Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So far I could afford to do that with a single $20 bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I have a bowl full of full sized candy bars to hand out, just like last year. Thank you, Costco.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

RZA Encryption posted:

I have a bowl full of full sized candy bars to hand out, just like last year. Thank you, Costco.

I used to do this but I only ever got like 6 kids and then I'd have a whole goddamn box of candy left, so this year I did little goodie bags with 5 pieces of small candy and some slime. I made 16.

I am already through all of them and my auxiliary candy is very low where the gently caress did all these kids come from.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Full size bars for big kids and adults in costume

Small candies for the little kids

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Fallom posted:

Full size bars for big kids and adults in costume

Small candies for the little kids

This is like, the opposite of what I'd do. Little kids can't hit as many houses, teens and adults can work for that sugar.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I bought some of that Taiwan #1 sweet beef jerky. It's very chewy and tastes faintly of five spice. Kinda sad for $13.50.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Dely Apple posted:

I bought some of that Taiwan #1 sweet beef jerky. It's very chewy and tastes faintly of five spice. Kinda sad for $13.50.

Weird thing to hand out for Halloween.

Were giving out the baby play doh we got at church. Some kid every year always yells back to their parents excited. Another kid remembered from last year, and its only our second Halloween here.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Went through three boxes of big bars/candy from Costco. I planned on going through 2-3, so that worked just fine. The 4th I bought just in case is unopened, and is going back soon.

Costco is great.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nobody came to my door this year but if they did they would get Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch because that's the only candy I got.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

13Pandora13 posted:

I used to do this but I only ever got like 6 kids and then I'd have a whole goddamn box of candy left, so this year I did little goodie bags with 5 pieces of small candy and some slime. I made 16.

I am already through all of them and my auxiliary candy is very low where the gently caress did all these kids come from.

They heard you gave out full-sized bars. You've failed the kids on Halloween.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I had roughly 150 kids this year and thought it was a slow night :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i went through 6 bags of costco funsized candy, 2 costco boxes of full-size bars (praise be for the sale!), a large bag of hi-chews, 2x 200 piece bag of zots, the large container of warheads, and a box of sour punch twists. i closed up about 9pm cause i ran out but then i forgot i had a whole another box stashed away, oh well.

was about the same as last year. kids go fuckign crazy for zots and warheads, it was really cute. really want to do more off the beaten path candy next year. everyone is probably already loaded with snickers and m&ms and skittles

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 1, 2019

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

I had roughly 150 kids this year and thought it was a slow night :(

I can't even imagine living somewhere that would get that many coming by.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Went through 3 bags of the mini candy that contain Twix, Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers. Gave out 3-5 candies per kid. So we got plenty of kids.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Literally did not hear my doorbell ring all night but my house is up some weird dead end hill so maybe it dis-incentivizes kids from coming up?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

They heard you gave out full-sized bars. You've failed the kids on Halloween.

I've done that for years though! I made it but barely. All kids got at least 3 pieces of candy. :ohdear:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I bought the big bag of chocolate stuff from Costco, and I gave out candy to probably 7 kids before we went out with our own kids. I left half the bag in a pan on the porch with the light on, thinking I might need to hand some out later. We ended up getting back pretty late to find out that our neighborhood kids had failed to take it all. I would have thought at some point before 10 PM some teenagers would just take everything that was left or something but nope.

Honestly it makes me want to move to a neighborhood with more kids.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

arisu posted:

Literally did not hear my doorbell ring all night but my house is up some weird dead end hill so maybe it dis-incentivizes kids from coming up?

Are you Dracula

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

Honestly it makes me want to move to a neighborhood with more kids.

It's great, until you can't get anything done because the door won't stop knocking. In the past I used to enjoy handing out candy but lately I just don't have the energy to care.

I left my MIL to hand out candy and went to bed at 7:30 (I have a 9 month old so I take sleep when you can get it). The doorbell rang nonstop all night. When I woke up for work this morning I went downstairs to steal some leftover candy to take to work and there was none left. This sucks.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
We only had two kids show up and my girlfriend, who loves Halloween was absolutely disappointed

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

We had about max 10 kids. I don't think its so much lack of local kids, but their lovely parents driving them all to "the good neighborhoods."

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
My first home was in a pretty densely packed neighborhood, we maxed out at over 1,400 kids in 2011 (would need 8 - 10 bags of the 150 All Chocolate from Costco). My new home is a little more suburban, and we still get 200 - 300 per year, although last night was a little light because the rain.

Halloween is great.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Had a kid dressed as Robespierre w mini paper guillotine. Filled w regret I didn't take a picture. Kids turning out alright

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sock The Great posted:

My first home was in a pretty densely packed neighborhood, we maxed out at over 1,400 kids in 2011 (would need 8 - 10 bags of the 150 All Chocolate from Costco). My new home is a little more suburban, and we still get 200 - 300 per year, although last night was a little light because the rain.

Halloween is great.

In a 4 hour span you saw 6 kids a minute? Straight?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Multiple kids at once. I've had 1k in 4 hrs before

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wow do you just leave your door open and throw candy out into the sea of costumed children

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
We get so many we just sit outside, there's no way we'd get anything done if we answered knocks (also our street is so full of candy some kids don't even go if they have to walk up stairs). Several kids were literally bent over from the weight of candy they were hauling - teenagers, even.

