Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

binge crotching posted:

Outside of Korea it's the busiest I've ever seen. Still worth it to get more POG than you can possibly consume, and by far the cheapest gas on the island.

That's the plan! I'll refill my tank of the convertible I'm renting to take to the north shore for the weekend.

POG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
People talk about being blessed with a divine $1.50 dog.

My dude, POG juice is a whole 'nother dimension of blessings.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

People talk about being blessed with a divine $1.50 dog.

My dude, POG juice is a whole 'nother dimension of blessings.

I just googled it and I'm damned near sure they gave us this when we checked in along with a cool towel doused in citrus.

I love this place already.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
It sounds more like they spilled some of the juice on that towel

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Order number 665. Womp Womp.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

JK Fresco posted:

It sounds more like they spilled some of the juice on that towel

Even if, no complaints. This place is fantastic.

Happy hour has overpriced $6 Mai Tais instead of $12. Load me up

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm eating that broccoli cheese soup I got in the refrigerated section by the cheese.

It's good. I really like it.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I'm eating a chicken bake dipped in Bitchin Sauce.

Shouldn't be legal.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Got my reward certificate today.

$340.83 for doing nothing. Nice.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

StormDrain posted:

Order number 665. Womp Womp.

The neighbor of the beast

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Checked out my local church early Superbowl Sunday morning. No french cheese bites. This was the second most heartbroken I've ever been at the Costco (the first was seeing that the pull apart cheesy bread was gone).

I now need to get a friend to get a job there so they can tell me when the good stuff comes through. I don't even want a discount, I just want the deets, the 411, the skinny, etc.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If you want the skinny you should stay away from those French Cheese Bites!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Hey, is Costco stocking those massive 55 qt bags of potting soil yet? I have a fuckton of things to plant.

If you’re looking to spice up your yard, the bare root fruit trees and perennials are an insane deal here. I planted a peach tree, a 4 in 1 cherry and a 5 in 1 apple. They were $14 and $19 respectively.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 13, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Hey, is Costco stocking those massive 55 qt bags of potting soil yet? I have a fuckton of things to plant.

Yeah, I saw them in my store this week.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Ok fine these FitCrunch bars are amazing. But I kinda like how I simply hate eating for awhile after having the Kirkland recycled food bars. "Wow, finally done eating that, I can't bear the thought of consuming solids for awhile". Great for a diet. I could eat a lot more FitCrunch bars. It's like a less suagry Snickers.

Gonna get some more soil next trip, we're still two months out from planting season here.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, I saw them in my store this week.

Hell yes, thanks!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My Costco added self checkout. Is this new thing across the country? It wasn’t there about 2 weeks ago.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mine has had self checkout for years

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

When are the stretch polos coming back that I need so badly

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

Ok fine these FitCrunch bars are amazing. But I kinda like how I simply hate eating for awhile after having the Kirkland recycled food bars. "Wow, finally done eating that, I can't bear the thought of consuming solids for awhile". Great for a diet. I could eat a lot more FitCrunch bars. It's like a less suagry Snickers.

Gonna get some more soil next trip, we're still two months out from planting season here.

Those bars really are something special. Between that and the Premier Protein Vanilla shakes I've cut out a huge amount of my unhealthy snacking when at work.

For me they still both have that protein bar effect of "no, no more food, give your body a few hours to cope with this" that turns off the hunger in my stomach.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

My Costco has an outside food court.

As of today, they verify Costco membership before letting you order.

You would think that the food court workers were putting babies in blenders in the back, or staging “The Aristocrats” style offenses out front.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ultimate Mango posted:

My Costco has an outside food court.

As of today, they verify Costco membership before letting you order.

Wow really? I gotta check this out. All the ones around here are outside.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I noticed my Costco now has air outside the tire center, like for filling tires. That must have been a large volume of tire center requests?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

poo poo my indoor Costco food court dgaf if you’re a member. Just swipe a credit card and you’re good.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I love self checkout at my costco. Nobody else ever uses it so I can just get in there, let them ring in my larger items, toss my smaller poo poo on the poo poo shelf, check out and go. It's awesome and way better than waiting for 10min for a normal checker.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I finish everything at a restaurant I put everything away and stack up my plates/silverware so it's easy for them to pick it up.

I know servers who loving hate it when people do this so you really can't win. But, yeah, trying not to spill poo poo everywhere is a good start.

E: oh this got pointed out multiple times already

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

StormDrain posted:

I noticed my Costco now has air outside the tire center, like for filling tires. That must have been a large volume of tire center requests?

Probably. Costco uses nitrogen gas so if you got your tires installed a Costco you need to go back to Costco or another place that has nitrogen to get them topped off. You shouldn't mix with regular air.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

Probably. Costco uses nitrogen gas so if you got your tires installed a Costco you need to go back to Costco or another place that has nitrogen to get them topped off. You shouldn't mix with regular air.

Isn't regular air already like 70% Nitrogen?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

FCKGW posted:

If you absolutely have to, like if one tire is low, it’s ok to mix. But they recommend you get it evacuated and refilled as soon as you can. I think it slightly unbalances or wears unevenly if you have one air and one nitro tire. Or maybe air/nitro mix heats up faster? I received free nitro for a year when I bought a new car, and it was a legit 2 mpg difference when I finally got new tires without nitrogen.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Bought a cheesecake for my sisters BDAY. PBUC Also a buncha LA Criox for her.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

100% Nitrogen Makes No Difference In Tires.

but still pbuc

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
100% nitrogen is essential oils for cars. It makes zero, and I truly mean zero, difference if you fill it with "air" or ~bespoke super nitrogen~ or mix them.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

KakerMix posted:

100% nitrogen is essential oils for cars. It makes zero, and I truly mean zero, difference if you fill it with "air" or ~bespoke super nitrogen~ or mix them.

This

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

red19fire posted:

If you absolutely have to, like if one tire is low, it’s ok to mix. But they recommend you get it evacuated and refilled as soon as you can. I think it slightly unbalances or wears unevenly if you have one air and one nitro tire. Or maybe air/nitro mix heats up faster? I received free nitro for a year when I bought a new car, and it was a legit 2 mpg difference when I finally got new tires without nitrogen.

Air is 78% nitrogen.

The part I like is just that it's a place I can easily get free compressed air. Other than my house.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have an electric bike pump that I use for my tires. It takes a little while but drat that little fella doesn't give up.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

nitrogen gives your tires a less bitter flavor, it's really noticeable

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KakerMix posted:

Yep. I mean it’s free and could be convenient so go for it, but I wouldn’t make a trip just to fill it up. I have a little portable DC/AC compressor that takes a little bit but at least it requires going nowhere. The only advantage of nitrogen is that it seeps out slightly slower, esp if a car is sitting longteem, but the advantage is just as thoroughly wiped out by “check your pressure once in awhile”

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

nitrogen gives your tires a less bitter flavor, it's really noticeable

A smoother, creamier head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Xaris posted:

Yep. I mean it’s free and could be convenient so go for it, but I wouldn’t make a trip just to fill it up. I have a little portable DC/AC compressor that takes a little bit but at least it requires going nowhere. The only advantage of nitrogen is that it seeps out slightly slower, esp if a car is sitting longteem, but the advantage is just as thoroughly wiped out by “check your pressure once in awhile”

More or less this, nitrogen is nice to have, but worth about $5 to go out of your way for.