Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I hate returning poo poo. Never done it with Costco before. I don't know why I picked them out. I guess I just wanted to roll the Costco clothes dice and see if it hit. I haven't worn them all day yet though but they fit so far. Maybe I'll try tomorrow.

It is an incredibly fast and painless process, and the returns desk is a stone's throw from receiving communion if your Costco is laid out like mine is. It's a twofer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

Lol, just get the other one they have on sale for $30 every so often. I love mine.

The real pro tip is to take the flow restrictor out of the $30 shower head. It was pretty simple with a pair of needlenose pliers. Went from "yeah, it's alright I guess" to "gently caress, this is a really loving good showerhead" but I have excellent water pressure in my house and don't live in a drought stricken area.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A good showerhead changes your life.

Also a good shower head, but to a lesser degree.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Urban Star Men's Jeans are $3 off starting tomorrow.

Hell yes #blessed.

I'm gonna go buy a few more pair.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

What in the literal gently caress are these people doing with so much tp?

Hot dog chat: The buns at my local Co have cornmeal on them. :iiam:

https://imgur.com/a/YCOi0Y0

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

You'd think the run would be on batteries or something, how are you going to get through this without four AAs in the Game Boy?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Haven't been to costco yet but the Sams Club was completely cleared out of toilet paper. They even had pallets of single serve 2 ply napkins and those jumbo paper towel rolls out where the hygiene products are.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Goddamnit, I buy TP like once a year and guess who’s down to a few rolls

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

david_a posted:

Goddamnit, I buy TP like once a year and guess who’s down to a few rolls

Same. I went in yesterday because I have 3 rolls left and all the tp was gone. There were only two pallets of water left, and people were starting to hoard paper towels.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No Butt Stuff posted:

Same. I went in yesterday because I have 3 rolls left and all the tp was gone. There were only two pallets of water left, and people were starting to hoard paper towels.

Post / username combo

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

shut up netface posted:

Rumor mill has come down from Club Demonstration Services (the company that employs the sample ladies) That they're going to be STOPPING SAMPLING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco-changing-free-sample-policy-131733902.html

ya can still eat 1.50 dogs tho.

I went to the church of the false prophet aka Sam's Club yesterday because while the 'Co parking lot was full, SC was empty. I was surprised to see Sam's still offering samples. No way in hell I was waiting for whatever petrie dish with a side of chips they were handing out with all the olds hovering around the sample table. Had I not had a 4 hour drive home I would have left at that point and went to the one true church of capitalism.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I tried that King Crab Chowder finally and I think someone else in here had it too. Eh, not really a fan. The first bite was oddly sweet. I got used to it after maybe 2 or 3 more. It was decent but I won't be buying it again. I still have another tub o' the broccoli cheese soup though and that stuff is good.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The lobster bisque isn’t bad.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What's the benefit of the Executive membership, just 2% back?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
The panic has hit the Midwest full force. I'm not sad to see the samples gone, but I'm almost out of paper towels and I'm not going to punch some boomer over the last package.

Seriously, how's the $30 bidet, y'all? Some of the reviews complain about leakage after a year but I'm more concerned with ease of installation and use, and also if I'm making a huge mistake not spending more for a model that has a hot/cold option. Turns out I shouldn't be worried about toilet paper because the sewer line leading out of the house needs $3k in repairs and the plumber advised us to not flush TP until it's fixed :v:

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

SirPablo posted:

What's the benefit of the Executive membership, just 2% back?

There's also better deals on the various other services Costco offers like Costco Travel, but the 2% back is the main benefit.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

No Butt Stuff posted:

He who controls the TP, controls the universe.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I bought a pack of TP right before the run started so I've still got my 30 rolls packed in the garage. If we use it all before we can buy more I've already told the wife I'm buying the $300 bidet.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SilvergunSuperman posted:

the best thing i ever did was buy a detachable-showerhead with a water limiter that you can just pop out (or drill out). this is the one i got from amazon, very easy to pop out with instructions

showers are so loving good now holy poo poo. (also helps my apartment can't charge me for water usage). just getting my skin blasted offwith scalding hot water under pressure is so great, and rinses shampoo and stuff right out easily. i feel like a newborn baby everytime i get out. you really don't know what you're missing until you take a shower without the restrictor in, it's that good.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 11, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valth001 posted:

There's also better deals on the various other services Costco offers like Costco Travel, but the 2% back is the main benefit.

Is that 2% back on everything?

I got the executive membership I and don't remember why and I don't remember what it costs. I heard in here that if you don't get up to the benefit they just make up for it somehow anyway.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

When I hit the Costco in Ground Zero (Washington County, OR), they had a 2-item max for TP, water, and rice. I'm sure they would have had restrictions on paper towels and hand sanitizer if they had any. There was basically a line in the TP section where people loaded up on either Kirkland or Marathon (I'm assuming that's the super cheap single-ply stuff?) while a couple employees brought in new pallets and kind of bucket-brigaded them up to the customer area.

Wound up getting one of their carvery hams. They're a pretty good price for a lot of meat (to take). Combine the leftovers with the $5/dozen croissants and you've got lovely breakfasts for days.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Is that 2% back on everything?

I got the executive membership I and don't remember why and I don't remember what it costs. I heard in here that if you don't get up to the benefit they just make up for it somehow anyway.

The 2% is on pretty much everything bought at a front end register inside aside from stamps and shop cards, on Costco Travel, and online purchases with the exact details here.

If you don't make back the upgrade fee you paid for executive, you bring in the rebate check to the membership desk and they refund you enough money so that you break even on the upgrade and downgrade you back to a regular membership. Being executive for a full year would mean you'd get the full $60 difference back, while someone who upgraded partway through a membership term for a prorated amount would get a refund of up to that prorated amount.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I tried that King Crab Chowder finally and I think someone else in here had it too. Eh, not really a fan. The first bite was oddly sweet. I got used to it after maybe 2 or 3 more. It was decent but I won't be buying it again. I still have another tub o' the broccoli cheese soup though and that stuff is good.

Yeah, my wife bought that this past weekend and I tried some a few days ago. Why does it have to be so sweet? Crab and corn are already naturally sweet, but there's no way they alone combined to make that chowder as sweet as it tasted.

I just checked the ingredients list and yep, they add sugar. God drat it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Executive members used to get to go in the store a half hour early but they got rid of that perk years ago :(

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
So the only benefit is if you spend more than $3,000/yr in the store, you'll get some money back. I'm sure I do as that averages out to just under $60/wk. Does it include gas?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I went to my Costco first thing on Saturday. The stampede to the TP/paper towel area resembled Black Friday. I got back there like 15 minutes after the store opened and the bulk of it was already gone, even with the two-item limit my store had.

I'd be saying "I sure wish I bought stock in Charmin a few weeks ago," except, you know, the whole market thing.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SirPablo posted:

So the only benefit is if you spend more than $3,000/yr in the store, you'll get some money back. I'm sure I do as that averages out to just under $60/wk. Does it include gas?

Nope. Pretty much only purchases at the cash register.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously though how hard is it to just buy the same amount of toilet paper that you normally would

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If toilet paper is scarce you know what isnt? Paper towels and extra trash bags.

Start getting used to making these sacrifices now it make it easier when the dark times finally come.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I went yesterday mid day and the TP was gone, I'm also down to my last package. I stocked up on wine and peanut butter so I'll trade for it when the time comes.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:hmmyes:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

pacerhimself posted:

Seriously though how hard is it to just buy the same amount of toilet paper that you normally would

If TP is perpetually out of stock then when you need it and you actually manage to find it, you'll buy 5x the amount because it doesn't go bad and you don't know when you'll be able to find it again, further feeding into the scarcity of TP in the first place.

Only way to break the TP scarcity issue is to flood the market with Kirland 2-ply.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Our species doesn’t deserve to live

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

FCKGW posted:

Only way to break the TP scarcity issue is to flood the market with Kirland 2-ply.

time to flood the zone, if you know what I mean

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I'm imaging people with coffee tables made of stacked TP packages because they have nowhere else to put all of their supply.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

I'm imaging people with coffee tables made of stacked TP packages because they have nowhere else to put all of their supply.

TP Igloos

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s a lot of TP to take, if you aren’t prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't go to Costco nearly enough to justify my executive membership. I'm going to cancel it today.