Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

IllegallySober posted:

100% agreed, we keep a bag in the house at all times.

Do you have an Instant Pot? Let me post the world's easiest fish rice. Gotta grab it from over in the Pressure Cooker thread.

quote:

Little less then a cup rinsed Jasmine rice
1.25 cups Water
Tablespoon Butter
8-10oz frozen salmon fillets
Salt
Dried mushrooms and/or sun-dried tomatoes (more water if using lots)
Chives (dried or fresh is fine)
Fresh spinach

Rinse Jasmine rice well and put in pot with water, butter, and chopped bite size dried stuff. Coat FROZEN fillets with a heavy pinch of salt and chopped chives. Place fillets skin down on top of rice. Set IP to HIGH, manual 3 minutes. Let manual release for 10 minutes. Plate hot rice over fresh spinach, let spinach wilt. Serves 2. Our favorite "gently caress it, I am tired, this is filling, somewhat healthy, and quick."

If you can soak the rice an hour ahead of time, you can reduce the pressure cook time to 2 minutes and the fish comes out much better.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tim Whatley posted:

The new Modern Warfare patch added a Costco map. No $1.50 hot dog though

what do you do? try to find a parking spot? :D

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Suspect Bucket posted:

Do you have an Instant Pot? Let me post the world's easiest fish rice. Gotta grab it from over in the Pressure Cooker thread.

If you can soak the rice an hour ahead of time, you can reduce the pressure cook time to 2 minutes and the fish comes out much better.

This sounds awesome. I don’t have an Instant Pot but it’s been on my list of things to grab when it goes on sale. I will save this recipe till then!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

what do you do? try to find a parking spot? :D
Phase 2 is fighting for a chicken when the shelves are bare.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Phase 2 is fighting for a chicken when the shelves are bare.

i was blessed with a hot one right out the oven this last week.

making chicken enchiladas with the breast meat tonight :blastu:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This was amazing. Highly recommended if you’re being lazy and don’t want to cook.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cartoon Man posted:

This was amazing. Highly recommended if you’re being lazy and don’t want to cook.

Yeah I like these a lot and the kids love em. Great to snag on the way home from work.

I wish they still had the bulgogi beef but I haven’t seen that in ages :sigh:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Costco's thickass divine pork chops have legit ruined any other type for me.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Costco's thickass divine pork chops have legit ruined any other type for me.

loving woooooord.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

priznat posted:

I got this at the ‘Co last visit, actually. It was very good.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Costco was balls out crazy today. Like that one scene from World War Z that is the only thing anyone remembers from it. Like that.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Cartoon Man posted:

No heating instructions?

Edit: d’oh. But still, doesn’t seem super efficient if you have to transfer half of the contents to another container.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pump Jockey posted:

No heating instructions?

Edit: d’oh. But still, doesn’t seem super efficient if you have to transfer half of the contents to another container.

Yeah that's a real bear.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pump Jockey posted:

No heating instructions?

Chicken is pre-cooked. I put it in a bowl, covered it, and microwaved it for 2:30, stirring halfway. Heat the tortillas in a pan on medium low heat for about a minute, flipping halfway. Was divine.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

The chicken was really dry when I got it, which if you drown it in sauce won't matter, but I prefer my tacos simpler.

binge crotching fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 17, 2020

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Went to Costco to get some fuel, there were lines. As the stations themselves are 2 deep, I noticed a couple of the stations in the front were empty, yet nobody was making a move to get up there. I waited a few seconds to see if anyone would make a move, nobody did, so I went down the center between the lines and skirted in front of the car in the first row, taking the place in the second. Jumped ahead maybe 4-5 cars. Got out, started pumping. I here a couple of voices talking but pay no mind.
One of the voices gets a bit louder and says "That's not right" in an almost pleading tone. I look over. There is an older well-dressed woman, a boomer variant of a 'let me talk to your manager' wife-of-a-pro golfer type, is attempting to scold me by proxy to the lone Costco employee manning the gas station.
Without looking at her, the Costco employee: "You can pull up too, that's why the middle lane is there"
I looked away and kept fueling. The woman did that thing where she talks louder than needed so I can hear her. I can't really hear much, but I hear the Costco employee say some more things to her, then a final exasperated "Well that just isn't right!" from the woman. I finally looked back and she was shuffling back to wherever her car is.

Where I live most people are over 50 years old, so I have very thick fogs of big boomer energy to navigate around on the daily, but Costco concentrates it real hard. Same thing with the carts and samples, old people just leaving their poo poo right in the center, blocking everyone and then my wife or I will grab their cart and simply move it out of the way. One time my wife did that move because some old guy just up and left his cart right in the entrance to wander over to look at the deals they have up there. My wife pushes the cart and parks it along the side in front of those items.
The old guy: "She's stealing my cart! She's stealing my cart!" and he was just shy of yelling.

Those are my stories of Costco, praise be.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I heat the chicken up on the stove. I throw it in a pan with a little water on medium heat. It gets the chicken nice and juicy. Then depending on how late my wife is getting to the table, I add more as necessary to make sure it doesn't dry out.

