Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Question: are all the component ingredients of the food court items available for purchase from Costco? I'm thinking specifically of cheese curds for my fellow Canadians. I've never seen curds at Costco but maybe I've just missed them or they're in only certain locations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Our Costco has started carrying wahoo for $9.99 a pound. It is a gorgeous game fish that makes really good sushi/fish tacos/pretty much whatever you want, and 10 bucks a pound is... really, really good. Like head-scratchingly cheap, even for costco.

Also goes by the name Ono.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Question: are all the component ingredients of the food court items available for purchase from Costco? I'm thinking specifically of cheese curds for my fellow Canadians. I've never seen curds at Costco but maybe I've just missed them or they're in only certain locations?

I’ve seen them, I don’t know if they’re the same as the food court ones.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Today I went out to Costco and was greeted with the worst news of all!

The substitutes were ok but typical stuff you'd get from the deli. I feel like my world has been turned upside down.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Original_Z posted:

The substitutes were ok but typical stuff you'd get from the deli. I feel like my world has been turned upside down.

Shameful.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Here the local food court was simply closed while they did renovations. We drove to the next city over for two months until the construction was finished.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Throw me into the fires of Hades, but I rarely, if never, visit the food court because I am an impatient rear end in a top hat who just doesn't want to deal with standing in line for 10 minutes.

I remember going twice in the past 2 years and once was because I was waiting for tire service.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

pacerhimself posted:

Throw me into the fires of Hades, but I rarely, if never, visit the food court because I am an impatient rear end in a top hat who just doesn't want to deal with standing in line for 10 minutes.

I remember going twice in the past 2 years and once was because I was waiting for tire service.

Costco needs to add Food Court ordering to the app

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Original_Z posted:

those replacement items look great and i would try them all

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pacerhimself posted:

i'm honestly the same way. but i usually go really early at the butt-crack of dawn when they first open the doors on a Sat/Sun and i'm not really hungry in the morning.

in the rare case i do go later, i get to a checkout and then see/get caught in a giant labyrinth of carts and people lined up at the FC abutting into the registers (the food court is adjacent beyond the registers but the room to pull your cart through the register and food court line leaves barely enough room for a cart to squeak by, its an awful design) and i just go, 'eh nah i've got cold poo poo to put in the car' albeit it is sometimes not too bad if you pre-order at the cashier but still

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
picked up one of those memory foam pillows this morning and tried it out at home. its great. thanks costco.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

At the pump right now and gas here is $2.66 for regular... insane, nearly filled my Camry tank on just $25

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sittin in the costco parking lot rn, dippin sourdough into the kirkland pesto jar

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Fucken eh Costco

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I don't know what that is, but I want it.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Moey posted:

I don't know what that is, but I want it.

It looks like a giant can of the stuff that comes in the packet of the mac n cheese box. PBUC.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There's a place in Kansas City that makes loose meat sandwiches and uses that as the cheese.

It's... not good for you.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

uli2000 posted:

It looks like a giant can of the stuff that comes in the packet of the mac n cheese box. PBUC.

That was my guess. I now require it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sittin in the costco parking lot rn, dippin sourdough into the kirkland pesto jar

This guy gets it

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

No Butt Stuff posted:

There's a place in Kansas City that makes loose meat sandwiches and uses that as the cheese.

It's... not good for you.

Now I'm intrigued. What's the place called?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was at my friend's parent's house yesterday and I was proselytizing the good word of Costco. They currently have a Sam's club membership but they're both pretty liberal and I was mentioning how they treat their workers which his dad said he heard that they were paid well. Talked about the dogs, the credit card, etc. They were pretty impressed and liked how Sinegal basically tells his shareholders what's up instead of the other way around.

I really like what someone said in this thread before. Costco is capitalism done right.

I feel like I did my part to spread the joy.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

pnumoman posted:

Maid-Rite is a MO thing that does loose meat. Its not very good or charming imo.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was at my friend's parent's house yesterday and I was proselytizing the good word of Costco. They currently have a Sam's club membership but they're both pretty liberal and I was mentioning how they treat their workers which his dad said he heard that they were paid well. Talked about the dogs, the credit card, etc. They were pretty impressed and liked how Sinegal basically tells his shareholders what's up instead of the other way around.

