Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Huge_Midget posted:

Fiery is my #1 and original #2 with black pepper and garlic my #3. There are some secret flavors you can order if you’re a goon and are on the mailing list.

Ooooo, I'm wondering if this is better than the Kirkland steak strips.

I love all jerky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Bleh, these Kirkland steak strips kind of suck. I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper than goon dude jerky, but I guess I'm gonna make a purchase once this bag is gone.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jerky is expensive as hell. Especially now that meat price are.going up. The pork jerky from Costco is good. Otherwise dehydrate your own if you want cheap

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My favorite is Old Trapper jerky. Also Alien Fresh. I should try that website though...I love me a good jerky.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Chinatown posted:

My favorite is Old Trapper jerky. Also Alien Fresh. I should try that website though...I love me a good jerky.

I do enjoy Old Trapper as well. The Hot and Spicy slows down the rate I eat it at too.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

More bacon burger. Pbuc.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Update. Via USPS, Costco has requested my feedback for the refund transaction involving the worker pounding away for five minutes. This worked will get high marks, and I shall include "pound" in my comments.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Oh man the Foodsaver vacuum sealers are unobtanium around here, my parents wanted me to pick one up for them and I'm zero for two trips this month.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I can't believe I just spent 60 dollars on jerky, thanks Costco thread

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers. You'll go through that in like a week.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

to get beefy u gotta eat beefy my man

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

to get beefy u gotta eat beefy my man

gently caress, I shouldn't have been eating so much pork

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

toplitzin posted:

More bacon burger. Pbuc.

GOD drat! DEM ONIONS CHUNKS! U A TRUE ONION MASTER :chud:

I sometimes just put a whole slice in my burgz

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

Jerky is expensive as hell. Especially now that meat price are.going up. The pork jerky from Costco is good. Otherwise dehydrate your own if you want cheap

Good news, the Ninja pressure cooker/air fryer is also a food dehydrator.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
My Koolatron 7 cu ft arrived dented. After hearing the stories from my friend who worked for brown, and seeing the packaging on this, I do not wonder why.

Keeps cool, though, so I'm gonna keep it.

Next I must return to the Business Center for commercial quantities of meat.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

:patriot:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

My Koolatron 7 cu ft arrived dented. After hearing the stories from my friend who worked for brown, and seeing the packaging on this, I do not wonder why.

Honestly you might want to talk to Customer Service and see if they'll at least take off or replace it for free. Not much skin off your back even if it's functional, itll gently caress up resale value

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
UPS is the worst shipping company in the world and I hate that Costco has a contract with them. I have countless stories of UPS loving deliveries up, either personal or business deliveries.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

ShowTime posted:

UPS is the worst shipping company in the world and I hate that Costco has a contract with them. I have countless stories of UPS loving deliveries up, either personal or business deliveries.

It can always be worse. They are still orders of magnitude better than FedEx.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
ADCAB

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I had to take delivery of 3 freezers before I got one that didn’t look like the one you posted, so good on you. The manu (not Costco) should at minimum knock a token amount off, at least that’s what GE offered me. I held out for my kids being the only ones who can kick dent my freezer

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Hed posted:

I had to take delivery of 3 freezers before I got one that didn’t look like the one you posted, so good on you. The manu (not Costco) should at minimum knock a token amount off, at least that’s what GE offered me. I held out for my kids being the only ones who can kick dent my freezer

Was this in the before time? Availability is a problem, that's the reason why I overpaid for this. I wouldn't exactly say I'm happy with it being dented, it's just that the whole idea behind buying this thing was filling it with ~10 weeks worth of food so that I can avoid standing in line unnecessarily, because the world has gone insane. And it looks like it's sufficient for that.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, this was definitely over a year ago. Kind of forgot they are a little harder to come by now.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Most of the reviews are also the same.

Arrived dented to poo poo.
Still works.

2 stars.

Not gonna lie, still tempted seeing as my last attempt at not Costco for a chest freezer was three weeks out then pushed to October.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Having gambled and lost: you should hold out for the Midea.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The Hambulance posted:

Let me tell you about this company called Pitney Bowes...your poo poo might arrive in a month, it might not. Your package will be crushed and might be ripped open; I've heard of people getting empty boxes delivered. There are a lot of smaller "logistic solutions" companies (not UPS, USPS, or Fedex) that will transport your package from it's source then hand off to USPS for local delivery. Some of them are absolutely horrible. They aren't a new company either, they have been around for 100 years.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

The Hambulance posted:

