Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Shoulda went through with it. No Renegrets

It was a logistics thing! We were throwing a party with a catered taco bar and it was easier to just get the drat churros from the catering place since they were delivering.

The Costco ones were better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
One time I got a churro from Costco and they forgot to put the cinnamon sugar on top.

That was sure as hell not blessed I'll tell you what

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

TraderStav posted:

The hardest part is getting the cardboard out to the curb. So if that tells you anything.

Nah you just slice it all up with a box cutter and stack it up, then haul off.

And don't forget to use a new loveseat as a support and slice through that too and ruin it on the first day.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Renegret posted:

One time I got a churro from Costco and they forgot to put the cinnamon sugar on top.

Everytime I got churros at the Seattle Costco's there was almost no cinnamon sugar on them. It was like they didn't know what a churro was supposed to be.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Xaris posted:

I would consider it if it was like 1/4 that price (lol still wouldn't but if i had a mcmansion yeah sure)

What I don't get is the Kirkland brand Parmigiano Reggiano they have for $10/lb in those vac-packs (2 i think) is absolutely excellent for good Parmesan. If i'm buying 72lb of what is probably the exact same poo poo they sell divvied up in those vac-packs, I would expect the economy of scale to be a lot less than $10 a lb so like $6 a lb or something @$400.

e: This stuff. its even aged the same with the same rind-labelling so yeah, getting ripped off vs just buying 70 of these

Your paying a premium to open up the 72 pound wheel of cheese for the first time.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Has anyone ordered hella pizzas from Costco before? I need about 20 pizzas by Friday and I was wondering if I can place an order a few days in advanced.

NVM just called in an order for 20 PIzzzaaaaaaas. Lady seemed unfazed by the amount. Idk how many times a week someone calls in an order for double digits amounts of pizza.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Now that's a blessed photo if I ever saw one

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Costco Hotdogs good.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Just got a Costco membership for first time in my life

What do I need to know?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
A lack of self control and a high credit limit.

Ohh I thought that said what do I need now.

Uhh don't shop hungry?
If you're not sure you can use all of somethung before it goes bad, you can't.
Make sure you have room for what you buy.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 5, 2019

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

When you're going to get samples, pretend you're getting one for someone else, that way you can get two samples. And then you eat them both yourself. No one loves you.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I live in Puerto Rico. I incidentally signed up on my first visit the Sunday that hurricane Dorian was announced as heading towards the island.

The place was complete mayhem and there was like a one mile long line to buy bottled water. So that's basically my first impression

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Ohh one more, if you see something you like thats not food and you don't buy it, you'll never see it again.

And when you impulse buy something and you're unsure about it, it'll be there forever.

And if the price ends in .97 it's on last clearance.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Oh hey it's new coupon day.

The deals look kind of wack this month depending on what you're buying, BUT baby bells are on sale which I always stock up on.

Other good stuff: sprouted pumpkin seeds (super healthy and good tasting) and pirates booty.

Taima fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 5, 2019

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

StormDrain posted:

Ohh one more, if you see something you like thats not food and you don't buy it, you'll never see it again.

And when you impulse buy something and you're unsure about it, it'll be there forever.

And if the price ends in .97 it's on last clearance.

I saw something that said the little asterisk on a price label means they won't stock it again, regardless of price. Confirm/deny?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Kind of. It means that there are no plans to reorder once stock is out, so you're right there. However they do sometimes decide to reorder something again at a later date.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

When you're going to get samples, pretend you're getting one for someone else, that way you can get two samples. And then you eat them both yourself. No one loves you.

There are two kinds of people, those that get samples and those who take a principled, clear stand against their tyranny. Sorry I'm not trying to get run over by a mobility scooter.

