Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Those weatherproof pants are legit. I got some to wear to work originally but wore them kayak fishing yesterday. Baller af. Sitting in church parking lot heading in to go grab a couple more pair if they still have them.

End of trip I ended up waist deep in saltwater and was dry by the time I had the car loaded back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

iwentdoodie posted:

Those weatherproof pants are legit. I got some to wear to work originally but wore them kayak fishing yesterday. Baller af. Sitting in church parking lot heading in to go grab a couple more pair if they still have them.

End of trip I ended up waist deep in saltwater and was dry by the time I had the car loaded back up.

Yes I wear them to work too. They look nice, feel comfortable, and have me poised for action.

I want to try the açaí frozen bowls since my daughter loves it.

Also blended scotch sounds interesting.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My co hasn't had the acai bowls in almost 2 years. Assholes.

Went for pants, got a thermostat. Welp.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
We got a broan range hood 2 years ago from costco online, now the switches are all kinda janky. Anyone have experience contacting the “concierge” for stuff like this?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
After two weeks of frustration with the moron rear end in a top hat butt bitches at the tire center, and probably 10 phone calls and two in-person visits, finally my issue was fixed by getting hold of a manager. these assholes jerked me around so much it's still got me a little mad, and yeah i took it out on everyone because god loving dammit. But this awesome dude was able to fix my issue inside of a few minutes. Sometimes channeling your inner karen pays off.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

First, got the Braun 9 electric shaver. I've been a safety razor guy for a while, but I'm having a good time with it. The charging/washing stand is both precious and amazing. It has a little hot air fan in there to dry it off.

We also got a string of lights with a solar powered base for our gazebo and it fully owns. They have replaceable bulbs, too, and it's looking great. I may just pop the other in my camping kit.

very interested in these. does anyone have a link to them on the site so I can evaluate before seeing if theyre in stock at my local co?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Supreme Allah posted:

moron rear end in a top hat butt bitches

No homophobic slurs in the Costco thread, please- this is a place for all people who recognize the glory of Costco. Costco loves all its members without prejudice.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

iwentdoodie posted:

My co hasn't had the acai bowls in almost 2 years. Assholes.

Went for pants, got a thermostat. Welp.

I have waffled on the thermostat a dozen times, and curse myself everytime I wake up too hot because someone turned it up too high. Or it's somehow still set to on in June, and runs in the morning when it'll be plenty warm.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

thathonkey posted:

very interested in these. does anyone have a link to them on the site so I can evaluate before seeing if theyre in stock at my local co?

Braun:

https://www.costco.com/braun-series-9-shaver-with-clean-and-charge-system.product.100735848.html

Lights I could not find on the website, but I believe they are these:

https://sunforceproducts.com/products/solar-string-lights-15-led-bulbs/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drat it looks like range hoods only get the 90 day return and 2 year warranty. Shocking what a crappy pos this turned out to be :sigh:

Could look into my credit card warranty extension but I think it was on a card I have now cancelled so ffff.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Supreme Allah posted:

After two weeks of frustration with the moron rear end in a top hat butt bitches at the tire center, and probably 10 phone calls and two in-person visits, finally my issue was fixed by getting hold of a manager. these assholes jerked me around so much it's still got me a little mad, and yeah i took it out on everyone because god loving dammit. But this awesome dude was able to fix my issue inside of a few minutes. Sometimes channeling your inner karen pays off.

What was the issue?

StormDrain posted:

I have waffled on the thermostat a dozen times, and curse myself everytime I wake up too hot because someone turned it up too high. Or it's somehow still set to on in June, and runs in the morning when it'll be plenty warm.

I really didn't want to, but our thermostat is on a wall shared with the garage. It'll eventually get hot enough in the garage that the thermostat says it's like 80*, so never shuts off. Meanwhile the house is actually like 65 and we're freezing. So its either constantly turning it on and off (which doesn't work if we aren't home, so pets are either boiling or freezing) or just astronomical cooling bills in the summer. So ecobee3 lite with room sensor for 149 it is.

Hopefully it works, the thermostat by itself is on sale for 149 everywhere else so the room sensor made it worth it. Had been planning on a Honeywell T9, because it was cheaper, but this sale made the ecobee a better buy by $50.

Edit: one funny moment from trip today was the line/waiting area for covid shots. Pharmacist shamed people in the waiting area with "look, we don't ask for proof of Vax to not wear a mask...but you guys are waiting on a shot. Masks are here."

Downside was zero masks for sale in store and my wife and I still need them for work.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thanks, how close of a shave does the braun give compared with a normal safety blade? ive never liked electric for anything other than trimmer but its been over a decade since i tried one they probably gotten better

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

My roommate went to the local Costco tire center to get a tire repaired. 2 hours later on the interstate it went flat again and she had to go to the nearest Costco to get it fixed again. When she complained to the first tire center they basically called her a liar and told her they did the job perfectly. She had to file a complaint with both receipts for service because the original Costco tire center would absolutely not accept that they hosed up.

I would rather pay the extra cost at a local shop then deal with Costco tire center.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah Costco as a company is very good about admitting when they gently caress up. But the individual employees at Costco, not so much.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I still go discount tire for tire needs. Theyll what ever you want no questions asked at any if their locations. poo poo, you could throw a tire through their window if you're not satisfied!

I haven't heard many good things bout Costcos tire center.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

thathonkey posted:

thanks, how close of a shave does the braun give compared with a normal safety blade? ive never liked electric for anything other than trimmer but its been over a decade since i tried one they probably gotten better

It's not the same, but it's definitely good. It really wants to go against the grain, and it's kinda particular about it. I've only used it twice so far, though.

Both dry and wet shaving cream went well, I liked the cream more. I'm going to try using Crema tomorrow.