I can't agree with this. FedEx is expensive but they always do me right. Despite all the poo poo the USPS gets in the news, they are still the best shipping company in my eyes. I've rarely had an issue with them and when I do, they take care of it. As an example of how lovely UPS is: I scheduled a pickup (which cost me $10, but that's fine in the time of COVID) and the driver put the wrong label on my package. This of course, resulted in the package being delivered to the wrong address. Despite having insurance on the package and proof of the package being picked up and delivered to the wrong address, resulted in UPS continuing to just not understand what they hosed up and how I needed to be absolved. They picked up my package, delivered it to the wrong address and then continued to deny responsibility, despite me paying them for the extra service. So my $250 package? Gone. Just nothing to be done. I must called and spoken to 20+ different reps. I'd occasionally get a rep that would understand what happened and be like "whoa, yea we hosed up and you need to get a check for our gently caress up" and then the higher ups would be like "but wait, we never picked up the package, so gently caress you". I have the receipt of you loving up, you are just looking for a reason to not pay me for your gently caress up. UPS basically outlasted me and I gave up on ever getting me $250 back. I, and this is not an over statement, must have called their support line 20+ times, went to the local depot and spoke to someone in person twice (and showed them supporting documents) and was assured my issue would be taken care of. I was told multiple times "someone will call you back within an hour" or "our depot manager will call you back tomorrow" and it NEVER happened. There are so many issues related to this one delivery i'm not gonna get into, but some short examples include: I would upload documents to support my claim, they would appear on the website and the rep would be like "I can't see em". I even faxed them. Twice. Okay, we need you to upload them again. Okay, sure, i'll do that. Then I would go to upload and the site would tell me "you can't upload any more documents". Some reps would see the documents and some wouldn't. It was wild.

UPS gets by on being the cheapest available option. At this point, i'll gladly pay the extra 20% just to not have to deal with a lovely company again. Ever. If something is being delivered by UPS, including by Costco, i'll gladly pay for a different service or schedule a pick up at a local depot. Which kind of relates to Costco: the last time I had an item delivered to Costco (which was because of my previous experience with UPS) they lost the item in their warehouse and I had to wait 20 minutes for them to tell me "sorry, we can't find it, can we call you when we do?". I kept telling them to just let me go, I had frozen items I wanted to get home, and they kept telling me, we'll find it, it's here, let me talk to our delivery manager. It wasn't found while I was there and they finally let me go, but then I got a call an hour later from that manager telling me to pick it up. I can't pick it up today, i'm busy, okay we'll hold it and i'll make a note so you won't have any issues when you pick it up. The next day? Same god drat issues.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Paid my tithe today. Just fyi, the California whatever salami and cheese snack packs are gross. Both salami and cheese are supremely subpar.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Hambulance posted:

FedEx is the worst by far of the major package deliverers.

And UPS is union. Never had a problem with them. I hate FedEx with a passion. They've hosed up so many of my deliveries. I have a permanent note on any item shipped to my house that says "I'M HOME RING THE loving DOORBELL!"

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Having gambled and lost: you should hold out for the Midea.

My Midea is scheduled to arrive tomorrow between 9am and 1pm est. UPS of course.

Good luck to me.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

That dented freezer is worth at least a hundred buck gift card from the church as apology. I used to work in appliance delivery and it is such a pain to take returns on stuff like that it is easier to gift card.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Madea goes to the Freezer section.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Hambulance posted:

It can always be worse. They are still orders of magnitude better than FedEx DHL/OnTrack

fixed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Virigoth posted:

That dented freezer is worth at least a hundred buck gift card from the church as apology. I used to work in appliance delivery and it is such a pain to take returns on stuff like that it is easier to gift card.

yeah that, the logistics of them sending you a replacement and picking up probably means theres a chacne they'll throw you something or knock some price off. it might not be worth many calls, but it's worth a shot at least one call.

at the very least, it isnt about you per se but also making Costco aware that UPS sucks and probably contractually UPS may be on the hook for loving poo poo up so UPS should be paying Costco for claims

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 20, 2020

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I will do the needful.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

What’s the added benefit of the business membership? The only business center near me appears to be closed, and my friend/the owner of the restaurant I work at is about to take the plunge.

Another successful convert by evangelizing for the ‘co. PBUC

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Purolator has never not hosed up a parcel on me, including the time I called them and told them to just return the parcel to the sender because I accidentally bought something from a company that does business with Purolator (they lost it in transit).

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 20, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Minto Took posted:

Paid my tithe today. Just fyi, the California whatever salami and cheese snack packs are gross. Both salami and cheese are supremely subpar.

Are those the ones that have the salami wrapped around the cheese? Those are always pretty meh. They sell em at gas stations and I always kinda regret getting it if im hungry and on the road.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Are those the ones that have the salami wrapped around the cheese? Those are always pretty meh. They sell em at gas stations and I always kinda regret getting it if im hungry and on the road.

Nah, the salami and cheese were in separate compartments. Sliced salami and cubed white cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

California has no business curing salami. None.

I'd eat salami from any other state before I touch "Calami"

UPS's internal workings are like the eye of terror for packages. Its a grimoire symphony of package hate. Fedex to their credit just dosent want to transport boxes, only their precious $89.99 branded envelopes containing next-day by 8-am contracts and legal letters, and will offload them to unrelated company FedEx Ground. UPS actively hates packages.

Pitney Bowes isn't a carrier of anything and lol if your company got scammed by their collegeboy gelled hair creep sales man into thinking the are capable of anything other than basic franking and leasing out envelope moistening systems at what you'd pay for a minicomputer.