"In other news, a man today was crushed in a freak scooter accident at Milpitas Costco, trying to... *checks notes* grab a 1 inch slice of waffle and syrup. Suspect is still large"

Taima fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 5, 2019

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

StormDrain posted:

This has happened to me too many times

I tell myself I'll get it next week when I go to Costco. It's never there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

I got a churro from another place and they put salt on it. It was aah, pretty foul.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Samples are cool and good like ketchup and dogs, and have lead to me purchasing products I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. I just have my SO stand with the cart a ways off and I shark my way in and out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Get a dog and soda (with free refill) before you do your shopping so you are less tempted and also aren't clogging up the food court with a cart.

or maybe go buck wild and get a slice of 'za

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Coredump posted:

cool and good like ketchup

:nono:

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.
The Costco closest to me is Pentagon City, and other than being a truly eclectic mix of folks and an absolute madhouse 100% of the time, they sell chocolate Pentagons and chocolate Capitol buildings.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Slack Lagoon posted:

This has happened to me too many times

I tell myself I'll get it next week when I go to Costco. It's never there.

I was lusting after a automotive jack for weeks, maybe months and the day I went to buy it they were out. They looked it up and there were a few available across town, so don't give up!

I've bought a few things that are on mega clearance, like they have three left and just put the prices directly on them and now I search those out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The spices at Costco are a real good deal too.

Yeah they are huge loving containers but the price is right and you'll use it all eventually anyway.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I got a churro from another place and they put salt on it. It was aah, pretty foul.

what in the gently caress

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should I eat the Costco desk cookie?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Should I eat the Costco desk cookie?

Spray it with CO2 first from that hose or w/e

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I didn't eat it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I eat a Costco dog about 3 times a week, lord provide. I load that poo poo up with mustard and onions, aaand also ketchup. I grew up from a tiny kid being given ketchup with my hotdogs.

:shrug: it's like if someone told me that Actually, cheese doesn't go with hamburgers. I wouldn't stop doing it anyway.

Also got an entire pallet of resellable boiled peeled eggs today - going to pickle half of them and use the rest as breakfast. Convenience.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Get a dog and soda (with free refill) before you do your shopping so you are less tempted and also aren't clogging up the food court with a cart.

or maybe go buck wild and get a slice of 'za

This is the real pro move. Hit the food court first, then browse at your leisure with a communion dog squatting in your belly. Samples strictly to try out potential purchases.

Embrace harmony. PBUC

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

TheAardvark posted:

I eat a Costco dog about 3 times a week, lord provide. I load that poo poo up with mustard and onions, aaand also ketchup. I grew up from a tiny kid being given ketchup with my hotdogs.

:shrug: it's like if someone told me that Actually, cheese doesn't go with hamburgers. I wouldn't stop doing it anyway.

Also got an entire pallet of resellable boiled peeled eggs today - going to pickle half of them and use the rest as breakfast. Convenience.

Ketchup not going on hot dogs is a dumb position perpetuated entirely by fat Chicagoans that need to feel prideful about something. I would never put them on a Chicago Dog (that's what the tomato slices are for) but a regular old hot dog without all the other fixins, gimme that ketchup and mustard.

Go to the food court in the Costco on the north side of Chicago and EVERYONE is putting mustard/ketchup/maybe onions on their dogs.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I bought some neat wifi enabled lightbulbs from Costco and now my downstairs den is pimped out with awesome lighting I can control with my phone! Forget dimness, I can change the colour to whatever I want, and they even have a “party” setting whereby they flash random colours! Welcome to the future!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The China food court menu looks decent, although I'm not sure how good the clam chowder would actually be.

(not my picture, because no loving way am I going to Shanghai in the summer)

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Pewdiepie posted:

Your paying a premium to open up the 72 pound wheel of cheese for the first time.

I picked up a wedge of the smoked Gouda last week and it's awesome. My son keeps putting it on everything.

Also had the the gigantic chocolate cake they sell here for my birthday cake. I think we could have fed a small army with it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

The China food court menu looks decent, although I'm not sure how good the clam chowder would actually be.

Pork hot dog, not 100% all beef? No drink refill?

Would still get the dog & drink, PBUC.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I want that mango soft serve.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuck SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Pisssssssssssssssssssss.gif

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

That's what happens when you get tasked with ordering for a company party and the budget is $6 a person. That actually happened to my fiancee earlier this year.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

binge crotching posted:

I'm envious of the fact they get access to both chicken and bulgolgi bakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
By my count that is 6 stacks of 15 pizzas, or only $900 worth. Might buy that just for the experience