Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

FilthyImp posted:

CEC sucks balls for that and getting your ARC setup working is basically voodoo.

Newer sound bars, tvs and receivers are implementing eARC so who knows if it'll get better or not.

Audio over HDMI has AV sync issues? :psyduck:

I assumed he was doing it over Bluetooth or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Lazyhound posted:

Audio over HDMI has AV sync issues? :psyduck:

I assumed he was doing it over Bluetooth or something.

Yea, getting everything to talk even with HDMI is something a giant pain in the rear end, some TV's like to add a bunch of latency of anything going out the ARC channel. Looking at you TCL.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

sandball posted:

Soundbars are normal Costco return policy and not the 90-day one. You should be able to get it replaced/refunded fairly easy (and it sucks to hear those things are still having these issues).

even without the box? Whats the normal return policy on it then since it's an electronic but not subject to 90days? I think I bought it in July or so of 2019.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 11, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CitizenKain posted:

Yea, getting everything to talk even with HDMI is something a giant pain in the rear end, some TV's like to add a bunch of latency of anything going out the ARC channel. Looking at you TCL.

Is it a TV issue or a soundbar issue, i guess is the question? I have a TCL 55 (2016 iirc) and it's setup over HDMI ARC. I didn't have any issue setting that up. the issue is the audio is delayed just enough that it drives me loving crazy, even going down the roku mens with the little beep it's delayed. I tried Optical just for fun and same thing watching movies over Plex and there was still a quarter second or so delay

there definitely is something wrong with it though because it hard freezes when trying to sync over BT using the Vizio SoundSync app and I have to unplug it to power it off.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 11, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CitizenKain posted:

Yeah my fancy-rear end $600 LG sound bar from Costco had serious lag issues with video until I plugged my Shield directly into the bar.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Its usually the TV that is the issue, and why I ended up being stupid and getting a receiver just to fix the issue.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

priznat posted:

I’m still salty that costcos here don’t carry Stacy’s pita chips anymore and it has been years <:mad:>

My local Costco has them a lot

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

even without the box? Whats the normal return policy on it then since it's an electronic but not subject to 90days? I think I bought it in July or so of 2019.

Normal return policy on anything not under the 90 day policy is within "the expected lifetime of the product".

You shouldn't need the box for the return either. As long as the product can be verified as the one that you purchased you are fine (they should be able to read the label on the bar for that).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sandball posted:

Normal return policy on anything not under the 90 day policy is within "the expected lifetime of the product".

You shouldn't need the box for the return either. As long as the product can be verified as the one that you purchased you are fine (they should be able to read the label on the bar for that).

ok cool. upon reading internet more, apparently it's TCL's built in roku os that's the issue. I'll try playing something over my Switch or PS4 and see if I can notice any audio lag first because otherwise its a nice bar and itook me awhile to run the wires and poo poo. so it sounds like a new soundbar won't fix the issue but I really need something becaue the built in speakers are so utter trash, movies/tv (rips?) often have terrible audio mixing, and my hearing isn't great such that p much all voices come in sounding super muffled as gently caress while everything else is loud

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Gonna do a big getting back into Keto run Sunday and maybe go for a trifecta at the food court for my last meal.

When I was on keto I totally stopped in for a dog without the bun. Still worth the 1.50.

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I'm in the UK. After watching a YouTube video about how good CostCo is to their employees etc, me and my husband finally bit the bullet and got a membership.

It's amazing. We love it. We are full converts. It's the only shop our girls like going to because they love the excitement of finding samples to try.

What I CAN NOT get over is how great the fruit is. The pears and oranges we get from CostCo taste order of magnitudes better than from any other shop in the UK. The pears are so good its literally stunning.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Do they still have the trade membership requirement, or did they open it up to everyone finally?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Flossie posted:

I'm in the UK. After watching a YouTube video about how good CostCo is to their employees etc, me and my husband finally bit the bullet and got a membership.

It's amazing. We love it. We are full converts. It's the only shop our girls like going to because they love the excitement of finding samples to try.

What I CAN NOT get over is how great the fruit is. The pears and oranges we get from CostCo taste order of magnitudes better than from any other shop in the UK. The pears are so good its literally stunning.

:glomp: Welcome!

PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Flossie posted:

Are there regional items in the UK Costco food court?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are there regional items in the UK Costco food court?

baked potato with a couple of toppings, and a cottage pie. The cottage pie is 80% potato and rivals the sun in temperature, but I still get one every time I'm in Watford for work.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

binge crotching posted:

The cottage pie is 80% potato and rivals the sun in temperature, but I still get one every time I'm in Watford for work.

