Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

are the black baby bells good? I always buy the red ones when they're on sale

i have em, yeah i like em. they're a harder cheese and taste more white cheddar cheese-like than the very soft nebulous vaguely-cheese flavor of the regular bells. otoh not everyone likes just eating plain ol' hunk of cheese by itself either so it's kinda up to your preference. reg bells are probably better if you want a snack that's not overly like eating a block of cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

:siren: Costco Membership Deal :siren:

Groupon.com offers a 1-Year Costco Gold Star Membership + $20 Costco Shop Card + Exclusive Coupons for just $60.

As part of this exclusive offer, new members receive:
  • A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership, which includes a membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone over the age of 18 and living at the same address.
  • A $20 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
  • Exclusive coupons for the following products ($68.98 value*):
  • Free Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean HE Laundry Detergent Pacs ($17.99 value)
  • Free Kirkland Signature Create-a-SizeŽ Paper Towels ($15.99 value)
  • $10 off Fresh Meat (beef, chicken, pork, or fish; excludes deli items)
  • $25 off an order of $250+ on Costco.com
Must redeem your voucher by December 31, 2019 for a Costco Membership Activation Certificate, and bring your printed Costco Membership Activation Certificate to a U.S. Costco location by January 31, 2020.
Note: Valid for New Costco Members only (or memberships that have expired prior to May 1, 2019.
Note: To qualify for the package incentives, new members must sign up for auto-renewal of the Costco membership. If a member elects not to sign up for auto-renewal, incentives will not be mailed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xaris posted:

otoh not everyone likes just eating plain ol' hunk of cheese by itself

Who are these people I demand names

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
My Costco has Nandos Peri Peri sauce! Gonna have some kick rear end wings!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xaris posted:

i have em, yeah i like em. they're a harder cheese and taste more white cheddar cheese-like than the very soft nebulous vaguely-cheese flavor of the regular bells. otoh not everyone likes just eating plain ol' hunk of cheese by itself either so it's kinda up to your preference. reg bells are probably better if you want a snack that's not overly like eating a block of cheese

Oh. I usually carry a sharp cheddar in the fridge at all times, do they taste different enough to warrant the purchase?

Schmeichy posted:

I bought the Nandos Xtra Hot one time, it was pretty good but is it really better than Franks when it comes to wings?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

Oh. I usually carry a sharp cheddar in the fridge at all times, do they taste different enough to warrant the purchase?
eh if you have a sharp white cheddar you can just snack on, no not really. the only advantage is they're easier to grab on the go and unwrap later. Otherwise just slice off a chunk of good sharp white cheddar instead (the cabot white cheddar that costco sells is v good, as is the tillimook 2013 reserve brand)

Nandos kinda sucks and is overrated imo. at least when i was in NZ and went to an actual nandos back in 2013, all the sauces tasted exactly the same which was a salty vinegar with a nebulous 'spice' flavor and the chicken was kinda crappy

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
These mocha freezes are so loving good it makes me think I'm probably taking a week off my life for every one I have.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jeeves posted:

These mocha freezes are so loving good it makes me think I'm probably taking a week off my life for every one I have.

do you tell them to hold the syrup

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Went to Wednesday night service at church tonight, PBUC.

After work really is the best time to go, only one person in front of me in line at checkout and it was an older woman buying a watermelon. That's it. I was honestly stunned by her self control, I just went for a vat of coconut oil but if course I left with $100+ of poo poo.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

shovelbum posted:

I probably should. Maybe I'll get an extra few days out of life in whatever post-Costco blasted hellscape we will all inherit.

Come to think of it, that life is probably not worth living :[

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

These things are amazing; like Almond Joys, but with actually good chocolate. I limit myself to only taking two, because I could probably demolish the entire bag otherwise.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MarcusSA posted:

I've never had the sauce before but I have family coming on from England and I am going to introduce them to the sauce.

If they don't like it I'm probably gonna get them deported.

Boil the poo poo out of it!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Schmeichy posted:

Do they have the chili garlic sauce as well? Nando sauce just came to my local grocery store and gotta say, I'm a fan too.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jeeves posted:

I probably should. Maybe I'll get an extra few days out of life in whatever post-Costco blasted hellscape we will all inherit.

Come to think of it, that life is probably not worth living :[

It's more than sugary enough without it, you should try it that way.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Some dicks cut me off leaving the parking lot and their trunk was open. They had two pizzas and a bunch of pastries. I did the kind thing and honked at them until they realized how dumb they were.

Shouldn't have done anything and taken the pizza when it fell out

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Some dicks cut me off leaving the parking lot and their trunk was open. They had two pizzas and a bunch of pastries. I did the kind thing and honked at them until they realized how dumb they were.

If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your hot dog with free refill, do not withhold your combo slice as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

parking lot pizza is the best free pizza.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Fashionably Great posted:

My cat only snuggles with me if a sherpa is involved. Looking forward to buying my annual blanket since the fleece goes all clumpy after a while. I was holding off until there was a sale.

If it gets all clumpy just shave it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s just a little grimy, it’s still good! It’s still good!!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fashionably Great posted:

My cat only snuggles with me if a sherpa is involved. Looking forward to buying my annual blanket since the fleece goes all clumpy after a while. I was holding off until there was a sale.

I already have a blanket my cat loves but for ten dollars... Maybe I need two.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Taima posted:

They're fine, but if your Costco has them, the Tillamoos are much better.

