so so good.

This is the truth. We always keep a few boxes in the freezer.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mykroft posted:

It looks like my local Costco stopped carrying Brazilian Cheese Bread in the freezer aisle :(

Boo! Honestly though, if you're talking about the Brazi bites, the price at the co wasn't that great. (And they always seem to be on sale at the grocery store anyway).

I was super-bummed on Sunday. We made a trip there, and I went looking for that cinnamon roll pull-apart bread that someone posted earlier in the thread and was a little bit crushed that I didn't find it.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

pnumoman posted:

I think it does, but I've never bothered to schlep instant ramen to and fro to compare.

I think they kept on with recipe changes in korea but stayed conservative in the us

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

SirPablo posted:

What ever happened to the self checkout scanners you'd use when you dropped poo poo in your cart?
I haven’t seen those at my store yet, but they did try having a few self-checkout lanes. They got rid of them after a year because people stole too much stuff :(

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Mykroft posted:

If you are talking about brazi bites (pão de queijo), please give making your own a try! I did this a few months ago and they taste so good with relatively simple steps to follow. The two biggest things are finding the tapioca flour and having to cut yourself off from adding more cheese (but go on, add a bunch, it only makes it better).

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ragedx posted:

is it ever possible to go to Costco and just buy one item?
I can't seem to do it and most times its well over 100.00

The parking and checkout is such a task you have to make it worth it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i buy these, often during winter, because its nice to have a quick cheap warming bowl of salt n poo poo when you're sick or its a rainy day and you don't want to grab lunch from the office. they're pretty good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is there such a thing as a low sodium ramen or would it just be akin to eating wet cardboard?

Sodium is the big thing that usually makes me go “nahh” and put it back when I check the nutritional info and it has 80% of my recommended daily intake for half a bowl or whatever.

When I do cave and get it I just use half the soup mix though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, I usually just use less of the soup packet or only take a few sips of the soup and toss the rest of it out. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, unless you have some specific medical reason to watch your sodium intake. The shin black comes with two packets, a spicy one and a flavor pack. You could probably just use more of the hot packet i guess.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Shin Ramyun is cool except for it being 600 goddamn calories.

That is like anything at the food court except the smoothie though so Costco is dangerous to a guy trying to lose this last 20. :negative:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

priznat posted:

Is there such a thing as a low sodium ramen or would it just be akin to eating wet cardboard?
It's mostly the flavor packet that's full of salt, isn't it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

It's mostly the flavor packet that's full of salt, isn't it?

I imagine so, so yeah I don’t drink the soup and don’t use the whole packet. I worry about too much sodium and sugar vs too much fat

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Costco Fries in Montgoeryville, PA store Dog, drink, and fries for $2.92

The holy Costco fryer and french fry staging area

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Do they double fry the fries? That could be their secret to good-rear end fries/poutine

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Peachfart posted:

My wife gets the shin black ramen from asian marts near us, and then dumps a whole bunch of fresh veggies in with it.

She'll get a big pot, open up two packs of ramen into it, dump a ton of broccoli, mushrooms and whatever random veggies, crack an egg or two in there, and then we just split it straight out of the pot.

Good comfort food. I just wish costco had the plain packs of it, and not the cups.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Peachfart posted:

Can I get a picture so I know what to look for? I don’t think I’ve seen them at my Costco.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Ravendas posted:

My wife gets the shin black ramen from asian marts near us, and then dumps a whole bunch of fresh veggies in with it.

She'll get a big pot, open up two packs of ramen into it, dump a ton of broccoli, mushrooms and whatever random veggies, crack an egg or two in there, and then we just split it straight out of the pot.

Good comfort food. I just wish costco had the plain packs of it, and not the cups.

You should consider getting into hot pot if you have a real deal asian market nearby. It's so drat good, and low carb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Heartbreaking

No shin at my costco

:negative: