Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah it was a hit, I recommend. So fast and easy. I was thinkin bout how to just replicate it, would have to pre-cook the pasta and italian sausage but it wouldn't be too bad, could prep a bunch ahead of time and warm up what's needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Moey posted:

Uhhh, these things are like crack.

They're so rich, fortunately I can't stomach more than one at a time.

It's a nice treat for the wife and I. It's just what we need after a full day of this bullshit life of ours.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Renegret posted:

They're so rich, fortunately I can't stomach more than one at a time.

It's a nice treat for the wife and I. It's just what we need after a full day of this bullshit life of ours.

IMHO, best from the fridge or freezer.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Moey posted:

I'm glad I avoided buying them!

They were pretty cheap, too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I really like the Apple with Oats Premier Protein drinks. :thumbsup:

I just tried the Kirkland flavored sparkling water and it's great.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 27, 2020

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Costco run today in Columbus, OH. Had lots of everything as long as it was not Corona adjacent. No wipes, tp, bleach or paper towels. My wife didn't let me buy a bidet and its about to be real lovely around here.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
My friend just bought those sea salt caramels. So frickin good

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

More time to restock is a good thing.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I went to Costco and had to wait an hour to get TP and they said no wipes or bleach or anything and so I didn't look, then when I got home everyone was posting on local Facebook that they got wipes and Lysol spray. At least I got my tp and mayonnaise.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Truly a sight to behold. With such plentiful supplies we shall defeat the corona.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

just wipe the rona away ez

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I want more bleach and disinfecting wipes, that stuff is super hard to find here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I feel like hand sanitizer is going to be a folktale for the children

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Moey posted:

Been putting those down.

Went today, still no TP, paper towels, baby wipes, cleaning supplies, or flour. Shitloads of bottled water though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Makes sense, I've heard that a lot of them are getting pretty empty by late afternoon. Sucks for the employees losing hours, but they are probably happy to not be working 60 hour weeks anymore.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

a lot of people I know without costco privileges, could one buy giftcards for them as a member? IIRC you don't need membership if you use giftcard

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

binge crotching posted:

Makes sense, I've heard that a lot of them are getting pretty empty by late afternoon.
I'm glad a lot of them got backdated hazard pay bumps. I braved the opening horde because we legit had one pack of tp left and I tried to thank every employee I came across. I got there at 8:35 and they were pretty well organized. I can tell the folks manning the Paper Products area were frazzled at the rush and were probably sick of the daily zombie rush.

I'm sure they spend a bunch of time sanitizing all the surfaces or installing the plexiglass germ guards at the tills, too

Alan Smithee posted:

a lot of people I know without costco privileges, could one buy giftcards for them as a member? IIRC you don't need membership if you use giftcard
AFAIK they haven't changed that policy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if you give them say, 20 buxx can they cover the rest no problem or will they then start treating you different at the checkout the moment it goes over

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They had the plastic shields at the registers today, those weren't there on Monday. Meat dept. was pretty fully stocked, saw a lot more seafood and poultry than in the past few weeks. Myself, I picked up a pork belly to make some pork burnt ends on the new traegar.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Just curious, are you folks who are finding TP/corona-adjacent things in non-urban areas or are y'all just lucky?

A coworker's mom supposedly managed to find a huge bottle of hand sanitizer at church near Fremont or San Jose, CA this week. I personally think it was a mirage and will have vanished back into the ether by now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this was 100 years ago before the lockdown but I went to downtown LA (ralph's was still 24 hour so you could be in there when they restocked) and they had a bunch

I think it helped that it's a commuter job city (and super car parking unfriendly) as opposed to the more suburban areas where every soccer mom and their minivan goes

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zugzwang posted:

Just curious, are you folks who are finding TP/corona-adjacent things in non-urban areas or are y'all just lucky?
Lucky? I was in the center of the Valley (between the 405 and the 170/5) getting car poo poo done and I got out in time to think "well, better go line up and see about toilet paper and diapers".

I think it helps that there are 3 CostCo's in the valley within 20 minutes of each other and one Business Center as well.

While I was in line I hard one of the ChurchStaff mention that the Target down the block has been stocked full of Coronagoods every morning so I hit that up afterwards to get baby wipes, and they were almost out of TP, and all out of disinfectant wipes.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Alan Smithee posted:

if you give them say, 20 buxx can they cover the rest no problem or will they then start treating you different at the checkout the moment it goes over

The non-member will show the cashier the gift card and say they are not a member. The cashier will request a supervisor and call it as a "99". The super will punch in their code and the non-member will swipe the gift card and then pay the remainder with whatever cash, debit, or credit card that Costco normally accepts. The cashiers, I’m sure, are asked not to be judge mental, but they sometimes can be.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

bobfather posted:

The non-member will show the cashier the gift card and say they are not a member. The cashier will request a supervisor and call it as a "99". The super will punch in their code and the non-member will swipe the gift card and then pay the remainder with whatever cash, debit, or credit card that Costco normally accepts. The cashiers, I’m sure, are asked not to be judge mental, but they sometimes can be.

You forgot the details about the pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

where do you think the pizza and hot dog come from

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Anton Chigurh posted:

You forgot the details about the pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Missed opportunity to include a pneumatic bolt pistol.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Down to my last two rolls of TP, I had been waiting for some kind of lapse in weird hoarding tendencies but every night when I checked Costco (I live across the street) there's always a sign saying they are out. Employees just say to call in the morning since they don't know when resupply will be happening. My mom is literally mailing me some toilet paper (from CA to OH) because she keeps going during senior hours and buying toilet paper whenever she sees it there. Holy poo poo, what is wrong with old people.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I think the tp thing is self perpetuating

It’s like why did they bottlecaps as wasteland currency? Cuz

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Alan Smithee posted:

I think the tp thing is self perpetuating

It’s like why did they bottlecaps as wasteland currency? Cuz

Much like land, they aren't making any more bottlecaps (except for the sarsaparilla soda in New Vegas but I don't know if they're punching their own or what, it would be a mint otherwise.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Went to church, love the new limited customers inside policy, wish it was gonna stay after the pandemic. Here the list for my store in northern VA:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Wife thinks buying a bidet is gross. We have plenty of TP for now, but given the situation, is it really such a bad idea to buy one, not open it, then return it if I never end up needing it? Even if they end up disallowing bidet returns like they have with other things it seems like a non-crazy insurance policy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Has anyone actually seen sanitizer lately? I swear that poo poo was a myth and we imagined it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zugzwang posted:

Wife thinks buying a bidet is gross. We have plenty of TP for now, but given the situation, is it really such a bad idea to buy one, not open it, then return it if I never end up needing it? Even if they end up disallowing bidet returns like they have with other things it seems like a non-crazy insurance policy.

Send it to meeeee

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Alan Smithee posted:

Send it to meeeee
Not until I get an emergency backup bidet

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zugzwang posted:

Why not buy it and use it, yourself. That at least cuts down your usage by a quarter.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is some good poo poo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Down to my last two rolls of TP, I had been waiting for some kind of lapse in weird hoarding tendencies but every night when I checked Costco (I live across the street) there's always a sign saying they are out. Employees just say to call in the morning since they don't know when resupply will be happening. My mom is literally mailing me some toilet paper (from CA to OH) because she keeps going during senior hours and buying toilet paper whenever she sees it there. Holy poo poo, what is wrong with old people.

At this point we almost need the old fuckers to do this. They're the only ones who get the chance to loving buy and hoard it.

Costco needs to limit the TP and poo poo to literally one per card per week.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zugzwang posted:

Wife thinks buying a bidet is gross.
Install it. She doesn't have to use it.

But once she does... :sparkles:

At the very least you can explain how it'll revolutionize the way you eat :butt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html