Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

FCKGW posted:

California had the first freeway and therefore gets to decide how they are named. Using "The" before the number is the proper form, every other place is saying it wrong :colbert:

You clearly haven't been to NorCal...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hey fellow anteater!!! *Makes the anteater hand symbol* ZOT ZOT ZOT

I just did it too. My favorite is the Santa Cruz variant where they touch the "ears" and they slowly retract like a banana slug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

I did the thing. I bought the ham. Today, my friends, I am a man.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EVG posted:

$7.50 a lb is not a bad price at all tbh

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
For a second I thought that was my store; just came back from it and saw the ham in a very similar position

I forgot to buy more of that sauerkraut they have :(

But I did impulse buy a bunch of scallops from the fishmonger for dinner

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I recently went shopping while hungry with my wife and spent like 400 bucks on food, don't be like me and shop hungry, get a dog first.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EVG posted:

slam some ham in your clam

(take some photos after u cut that bad boy open)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EVG posted:

Bon Appetit recently did a thing where the one lady learns to cut them meats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0olmZzsF4Xo

She's not my favorite one on the channel( <3 Gabby) but you might be able to pick up some slicing tips.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Chinatown posted:

Kirkland No Salt Seasoning owns.

Yuk

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Chinatown posted:

slam some ham in your clam

(take some photos after u cut that bad boy open)

Doggo watching that ham SO HARD.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
drat. Look at that ham. How was it?

Hed posted:

The chicken pot pie is a guilty pleasure of mine. I especially like it with some cholula on top. Please don’t report me to my GWS friends.

It's OK friend, you're safe here. Ya, a little hot sauce and it's :discourse:

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

AF posted:

drat. Look at that ham. How was it?

It was pretty great and everyone enjoyed both the fun of slicing AND eating it. Not write-home phenomenal- I think buying it for a party was definitely the right move.

...you might even say, it’s a lot of meat to take if you aren’t prepared. :haw:

Here’s how it was looking when I left- we’d flipped it to get to the other side.

EVG fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 15, 2019

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
i want them ham scraps

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Did the big Christmas shop yesterday, was just normal weekend busy. Got last minute kid gifts, charcuterie, mini quiches, that herb boursin soft cheese and the 3 year old baldersons white cheddar was on sale :woop:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

If someone is using NoSalt and associated products it's probably because they have high blood pressure and are trying to live longer. They know it isn't as good as real salt, but they kind of have to live with it.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Yeesh, I love the clothing deals at my Costco but for every Small there are like 20 XLs. Smalls are hard to find

Either thats a thing with all locations or demographically the people in my area run a bit large...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Yeesh, I love the clothing deals at my Costco but for every Small there are like 20 XLs. Smalls are hard to find

Either thats a thing with all locations or demographically the people in my area run a bit large...

We were talking about this before, if all the small sizes are gone, statistically your area is full of thin Costco shoppers. Go shop at the fat part of town.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

StormDrain posted:

We were talking about this before, if all the small sizes are gone, statistically your area is full of thin Costco shoppers. Go shop at the fat part of town.

Oh riight. No smalls means everyone bought them. Heh I'm dumb.

Well, they'd sell more if they had tons extra available I suppose

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

therobit posted:

If someone is using NoSalt and associated products it's probably because they have high blood pressure and are trying to live longer. They know it isn't as good as real salt, but they kind of have to live with it.

That’s me and this is the first I’m hearing about Nosalt. Might have to try it out. Going without salt is pretty sucky.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

StormDrain posted:

Or, like my Costco, it says directly on the price tag that there are no smalls stocked.

"SIZES: M-XXL"
With more sizes and styles available at costco.com

If smalls do show up they last forever and I can buy 50 packs of 32 Degree Cool shirts for pennies on the dollar.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KakerMix posted:

Or, like my Costco, it says directly on the price tag that there are no smalls stocked.

"SIZES: M-XXL"
With more sizes and styles available at costco.com

If smalls do show up they last forever and I can buy 50 packs of 32 Degree Cool shirts for pennies on the dollar.

I've noticed that too, I wondered if that was a replacement sign when the smalls sell out or if it was the intent when they put them out. I don't pay enough attention to the clothes to notice when they're new.

Also I feel like clothes have been creeping up in size, I used to be a reliable medium and now I'm a small. I also weigh the same, was not a bodybuilder, and I'm not a shrinking 80yr old man.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

StormDrain posted:

Also I feel like clothes have been creeping up in size, I used to be a reliable medium and now I'm a small. I also weigh the same, was not a bodybuilder, and I'm not a shrinking 80yr old man.

It varies so much by brand. A lot of Costco clothe brands in the mid 2000s felt like wearing baggy garbage bags. Size creep has certainly happened 90s onwards but I don't think it's changed much the last 10+ years, at least w/r/t clothes sold at costco

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Xaris posted:

It varies so much by brand. A lot of Costco clothe brands in the mid 2000s felt like wearing baggy garbage bags. Size creep has certainly happened 90s onwards but I don't think it's changed much the last 10+ years, at least w/r/t clothes sold at costco

The other option is that I realized all my clothes were a little too big.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I'm exploring a new 'co on a busy weekend and the layout being flipped is throwing me off. I did take comfort in a Costco Hotdog before starting my journey into the unknown.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Yea, a lot of the Costco's I've been to just don't stock smalls at all. But if you go to the website, they usually have small sizes :shrug:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My wife has wanted a new mattress for awhile and was looking at the Casper mattress. We happened to stop in today a d they had that mattress on sale for like half of what Casper usually charges

PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

therobit posted:

Yeah I watch a lot of cooking shows on youtube and the chef is always like, "ok now add a pinch of kosher salt", and then they proceed to add a quarter cup of salt.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Yeah I watch a lot of cooking shows on youtube and the chef is always like, "ok now add a pinch of kosher salt", and then they proceed to add a quarter cup of salt.

drat who put a webcam in my kitchen?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Almost four weeks, still going strong

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gonna say it again: the foodcourt turkey sandwich is extremely underrated. its great.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

gonna say it again: the foodcourt turkey sandwich is extremely underrated. its great.

:hai:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Chinatown posted:

The baked turkey provolone with pesto and stuff? I really like it but it's hella salty

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The chicken bake can be really good too.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

FogHelmut posted:

Almost four weeks, still going strong

Totally worth it. Thats amazing.

On an unrelated note, this thread has introduced me to the wonder that is CostCo lasagna, and now I need to try that pot pie.
Might I reccommend to all you fine folk the stuffed cabbage rolls.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EVG posted:

I also did this. As a gift for my parents. Which I plan to eat most of.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Snowy posted:

That’s me and this is the first I’m hearing about Nosalt. Might have to try it out. Going without salt is pretty sucky.

Better off getting a variety of spices from your local place with fresh spices, like an indian grocery or similar. The no salt seasoning is not very good, tastes like a lot of filler, their taco seasoning is also mostly filler.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Might I recommend pepper

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Minto Took posted:

The chicken bake can be really good too.

*Is really good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Moey posted:

*Is really good.

#blessed

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i spy another slice of za under the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Where the onions at tho