Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Chinatown posted:

For disaster prepping, may I humbly suggest Costco Business Center?

The silver lining of the apocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The two pack of Skippy peanut butter has 16,000 calories and cost under $10.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Jefferson County, Kentucky Costco now has Bitchin' sauce in the chipotle flavor.

This thread had me hyped up.

And I don't know if it lived up to the hype, but it was pretty fuckin' good on a baked potato.

pbuc

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It's a payday weekend, a nice day, and everyone's panicked I guess because all anyone wanted was water and sugar drinks that do technically contain water

Every one of those crowded-in boomers is now infected and they don't even know it

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Here in Florida the Costco was way low on water.

Like what the gently caress a hurricane can gently caress up water treatment plants and contaminate reservoirs and poo poo so yeah sure, but people getting sick isn't going to turn off the water!

Also if you don't have a bidet then lol @ your toilet-paper using rear end

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Luckily Costco has great toilet paper at a great price!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I personally recommend chickpeas and lentils for your apocalypse preparation needs. They keep well and cook up easily in just boiling water and spices.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

KakerMix posted:

Also if you don't have a bidet then lol @ your toilet-paper using rear end

Bidet supremacy!

provided the power stays on...

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

If the power goes out I will instantly die

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I went to costco the other day. It was terrifying. People were driving so fast in the parking lots and honking at little old ladies.

Inside there were empty boxes everywhere and everyone was running around, people were making jokes, but no one was smiling.

the cashiers were wearing blue gloves, but no masks.

I bought some pork jerky.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish the Costco gloves were black so I could look like a Bond villain!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They were handing out cart wipes at the entrance to mine. All the water was gone and there were end-cap palattes of Cup Noodles everywhere.

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
I guess my costco sold out of water soon after opening so they enforced a per customer limit when the next shipment arrived. Still sold out in about an hour I think.

All the rice sold out, every last scrap of toilet paper was gone and most of the cold medicine too. No fights at least

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

the end is nigh :ohdear:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

So you’re saying I should buy Costco stock?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Luckily Costco has great toilet paper at a great price!

My local Costco was sold out of Kirkland toilet paper and Kirkland paper towels and only had a half a pallet of tissues left this morning.

People were also parking in non parking spots. It was pretty crazy.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My local news said there was a full-on scramble at mine when doors opened on Saturday for the toiler paper and water, like people getting two packs of the 30roll toilet papers

I will admit I did buy a bunch of extra cat food for my cats but no extra human food

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if this poo poo goes down cat is gonna have to learn how to eat spaghetti and cup ramen

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BONGHITZ posted:

if this poo poo goes down cat is gonna have to learn how to eat spaghetti and cup ramen
I think more like I'm gonna have to learn how to eat Friskies pate

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am shocked and saddened that no one posted any of the Costco twitter images in here.

Y’all have let me down.

Costco has been wild this weekend.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

BONGHITZ posted:

I went to costco the other day. It was terrifying. People were driving so fast in the parking lots and honking at little old ladies.

Inside there were empty boxes everywhere and everyone was running around, people were making jokes, but no one was smiling.

the cashiers were wearing blue gloves, but no masks.

I bought some pork jerky.

Someone record this over the intro to The Dead Flag Blues

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL4bt43dkvg

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
How were the crowds in Costco yesterday? I was going to go shop but don't want to wait

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Alsp for complete protein you want to combine corn and beans. I recommend mixing some Cheetos into the beans

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Every time I checked Costco on Google Maps, it said it was less busy than usual. :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Got there thirty minutes before opening today. Nabbed myself a good spot

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SirPablo posted:

Every time I checked Costco on Google Maps, it said it was less busy than usual. :shrug:

I think that relies on people leaving gps turned on on their phones. So not very reliable

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think that relies on people leaving gps turned on on their phones. So not very reliable

Or extremely reliable because the type of person panic buying at Costco right now is exactly the type of person to do that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nobody turns off GPS

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fallom posted:

Nobody turns off GPS

AKA "why does my phone battery only last for half a day?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not too bad this morning aside from some lady who straight up charged my wife with her cart to try to jump in line to get into the store

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gonna put this here too because why not:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nurge posted:

added to tha OP

Fallom posted:

Nobody turns off GPS

I have Google location services and Timeline turned on. :twisted:

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Nurge posted:

Should be a gang tag.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

My Costco had a sign up saying they were out of paper towels, toilet paper, and some types of water. Shout out to the goon I saw with like six cases of bottled water, a whole bunch of red kidney beans, and bleach.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'll wait to go weekday evening when I can do my normal shopping without the wannabe preppers around.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I got me enough jalapeño artichoke spread and triscuits to last me a good afternoon in case poo poo goes down

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

AKA "why does my phone battery only last for half a day?"

2012 called and wants it’s quotes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004