Dang, that sounds good. I love me some savory pie

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I get extreme yearning everytime I see regional Costco food court items :(

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
No idea what a cottage pie is but I imagine it's fantastic

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What's the diff with that and Shepherd's Pie?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's made with beef instead of lamb.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Currently thawing a PRIME Costco ribeye steak for tomorrow nights dinner. :yum:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
At church... No chickens.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SirPablo posted:

At church... No chickens.
The chicken-rush when they come out is legit scary.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FilthyImp posted:

The chicken-rush when they come out is legit scary.

Yea it's Sunday morning, I'm just trying to avoid all the olds and get in and out. Not gonna hang around for chicken.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SirPablo posted:

Yea it's Sunday morning, I'm just trying to avoid all the olds and get in and out. Not gonna hang around for chicken.

That's the difference between Costco chicken and Publix fried chicken.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I think I might be the only guy who buys the USDA prime ribeye cap steaks at my Costco, hit those thicc boys with a delicious reverse sear last night, I felt like a king.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

HEY GOONS
The Kirkland brand prepackaged chicken tortilla soup in the deli section is really good by itself and AWESOME with a little sharp cheese, more lime juice, and a bunch of Cholula.

gently caress yeah, eight bux for a two pack

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Share with concerned angry frog

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Gonna do a big getting back into Keto run Sunday and maybe go for a trifecta at the food court for my last meal.

Coscto has a ton of Keto friendly stuff. The Whisps cheese cracker things are the best snack. Also Costco doesnt carry it but if you like Ice Cream look into Rebel Creamery and see if you can get it locally.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

number 1 snake fan posted:

HEY GOONS
The Kirkland brand prepackaged chicken tortilla soup in the deli section is really good by itself and AWESOME with a little sharp cheese, more lime juice, and a bunch of Cholula.

gently caress yeah, eight bux for a two pack

friend why are you not pouring that over tortilla chips?
im not telling you how to live your life but a little change here will go a long way

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

grillster posted:

it's chicken tortilla soup day, my dudes

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

canyoneer posted:

friend why are you not pouring that over tortilla chips?
im not telling you how to live your life but a little change here will go a long way

My friend, you misjudge me

grillster posted:

tangy yet delightful posted:

it's chicken tortilla soup day, my dudes

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does Costco Travel offer any bonuses or protections for rental cars? I'm getting a better rate by going directly to the rental car company and using a coupon. I don't think that coupons are available through Costco since they handle the booking?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FogHelmut posted:

Does Costco Travel offer any bonuses or protections for rental cars? I'm getting a better rate by going directly to the rental car company and using a coupon. I don't think that coupons are available through Costco since they handle the booking?

The big bonus was free second driver for me when I did it iirc.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Yeah I've rented through them a few times and it's to get the second driver. Chances are if you dig around enough you'll get a better rate too.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

2nd driver is my wife and that doesn't cost extra.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Then you're probably better off just going direct to the rental car company.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

Used Budget Rent-A-Car through Costco, in Las Vegas. With the time change it felt like 2am to me, but we saw Budget had a "Costco Customers" line, separate from the other queue. "Woohoo," I thought, "Fast lane."

Wrong. The 5 clerks kept the "walk-up" line clear, and we Costco customers would only get called when there was gap in the walk-ups. I was 6 people back in the Costco line, and didn't get to an agent for an hour.

Then they added Insurance in spite of my specifically telling them not to. Costco only managed to get them to refund half of that cost.

Don't use Budget in Vegas.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

GORDON posted:

Used Budget Rent-A-Car through Costco, in Las Vegas. With the time change it felt like 2am to me, but we saw Budget had a "Costco Customers" line, separate from the other queue. "Woohoo," I thought, "Fast lane."

Wrong. The 5 clerks kept the "walk-up" line clear, and we Costco customers would only get called when there was gap in the walk-ups. I was 6 people back in the Costco line, and didn't get to an agent for an hour.

Then they added Insurance in spite of my specifically telling them not to. Costco only managed to get them to refund half of that cost.

Don't use Budget in Vegas.

Budget seems to do that everywhere. I’ve used Costco’s rentals for other companies and it’s not a problem, but this time I had to use Budget and they tacked a ton on. I’m traveling on short notice and for an emergency so I didn’t notice, but yea, never going to Budget again. This was in Phoenix for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You yahoos keep talking about that $5 rotisserie chicken, so I went ahead and got one tonight to try it out, to see how a $5 rotisserie chicken tastes.

God drat, that's some pretty good mother loving chicken.