This was a light year because of the cold.

Halloween is great. I should get full size bars for next year

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My kids collected about 2 gallons of candy each at my office (going cube to cube is even faster than door to door) and then doubled their take on Halloween. At 2 pieces of candy a day that will take months to work through.

There's a street in my neighborhood that blocks off traffic entirely and all the homeowners there go nuts decorating, blaring music, and having potlocks. It's awesome.

Xaris posted:

was about the same as last year. kids go fuckign crazy for zots and warheads, it was really cute. really want to do more off the beaten path candy next year. everyone is probably already loaded with snickers and m&ms and skittles

90% of the candy my kids got is from the costco candy bags.
I should order something weird to make it interesting for the kids that trick or treat at my house

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Multiple kids at once. I've had 1k in 4 hrs before

drat you're a regular Halloween epstein

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ok Halloweens over everyone run to Costco for Christmas decorations!!!!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Well everyone is going there today anyway to return the bags of candy that they didn't use. Might as well pick up some Christmas poo poo while they're there.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

In a 4 hour span you saw 6 kids a minute? Straight?

No lie, our street used to look like Disney World on that night. Cops would close both ends and it was just a free for all. Wife and I used to just light the chiminea ans stay outside the whole time passing out candy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
We only got about 10 kids. Also about 50% of the houses on our block just go dark. However, we have one guy at the end who goes all out and builds a full on spooky graveyard and has a Mr Hyde statue that raps "rapper's delight" and gives out full size bars so I have something to aspire to if I wasn't so drat lazy. We just put out a couple of sad little pumpkins.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
This was my first halloween going out in the burbs and it's weird how different it is culturally. People out here respect dark or sad looking houses and leave them alone. Each trip up to each house is a project because of the large driveways. We got nobody at my last apartment, and even though we got a lot this year, I saw plenty of kids just walk by my house for no reason at all.

In the city? haha gently caress that noise. See a house? Ring that poo poo? Ring two at a time. Your brother's across the street scouting out the good houses. Reach an apartment? You go down all those doorbells like a god drat piano. Gotta min/max your candy collection, and it only takes like 3 seconds to reach a door from the sidewalk. Once your done with your immediate neighborhood, you get in mom's car and she shuttles the neighborhood to where the small business are. That's where can get some good poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

canyoneer posted:

90% of the candy my kids got is from the costco candy bags.
I should order something weird to make it interesting for the kids that trick or treat at my house

yeah thats what i wanted to avoid cuz everyone buys costco candy or that Brachs CVS poo poo. As good as skittles n reeses n nerds are, my favorite part about trick or treating in the 90s was just getting a whole bunch of really random candy i've never had before, a lot of it not great but it was still a fun experience. In the end i just mixed Costco candy up with Zots and Warheads.. i should have also done Fireballs. if anyone has any suggestions that's affordable in bulk, let me know for next year.

anyways i'll second just sitting at the bottom of the stairs passing out poo poo, if we answered the door it'd be too hectic. i think we probably get a solid 5 a minute on average, sometimes quite a bit more. it's lots of groups that show up around the bucket at once and move on and there isn't often more than a 30 second breathing room.

the annoying thing is the kids that just stand there looking at the candy and taking something and putting it back and then doing it again for like 2 minutes and it's like come on, just take something already.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

If you arent giving out full size candy you dont give them a choice. You grab a handful or however much and dump it in their bag

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Not having a choice is an important part of Halloween.

It's what leads up to the sibling candy trading phase of the night once you start examining your loot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bidet chat.

Just got the mailer today for Nov 7th. $180 off a Bio Bidet USPA U6800. Originally $399 on sale for $219. It's Costco.com only but hey, it's a bidet.

Oh. Limit of 5.

edit: I checked a few days ago but they didn't have those 32 degree thermal under layers. I have 2 pair (top and bottom) but I want more. I wear them constantly since it gets cold here (-50F with windchill in February this year). I really want more. I like to get a new pair of slippers every year too and in the mailer there are some decent ones for $8.99. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 1, 2019

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Renegret posted:

This was my first halloween going out in the burbs and it's weird how different it is culturally. People out here respect dark or sad looking houses and leave them alone. Each trip up to each house is a project because of the large driveways. We got nobody at my last apartment, and even though we got a lot this year, I saw plenty of kids just walk by my house for no reason at all.

In the city? haha gently caress that noise. See a house? Ring that poo poo? Ring two at a time. Your brother's across the street scouting out the good houses. Reach an apartment? You go down all those doorbells like a god drat piano. Gotta min/max your candy collection, and it only takes like 3 seconds to reach a door from the sidewalk. Once your done with your immediate neighborhood, you get in mom's car and she shuttles the neighborhood to where the small business are. That's where can get some good poo poo.

This is why I believe we should bash down the suburbs and build 50 story soulless concrete apartments on the ruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Ok Halloweens over everyone run to Costco for Christmas decorations!!!!

OH FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

:dogcited: