Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that sounds like the opposite of what manchego should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
all their cheese goes under the fridge shelf is the thing even the dry stuff

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I got a block of manchego from coco and it was uncomfortably wet and was way too creamy compared to what I'm used to. Did I get a bad one?

That’s how mine came, too. We ate through about half of it in various dishes and haven’t gotten it again.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I got a block of manchego from coco and it was uncomfortably wet and was way too creamy compared to what I'm used to. Did I get a bad one?

Huh I get their manchego often and it's always delicious. That doesn't sound like the cheese I know so fondly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sexy tiger boobs posted:

That doesn't sound like the cheese I know so fondu

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

wtf.......ravioli lasagna

?

My rankings of Costco Dinners that I have had...

1. Rotisserie Chicken
2. Stuffed Peppers
3. Enchiladas (though I prefer Sam's Club Enchiladas more)
4. Sausage and Pasta
5. Ravioli Lasagna
6. Mac and Cheese
7. Meatloaf
8. Pasta Tubes of Cheese with Spinach
9. Tacos

Note, they are all great to good or at work ok. I haven't had something that was bad.

I have not had the bulgogi but I hear it is not good. I also do not like fettuccine alfredo so I never bought it. I have not had the Pot Pie. I consider the Chicken Croissant and Caeser Salad a lunch item so it does not classify here.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
The bulgogi is just in your face sweet. That much seasoning is ok if you plan for it, but it's not that great if you are just eating it with rice. I have used it in bulgogi wraps successfully. Still I would probably just make my own if I had company coming over or something.

The Mac and cheese is easily my #2 after the roti chicken. Also the chicken alfredo is great.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

extravadanza posted:

The bulgogi is just in your face sweet.
Apparently this is authentic. From what some goons who live in korea posted, in the 90's the entire country decided to get diabetes and just started cranking up the sugar levels of their cuisine.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Apparently this is authentic. From what some goons who live in korea posted, in the 90's the entire country decided to get diabetes and just started cranking up the sugar levels of their cuisine.

Haha. I'd love to visit korea some day and find out myself!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i mean, you gotta have memories of 90s korean food to do the comparison

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Oh so it's authentic specifically for bulgogi from the 90s? Just need to wait for that time machine to be invented then, yep.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Gatts posted:

My rankings of Costco Dinners that I have had...

1. Rotisserie Chicken
2. Stuffed Peppers
3. Enchiladas (though I prefer Sam's Club Enchiladas more)
4. Sausage and Pasta
5. Ravioli Lasagna
6. Mac and Cheese
7. Meatloaf
8. Pasta Tubes of Cheese with Spinach
9. Tacos

Note, they are all great to good or at work ok. I haven't had something that was bad.

I have not had the bulgogi but I hear it is not good. I also do not like fettuccine alfredo so I never bought it. I have not had the Pot Pie. I consider the Chicken Croissant and Caeser Salad a lunch item so it does not classify here.

The Salmon with pesto butter is second on my list. Also, there is a new Shrimp Scampi coming soon.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fettuccine alfredo isn't a real thing. you just mashed some italian sounding words together

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i like the uhhhhhh alfredo pizza ravioli tagliatelle?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

fettuccine alfredo isn't a real thing. you just mashed some italian sounding words together

Mama mia! Iss'a this true?!!?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/Sk9HCxfIREo

Someone should tell the italians they aren't making real food

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Tell that to my uncle Linguini Del Mar who came over from Sicily so we took him to the Olive Garden

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

extravadanza posted:

Oh so it's authentic specifically for bulgogi from the 90s? Just need to wait for that time machine to be invented then, yep.

No the trend started in the 90's and has continued, it's authentic for now allegedly. Again this is all second hand goon knowledge.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Tell that to my uncle Linguini Del Mar who came over from Sicily so we took him to the Olive Garden
And on that day he finally became part of the family

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The chicken pot pies are legit. They're kinda high in sodium but all the ingredients are quality and it's a lot of food for the price. For the same effort as making a frozen pizza it really feels like a good homemade meal.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Before the pandemic I was cooking and eating lots of those Trader Joe's marinated meats (bulgogi beef, pollo asado, lamb, steak tips). Does costco have anything similar? I just found the bulgogi last time I ordered and it was great but fairly sweet, and meat+rice is a weight-loss-while-lifting meal for me. Does anyone buy massive bits of meat and cut them up + freeze them? What do you recommend for that?

edit:

Gaius Marius posted:

poisonpill posted:

I know someone from New York who insists Pizza is from New York and only New Yorkers can judge pizza. He's "Italian" (he's actually American born and raised but calls himself Italian) and pointed at the wikipedia page for pizza to prove he's right, when I told him pizza is from Italy and not NYC.

redreader fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 28, 2021

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Gaius Marius posted:

https://youtu.be/Sk9HCxfIREo

The Italian dish is butter and cheese, not a heavy cream based sauce.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

redreader posted:

Before the pandemic I was cooking and eating lots of those Trader Joe's marinated meats (bulgogi beef, pollo asado, lamb, steak tips). Does costco have anything similar? I just found the bulgogi last time I ordered and it was great but fairly sweet, and meat+rice is a weight-loss-while-lifting meal for me. Does anyone buy massive bits of meat and cut them up + freeze them? What do you recommend for that?