The brisket sliders kit is also delicious.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

Went to Costco to get some fuel, there were lines. As the stations themselves are 2 deep, I noticed a couple of the stations in the front were empty, yet nobody was making a move to get up there. I waited a few seconds to see if anyone would make a move, nobody did, so I went down the center between the lines and skirted in front of the car in the first row, taking the place in the second. Jumped ahead maybe 4-5 cars. Got out, started pumping. I here a couple of voices talking but pay no mind.
One of the voices gets a bit louder and says "That's not right" in an almost pleading tone. I look over. There is an older well-dressed woman, a boomer variant of a 'let me talk to your manager' wife-of-a-pro golfer type, is attempting to scold me by proxy to the lone Costco employee manning the gas station.
Without looking at her, the Costco employee: "You can pull up too, that's why the middle lane is there"
I looked away and kept fueling. The woman did that thing where she talks louder than needed so I can hear her. I can't really hear much, but I hear the Costco employee say some more things to her, then a final exasperated "Well that just isn't right!" from the woman. I finally looked back and she was shuffling back to wherever her car is.

Where I live most people are over 50 years old, so I have very thick fogs of big boomer energy to navigate around on the daily, but Costco concentrates it real hard. Same thing with the carts and samples, old people just leaving their poo poo right in the center, blocking everyone and then my wife or I will grab their cart and simply move it out of the way. One time my wife did that move because some old guy just up and left his cart right in the entrance to wander over to look at the deals they have up there. My wife pushes the cart and parks it along the side in front of those items.
The old guy: "She's stealing my cart! She's stealing my cart!" and he was just shy of yelling.

Those are my stories of Costco, praise be.

Being cutthroat is the only way to tackle church on Sunday.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The gas station I go to is 3 deep but has the new digital signage showing open pumps.

That said, all the old boomers driving is terrifying. I once watched an old guy back into another old guys car at the pump behind. Neither noticed and both drove off.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Why is costco so bad at online returns? In store purchases are returned in a flash but JFC it’s like they are computing nuclear codes to return pants that don’t fit from online.

I got two ceiling lights on sale and a slice. PBUC.

Also I recently took advantage of the $150 off of Michelins to get a set of tires on my wife’s car. I dropped it off and went inside to shop and was finishing that day’s slice 45 min later when they called and said it was ready. Perfect.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

IllegallySober posted:

I got this at the ‘Co last visit, actually. It was very good.

So jelly! It was awesome and all that was required was rice and some sesame seeds to sprinkle on top. Hopefully it comes back in rotation at the co near me.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

Yeah I like these a lot and the kids love em. Great to snag on the way home from work.

Ya those korean taco things from wayyy back when were really good! I still miss them many years later.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

hakimashou posted:

Ya those korean taco things from wayyy back when were really good! I still miss them many years later.

The costco giveth, the costco taketh away :sigh:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I bought some bitchin sauce on the thread recommendation yesterday and holy poo poo is it tasty. Baby carrots and bitchin sauce has become my new go to snack.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

GI_Clutch posted:

I heat the chicken up on the stove. I throw it in a pan with a little water on medium heat. It gets the chicken nice and juicy. Then depending on how late my wife is getting to the table, I add more as necessary to make sure it doesn't dry out.

The brisket sliders kit is also delicious.

Whoa whoa whoa brisket sliders, what the hell I've never seen that before

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Good soup! posted:

Whoa whoa whoa brisket sliders, what the hell I've never seen that before

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a29588858/costco-brisket-cole-slaw-kit/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Visited a Costco Business Center today for the first time. Its wild. Actually a great place if you want cooking equipment, pans, etc.

Also. UNGHF. BEEF

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Brawley Beef? Lol are they raising cattle at the Salton Sea? What the gently caress :stonk:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

:stare: holy cow that is a serious refrigerated section

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

There was a whole isle of cheese too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Chinatown posted:

There was a whole isle of cheese too.

~angelic choir music plays while I drop to my knees~

they should have.. sent a poet

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

priznat posted:

The Business Costco in my area actually has Costco Thermal Coats on racks outside for guests to use as they peruse the giant walk-in freezer in comfort.

You can also buy like a whole pig/lamb...

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My 'Co has finally provided the three pack of Bitchin' Sauce. However, the flavors are original, heat, and bombay.

Holy poo poo.

That Bombay flavor is great. Just cooked up cauliflower rice (lot of heat to get the moisture out, then some olive oil to saute), added a can of premium chicken breast, then topped it with two spoons of Bombay bitchin' sauce. Mixed it up... Very fine dinner.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We had a Bitchin Sauce roadshow and it had Onion, Spinach Artichoke and Roasted chile/pepita.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Bitchin Sauce started/is made in north county San Diego so I was blessed to get on the train early and they have seen the roadshow in Costco a number of times. Its always mobbed because dang its good.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
The Costco I frequent only has had the chipotle version.

I want options damnit.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown posted:

Bitchin Sauce started/is made in north county San Diego so I was blessed to get on the train early and they have seen the roadshow in Costco a number of times. Its always mobbed because dang its good.

Colorado is part of the "San Diego" region, somehow, so that makes a lot of sense why we've had Bitchin dip for so long.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm in Phoenix, should not have taken this long.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Colorado is part of the "San Diego" region, somehow, so that makes a lot of sense why we've had Bitchin dip for so long.

I went to CU so yeah the Cali-Colorado thing is a Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
COSTCO RELEASE THE BITCHIN SAUCE IN ATLANTA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! gently caress!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!