Posting from the couch with a cat on the sherpa in my lap, checks out.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I pair my Costco babybels with a Costco V8 - it's like a mini low carb pizza ;)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

parking lot pizza is the best free pizza.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

They're fine, but if your Costco has them, the Tillamoos are much better.

Those things are the perfect bite sized bits of cheese, the only downside is how much packaging they have with each individually wrapped bite of cheese.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Folks, I am now a member of the Sherpa blanket club.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

keevo posted:

Folks, I am now a member of the Sherpa blanket club.

welcome friend

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

shovelbum posted:

They used to offer plain frozen coffee as well as frozen mocha too with no syrup at all, but they got rid of it sometime in the past year. I think the frozen mocha without syrup is still too sweet :(.

Bring back the frozen coffee!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Costco has failed me twice today.

One, how can they not have sherpa pants to go with the sherpa hoodie? I need my bottom to be toasty too.

Two, ECLIPSE ABSOLUTE ZERO TOTAL BLACKOUT curtains are not blackout curtains. The defining feature of blackout curtains is that they're completely opaque to block 100% of the light and black out the room. These are like tissue paper, actually has tiny pinprick holes in the fabric so light streams in through my shaded afternoon backyard.

I'm having a crisis of faith :negative:

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 19, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The Slack Lagoon posted:

they may be jerks but they're still your 'co brother

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

East Asia Costco update.

The costco I frequent out in 광명 now has a create a taco kit with chicken, a pace level hot sauce, limes, and some type of ranch. Trip report; not great.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
That that it matters to anyone not fron southern California, but, Costco is gonna be stocking 24pks of a few local craft beer spots real soon. Good beer too! :beerpal:

SecondChance and Alesmith! No more drat ballast point boxes full of god drat sculpins.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

E_P posted:

East Asia Costco update.

The costco I frequent out in 광명 now has a create a taco kit with chicken, a pace level hot sauce, limes, and some type of ranch. Trip report; not great.

The ones in the USA are also not good.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That that it matters to anyone not fron southern California, but, Costco is gonna be stocking 24pks of a few local craft beer spots real soon. Good beer too! :beerpal:

SecondChance and Alesmith! No more drat ballast point boxes full of god drat sculpins.

San Diego costco is a haven of delicious beer, unfortunately by the time they get up here to the bay area, most beers are usually pretty old, which means you basically can't buy IPAs from Costco here.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Bummey posted:

Two, ECLIPSE ABSOLUTE ZERO TOTAL BLACKOUT curtains are not blackout curtains. The defining feature of blackout curtains is that they're completely opaque to block 100% of the light and black out the room. These are like tissue paper, actually has tiny pinprick holes in the fabric so light streams in through my shaded afternoon backyard.

Eclipse has been having "didn't put the blackout layer on these blackout curtains" issues.

I went back to a (non-Costco) store to pick up an extra panel a couple months ago and the whole loving inventory had been defected back to the manufacturer. Which was good, because the ones I'd already bought were also not-blackout ECLIPSE ABSOLUTE ZERO TOTAL BLACKOUT curtains.

They make such nice curtains when they're actually made properly! :argh:

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Taima posted:

My pro tier tip on the Baby Belles: Before consuming, leave them out unrefridgerated for a bit to come up to room termp. I always ate them straight out of the fridge and while good, they were kinda bland. One day, coming home from church, we missed them while we were putting perishibles in the coolers (I live almost 4 hours from church, gotta bring the coolers and the insulated bags) and found them in the blessed box with the non perishable items. I decided to open one up to make sure it was ok. I was amazed at the creamy texture and flavor after they came to room temp. Now when we get them Ill pull them out of the fridge for an hour or so before eating them.

Turns out you're supposed to do that with lots of cheeses, I didn't know that because good Costco cheese never lasts an hour out of the fridge at my house.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

uli2000 posted:

My pro tier tip on the Baby Belles: Before consuming, leave them out unrefridgerated for a bit to come up to room termp. I always ate them straight out of the fridge and while good, they were kinda bland. One day, coming home from church, we missed them while we were putting perishibles in the coolers (I live almost 4 hours from church, gotta bring the coolers and the insulated bags) and found them in the blessed box with the non perishable items. I decided to open one up to make sure it was ok. I was amazed at the creamy texture and flavor after they came to room temp. Now when we get them Ill pull them out of the fridge for an hour or so before eating them.

Turns out you're supposed to do that with lots of cheeses, I didn't know that because good Costco cheese never lasts an hour out of the fridge at my house.

Most cheese should be served at room temperature. ESPECIALLY BRIE.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Woof. I thought my hour plus drive was horrible.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Molten Llama posted:

Eclipse has been having "didn't put the blackout layer on these blackout curtains" issues.

I went back to a (non-Costco) store to pick up an extra panel a couple months ago and the whole loving inventory had been defected back to the manufacturer. Which was good, because the ones I'd already bought were also not-blackout ECLIPSE ABSOLUTE ZERO TOTAL BLACKOUT curtains.

They make such nice curtains when they're actually made properly! :argh:

The grommets were too bulky to fit my curtain rod and the dimensions on the package were wrong, too. Not as wide or tall as stated. rip

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Product idea: crotchless Sherpa pants

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

priznat posted:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

priznat posted:

Hrm, I'm thinking more sherpa banana hamock.

I don't have balls, but if I did I bet :feelsgood: