Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Alan Smithee posted:

big fan of pink ladies personally.

:yossame:

Literally high-fived my brother when I found out they're our mutual favorite. I was really turned off from apples for years because of all the god drat red delicious/golden delicious/granny smiths that were so common when I was a kid and the Haralson trees we had in the back yard. Discovering Pink Lady apples was a life changer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m a big fan of Ambrosia apples but also pink ladies.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rate my personality: I love Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples. Definitely my top 1/2.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

tangy yet delightful posted:

Rate my personality: I love Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples. Definitely my top 1/2.

Tangy yet delightful

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I like any apple as long as it isn't mealy. If I wanted to eat sand I'd go to a playground.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what about meal wormy

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Alan Smithee posted:

what about meal wormy

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Honey crisps or sweet tangos or GTFO!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Opal apples are really nice, honey crisp are good, Envy are better, and Koru are inedible.

Any baking apples are good if you halve them, core them, fill them with cookie butter, pour over melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon and oatmeal and bake. I buy the bags of apples at Costco for this once a week.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I've been getting Pink Pearls lately. Good flavor and even though the outside is green the inside is Pink! It looks like your mouth is bleeding!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks everyone. All I can get is organic everything apart from envy so I got one of those, but there were so many pink lady votes that I got some of those too. I hope they're still nice at this time of year.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Cosmic Crisps are bomb. Not sure I’ve ever seen them at Costco, though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
granny smith reigns supreme

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Organic is a marketing term it doesn't mean anything.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Cosmic Crisp are definitely the best apples I’ve ever eaten. Hopefully the orchards start expanding soon and costco can pick it up.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gaius Marius posted:

Fully agree. I winced when I bought organic almonds and Walnuts at my wife's request. I started and let go of my argument before I left the house.

robotheist
Dec 31, 2007
Back in the fall they had these apples called Snapdragons and they were the best apple I've ever had. Super crunchy, sweet, a little bit floral.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

StormDrain posted:

I've been getting Pink Pearls lately. Good flavor and even though the outside is green the inside is Pink! It looks like your mouth is bleeding!

Where are you getting them? I’ve only been able to get them the one weekend a year a local PYO orchard’s heirloom trees are open for picking. This last fall the trees were already picked over and we only managed to get two.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Cosmic Crisp are definitely the best apples I’ve ever eaten. Hopefully the orchards start expanding soon and costco can pick it up.

Cosmic crisp fan here too. You can pick them up for a little less than $2/lb at Sam’s club if you’re a heathen like me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gala and honeycrisp are my favorites so far. I need to branch out and try more. I tried Fuji apples about a month ago and threw the last couple out. They were bad.

lostleaf posted:

Cosmic crisp fan here too. You can pick them up for a little less than $2/lb at Sam’s club if you’re a heathen like me.

:frogout:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

SpannerX posted:

Honey crisps or sweet tangos or GTFO!

Jonagolds

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

EPICAC posted:

Where are you getting them? I’ve only been able to get them the one weekend a year a local PYO orchard’s heirloom trees are open for picking. This last fall the trees were already picked over and we only managed to get two.

I had a produce delivery set up until last week and it was just a random assortment but for months that's the kind that we got! So in the end idk where they came from. An orchard to a distributor to my door.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Organic is a scam to make people feel better and pay more.

I totally trust that these bananas from South America are 100% organic.

Hell even in the US there are ways around it so it’s technically organic but in reality it’s not.

It’s the same thing with angus beef.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I only got pink ladies, my order says I only ordered Envy and that I received them, so that's weird. But the pink lady in my oatmeal is really good so thanks for that recommendation!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Irish stew they have in the refrigerator section is legit yall.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Coredump posted:

Was that the lamb one that is in a bag you can sous vide or microwave? I liked that too, just reheat and go.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Costco pizza makes me take big dookers and hurts my tum tum.

Not because its bad, i just eat like 9 slices in 30 mins.

The chicken bakes make me feel legit bad after 1. Like real guilty, "i shouldn't of eaten this" kinda way.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 3, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Coredump posted:

That sounds up my alley.

I got the mailer today! I don't see anything that stands out to me though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I do love me an 800 calorie slice of cheese pizza.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco pizza makes me take big dookers and hurts tum tum.

Not because its bad, i just eat like 9 slices in 30 mins.

The chicken bakes make me feel legit bad after 1. Like real guilty, "i shouldn't of eaten this" kinda way.

The meat tubes of chicken bakes always make me feel like I just took a week off of my life. 100% regrets.

Sharing a slice of the 2$ pizza with my girlfriend seems to be the sweet spot of Costco food court food. I could easily eat the slice myself but it’s like 700 calories or something so sharing it never makes me feel like I just shortened my life.

That pizza is so fukken good too. And don’t get me started on the mocha freeze basically milk shakes. Oh man.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bring back the god drat onion dispenser

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Chinatown posted:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

please sir, i yearn to TURN CLOCKWISE

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Laying in my bed right now, daydreaming about onion dispensers and combination pizza

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Laying in my bed right now, daydreaming about onion dispensers and combination pizza

i used to put onions on my combo slices!!! :negative:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I miss their chicken Caesar salads.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I miss their chicken Caesar salads.

Same! I'd grab a 2-3 and bring them to my office for lunches.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

yeah I feel bad if I get a slice and a dog but I get halfway through a chicken bake and am overwhelmed with shame.

speaking of shame, costco sent out a recall notice on kirkland gin this afternoon. I of course returned my half drank bottle, the lady at the return counter was NOT happy and didn't believe me, she went away to pound buttons on their computer for ten minutes while another customer heckled me, then finally grudgingly accepted the return. A+ customer experience.

I went back to see if I could get another and they had pulled all of it off the shelf, so evidently someone at the store had heard of the recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What do you all have with the a-sha tainan ramen noodles? I could see some green onion, maybe cucumber strips, a poached or hardboiled egg, sauteed tofu, cooked beef/chicken/pork any other good ideas? Just want to see if any pantry staples would be a good fit.