I can’t remember if they sell marinated pork tenderloin but it’s very easy to marinate yourself. The plain comes in I think a four-pack (two 1lb tenderloins in each pouch). It’s incredibly lean so it would probably work well for this. Freezes well.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the chicken alfredo and chicken pot pie are both good too. its the same chicken in all their prepared meals which is just avg but it tastes good enough for how convenient it is. i saw they recently started having the sausage and pasta one as well so ill probably try that next time i go.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Costco: It's very easy to marinate yourself

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
About to make a run to church any suggestions

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Derpies posted:

About to make a run to church any suggestions

I get those huge packs of like 12 6oz cans of tuna. You could use tuna for lots of things.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lots of eggs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I get those huge packs of like 12 6oz cans of tuna. You could use tuna for lots of things.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Sweet Jacobs well getting some press....although I am not sure why :psyduck:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

david_a posted:

I can’t remember if they sell marinated pork tenderloin but it’s very easy to marinate yourself. The plain comes in I think a four-pack (two 1lb tenderloins in each pouch). It’s incredibly lean so it would probably work well for this. Freezes well.

This is a good tip. Of all things I find lovely store brand Italian dressing is a great marinade, also works on chicken. Butterfly the tenderloin and slam it with a mallet (or an empty wine bottle or something) if you're feeling fancy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

redreader posted:

I know someone from New York who insists Pizza is from New York and only New Yorkers can judge pizza. He's "Italian" (he's actually American born and raised but calls himself Italian) and pointed at the wikipedia page for pizza to prove he's right, when I told him pizza is from Italy and not NYC.

This whole attitude is really prevalent among new yorkers to the point it's become a complete parody of itself. There's a competition among people who are at least 3rd generation american, less than half Italian by blood, and who's family hasn't spoken the language or even been to Italy in years, yet they fight over who's the most Italian of the bunch. Every single person I've known with a single drop off Italian blood in them has joined the competition. None of them know anything about Italian culture of course. It's considered weird if you're like that for any other nationality but expected if you're Italian.

As far as the pizza thing, there's a split between people who think that NYC invented pizza, and people who believe NYC perfected pizza.

Source: I used to be this way until I got older and started having more important things to worry about. I used to be in the "perfected" pizza camp until I got tired of the whole thing and took a "who cares, just eat what makes you happy" stance. I've been to Italy, I've had the pizza there, you can't compare the two. They're different experiences altogether.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 1, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

schreibs posted:

Sweet Jacobs well getting some press....although I am not sure why :psyduck:

It thawed out

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Renegret posted:

This whole attitude is really prevalent among new yorkers to the point it's become a complete parody of itself. There's a competition among people who are at least 3rd generation american, less than half Italian by blood, and who's family hasn't spoken the language or even been to Italy in years, yet they fight over who's the most Italian of the bunch. Every single person I've known with a single drop off Italian blood in them has joined the competition. None of them know anything about Italian culture of course. It's considered weird if you're like that for any other nationality but expected if you're Italian.

I would say the same thing for a lot of Italian and Irish-ancestry folks in MA.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hello thread. Been awhile.

Today was a good day. Went in and bought a few things I needed and used my Executive rebate. It says you can't redeem it for cash but they gave me the remaining $150 balance in cash!

Then I went to the counter to get even MORE cash from my Citi VISA Rewards card annual cash-back. Walked out with what I needed and around $600 bux. :homebrew:

P
B
U
C

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown posted:

Today was a good day. Went in and bought a few things I needed and used my Executive rebate. It says you can't redeem it for cash but they gave me the remaining $150 balance in cash!

Then I went to the counter to get even MORE cash from my Citi VISA Rewards card annual cash-back. Walked out with what I needed and around $600 bux. :homebrew:

P
B
U
C

Oh yeah I cashed mine today too. Feeling like Jean Ralphio right now. It was also nice and quiet today.

Ugh and they have the mower that was on my list and it's $50 cheaper than my budget, just two months before I wanted to buy it.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

I would say the same thing for a lot of Italian and Irish-ancestry folks in MA.
my new roommate from italy, had never been to the US prior to the pandemic, taking him to the north end someday is going to be a major lol

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Friends, I have a new washer and dryer set courtesy of Costco. Delivery people (while not formally part of the church) came during the specified window and had everything all hooked up and ready inside an hour. Great price too.

Next year’s costco rebates are going to be sick (executive member and citi card holder).

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Thwomp posted:

Friends, I have a new washer and dryer set courtesy of Costco. Delivery people (while not formally part of the church) came during the specified window and had everything all hooked up and ready inside an hour. Great price too.

Next year’s costco rebates are going to be sick (executive member and citi card holder).

as someone who just bought a house 18 months ago, costco is really killer for getting set up with everything you need, and stacking the small appliance warranty with the citi card warranty is nice.

A few months after moving in, I realized my fridge was not doing great, for the model I was looking at it was cheaper to pay for the costco membership and get it there, than to buy it at menard's even on an 11% rebate week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Chinatown posted:

P
B
U
C

That's weird, I've only ever redeemed mine for cash. I went in last week and got a case of water + a few hundred bucks. The cashier told me I should have printed off the full email instead of just the certificate part but he still handed me a wad of cash so it all worked out.