I really like what someone said in this thread before. Costco is capitalism done right.

I feel like I did my part to spread the joy.

How's the no drinking and losing weight thing going bro

I'm all about that normandy veg + chicken breast grind right now

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Clavavisage posted:

Maid-Rite is a MO thing that does loose meat. Its not very good or charming imo.

Midwest thing really. It’s loving hamburger chopped up instead of patties. Lol I’ve never understood the fascination

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Toxic Mental posted:

costco sells a big bag of frozen cauliflower rice too fyi. fry that up in a sautee pan and toss on roasted normandy veggies and broiled chicken breast and :discourse: for a good no-carb meal.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

pnumoman posted:

In-a-tub

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

Eh, had a bad week but I'll be back on track. Just got to get to the gym more and keep momentum going once I have it. I really want to try that chickpea pasta and possibly that cauliflower rice. I hate it but I'm not a fan of rice. Gotta be one of the only people on the planet that doesn't like rice. Unless it's sticky rice with some soy sauce. Might be interesting to try another type. I also want to try zucchini noddles but that would require me buying a spiralizer. I'll get it at a restaurant sometime if I ever see it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 30, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Eh, had a bad week but I'll be back on track. Just got to get to the gym more and keep momentum going once I have it. I really want to try that chickpea pasta and possibly that cauliflower rice. I hate it but I'm not a fan of rice. Gotta be one of the only people on the planet that doesn't like rice. Unless it's sticky rice with some soy sauce. Might be interesting to try another type. I also want to try zucchini noddles but that would require me buying a spiralizer. I'll get it at a restaurant sometime if I ever see it.

Spiralizers are pretty cheap, the hand versions are less than 20bucks. Pretty much the only way I eat zucchini.

Even the ones that clamp on the counter and have a crank aren’t bad price wise and are a lot easier/faster to use.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Got some costco mash taters, a Cesar salad and a pack of Rib eye. Grillin up some STEAKs today. No bitching sauce in sight tho. :smith:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Got some costco mash taters, a Cesar salad and a pack of Rib eye. Grillin up some STEAKs today. No bitching sauce in sight tho. :smith:

You can check on bitchin sauce's website to see if your church will have it. It's mostly so-cal.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco Saturday AND Sunday

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Dear god why?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

He is a holy man.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Had to get some stuff for yesterday and a friend came over today and they are going to a village in Africa they worked in for a few years and they wanted to get some supplies to bring to the village.

They don't have a Costco membership

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

A couple weeks ago as my wife and I were leaving,the receipt checker said "see you tomorrow"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Let's all pitch in and get that village a Costco membership.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

TheManWithNoName posted:

A couple weeks ago as my wife and I were leaving,the receipt checker said "see you tomorrow"

Our receipt checker definitely recognizes me. He's been the checker probably 80% of the time for the three years we've been going

E: our Costco is also only about a 15 min drive and near the other grocery store so it's not hard to get to.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

TheManWithNoName posted:

There’s an ice cream shop in my neighborhood that has been owned by the same old dude for 20+ years and he always ends each transaction with a really enthusiastic “see you tomorrow!” It’s adorable and good business.

loving love that guy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Our receipt checker definitely recognizes me. He's been the checker probably 80% of the time for the three years we've been going

E: our Costco is also only about a 15 min drive and near the other grocery store so it's not hard to get to.

I wore a metallic purple jacket on one trip to Costco back in February, and every time since, the guy at the door that checks your membership always says 'no purple jacket today?' I swear they hire people based on their people-recognizing skill.

We've been looking at apartments recently, and two places we looked at are two blocks from a Costco. I was sold on that part alone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

We've been looking at apartments recently, and two places we looked at are two blocks from a Costco. I was sold on that part alone!

And that is when you buy this

https://www.costco.com/Mac-Sports-Folding-Utility-Wagon.product.100371844.html

and your life is complete.