I'm down with it, and I'll just save my safety razor for when I feel like treating myself.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

NewFatMike posted:

It's not the same, but it's definitely good. It really wants to go against the grain, and it's kinda particular about it. I've only used it twice so far, though.

Both dry and wet shaving cream went well, I liked the cream more. I'm going to try using Crema tomorrow.

I'm down with it, and I'll just save my safety razor for when I feel like treating myself.

When I used an electric razor I found moving in small circles worked the best. Because it needs a blade guard it's harder for the cutting edge to get closer, so going in a little circle maximizes the chance you can get a hair to stand up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I actually like those philips one blade thing for shaving my upper cheeks/neck and keeping the beard trimmed to a good length. They’re cheap and the blades last quite a while for me!

Probably not the best for clean shaving though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I have a Norelco trimmer for the beard, a One Blade for my neck and to trim up the edges n poo poo, and an old 3 circular blade shaver to get all the stubble.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Took my friend on his first Costco run ever. We didn't even hit up the cold areas. That's trip two. What a Disneyesque experience.

Bought a fancy Panasonic microwave. I've only used hand-me-down microwaves my entire life and I'm curious to see how this compares :buddy:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I need to get a new microwave, the panasonic I’ve had for 13 years or so is still working fine except the latch for the door has worn so it doesn’t catch unless you slam the gently caress out of it and it’s really annoying. Of course you can’t just repair it easily either :sigh:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

DarkHorse posted:

When I used an electric razor I found moving in small circles worked the best. Because it needs a blade guard it's harder for the cutting edge to get closer, so going in a little circle maximizes the chance you can get a hair to stand up

Ooh nice, I'll give it a shot!

I'm really enjoying it overall. The trimmer thing on the back is pretty rad. And I cannot stress enough that the base is darling.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

priznat posted:

I need to get a new microwave, the panasonic I’ve had for 13 years or so is still working fine except the latch for the door has worn so it doesn’t catch unless you slam the gently caress out of it and it’s really annoying. Of course you can’t just repair it easily either :sigh:

What about it prevents it from being repaired?

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
KIRKLAND BEER ALERT

I'm at the Hayward regular warehouse and there are 24 packs of Kirkland brand Citra Hop Session IPA for $19.99. I'll add photos once I'm done shopping.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Costco is like the opposite of Wish

Queen size pillow:

Wait no what

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Bigchops posted:

KIRKLAND BEER ALERT

I'm at the Hayward regular warehouse and there are 24 packs of Kirkland brand Citra Hop Session IPA for $19.99. I'll add photos once I'm done shopping.

Oh poo poo that's right I had one today and it was perfectly serviceable. The citra hop part is definitely supposed to just make it seem fancier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
kirklands 30 (36?) rack of light beer was the perfect garbage beerpong beer

it was too good (awful) for this world

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Knot My President! posted:

What about it prevents it from being repaired?

It's actually metal flanges from the case holding the latch assembly inside that start to bend/flex. I have taken it apart a few times to do the fix in this video but it seems to help less and less each time. Some grease helped too.

Basically it's just not built for long term use, planned break down or whatever.

It sucks too because there are basically only 2 manufacturers of microwaves and Panasonic is actually the better one.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

for my birthday i'm getting a whole costco cheese pizza, just for me, might even hit up a 6-pack of danishes for dessert

calories... in spaaaaaaaaaaace

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

for my birthday i'm getting a whole costco cheese pizza, just for me, might even hit up a 6-pack of danishes for dessert

calories... in spaaaaaaaaaaace

What about just ooooone eensy weensy box of 16 boba ice cream bars?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
My 10 year old shark navigator vacuum seems to have clogged for good this time, I can’t get it to run right. Possibly needs new filters but I’ve tried that, and the vacuum head seems clean (including the tube leading up to the vacuum).

Anyway what do people think about this one?

https://www.costco.com/bissell-multiclean-allergen-lift-off-pet-slim-deluxe-upright-vacuum.product.100737281.html

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Chinatown posted:

kirklands 30 (36?) rack of light beer was the perfect garbage beerpong beer

it was too good (awful) for this world

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Supreme Allah posted:

What was your issue?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

holy poo poo was it that many? lmao that ruled.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Chinatown posted:

holy poo poo was it that many? lmao that ruled.

Knocking back double-digit amounts of almost freezing Kirkland Light with some friends outside on a 95 degree day ruled, indeed.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Does Kirkland Light actually taste bad or is it just another light beer? I don't get when people (performatively, I suspect) trash light beer as having a horrible offensive taste, when it really doesn't have a strong flavor at all. Sometimes a light beer is just what the doctor ordered, especially on a hot day.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

silence_kit posted:

Does Kirkland Light actually taste bad or is it just another light beer? I don't get when people (performatively, I suspect) trash light beer as having a horrible offensive taste, when it really doesn't have a strong flavor at all. Sometimes a light beer is just what the doctor ordered, especially on a hot day.

Stunningly bad. Each 12oz can tasted like the brewer added 6 drops of 93 octane gasoline to stale flint michigan tap water.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They were legit bad and I will happily drink Bud lite

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It tastes exactly like Keystone Light that got hot in a car, got recooled in a fridge and forgotten about, taken to the beach and forgotten about in the sun, recooled in a cheap ice chest, then drunk out of desperation by the side of the road when the truck breaks down on the way home from the beach.

And sometimes it's salty tasting. No two cans ever tasted the same out of the box if they ever got hot.

My favorite beer is Miller Light, you should take my words as gospel: Kirkland Light was VERY. BAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Coors Light has been scientifically proven to be the best cheap beer, its frost brewed and cold activated and those are fancy terms