Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Chinatown posted:

If you want to wear a mask that's fine. People who have been vaxxed and don't want to wear one anymore is also fine.

That's it.

This guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

I want to get married to a goon just so I can have people throw little Costco onion bits instead of rice

:hmmyes:

edit: please stop mask chat

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 18, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: please stop mask chat

Barry posted:

This guy gets it

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Saving this blessed thread from mask chat by quoting this hellablessed scripture

fizzymercury posted:

Normalize purse onions.

Incredible. Absolutely brilliant.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If everything smells like diced onions, nothing smells like diced onions

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sometimes when im dicing onions i take a piece of onion and eat it by itself. delicious.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

sometimes when im dicing onions i take a piece of onion and eat it by itself. delicious.

When you're serving pinto beans does it also come with an onion slab?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Apparently my grandfather used to just eat raw onions like apples

I love onions but maybe not that much

Anyway tip of the day: rub your fingers on a penny after you're done cutting and they won't smell like onions or make you cry anymore

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Does the TSA count deli mustard as a liquid, asking for a friend with a purse

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

oh you dirty dirty dog ... i love it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wow neat I just discovered that costco.ca online has a lot of anker stuff like the usb-c plugs for prices way better than amazon! Sweet.

How are the anker cordless vacuum and roomba clones? Interested in both of those.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Korean-Chinese restaurants serve raw onion pieces with a fermented black bean paste for dipping. Add a squirt of vinegar on the onion, a little dip, and bam, you too can smell like an old Korean man with the most horrible onion breath that enjoyed a fine and pungent side dish/condiment with his Korean-Chinese meal.

It's good, but in really small doses. Everyone just eats the sweet picked radish next to it instead.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I wear a mask over my eyes because i cant stand 2 see u haters😎

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Does the TSA count deli mustard as a liquid, asking for a friend with a purse

yea probably

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

thathonkey posted:

yea probably

The terrorists won

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I've been seeing some 505 chili love in here and I could really use some ideas. I bought it a while ago thinking it was salsa and I think the jar is still good, it just needs a reason to live. I've thought about trying to blend it up into a salsa but ennnhhhhh.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I've been seeing some 505 chili love in here and I could really use some ideas. I bought it a while ago thinking it was salsa and I think the jar is still good, it just needs a reason to live. I've thought about trying to blend it up into a salsa but ennnhhhhh.

Just blister some tomatoes and blend with the 505, some garlic, salt and cilantro for a quick and easy salsa. Add/remove stuff to taste.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lol if you don't carry around a dime bag of diced onion just in case you get a costco hotdogs. It been over a year people, get your act together.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Shwqa posted:

Lol if you don't carry around a dime bag of diced onion just in case you get a costco hotdogs. It been over a year people, get your act together.

It was the style at the time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Finally busted out the Food Saver I got from Costco. It's a bit finicky. More often then not the vacuum wouldn't stop and I had to hit the seal button. I think I have to work on the bag positioning.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Make sure you’re sticking the edge of the bag down into the little slot.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RocketLunatic posted:

I told my wife that right now a Costco dog and soda is probably in my top ten meal options. Just a good dog at a killer price.

I had one yesterday and ate half of my wife’s dog. Condiment dispenser and tables were out. No relish or onions however.

We bought an Ion Pathfinder (?) portable music amp thing for an outdoor event. It was $40 off and decent value but returned it. Not really loud enough. It did have a bottle opener built in which was cool, but cranked up, it didn’t sound super great. Great return policy for Costco though.

They also have Japanese fish-shaped custard/cream filled deserts right now. A common desert shape for street food in Japan/Korea, though the Korean kinds are filled with red bean. We love finding fun stuff like this to give a try.

Get two of these and never have to think about outdoor speakers again. Don't be fooled by the size, they're louder and have more bass than any bookshelf system I've ever owned.

https://www.amazon.com/OontZ-Angle-Ultra-Hi-Quality-Splashproof/dp/B073BVWRSP

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Wow neat I just discovered that costco.ca online has a lot of anker stuff like the usb-c plugs for prices way better than amazon! Sweet.

How are the anker cordless vacuum and roomba clones? Interested in both of those.

Oh, man, I have like one anker usb-c cable and it's my favorite one I own. I'll have to look into that. I don't even know where I got it!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hutla posted:

Make sure you’re sticking the edge of the bag down into the little slot.

The green slot? It's not very deep. The instructions that came with it was one quick start sheet with like 6 steps on it. I had to look up the manual online.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

The green slot? It's not very deep. The instructions that came with it was one quick start sheet with like 6 steps on it. I had to look up the manual online.

Did you role the edge over on the bag before you put the meat in? Sometimes the liquid or fat from the meat can cause issues with vacuum sealing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

priznat posted:

Anker/Eufy (Anker's houseware brand) and a great cheap robot vacuum. Basic bump and run kind of stuff.

Roborock/Wyze make a LIDAR based robo vac for under $300 which is a fantastic price. Roomba still the best for longevity due to an abundance of parts available for them and ease of repair.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I went on a novel-to-me late Friday run (do not recommend; too busy). $336 and the most expensive item was >$30, WTF did I even buy!!! I got one of those tower fans everybody raves about (already have two Vornados but I guess this can complement them).

I should have just gotten the rotisserie chicken, but I decided to try the St Lous ribs. I’m not a big rib guy so I don’t feel entirely qualified to rate them. However, I will never be getting them again - too much fat/tendon/gristle/whatever that is. They’re not bad but I feel like it’s too much effort to get the meat out of it. I think it’ll probably make for some good burritos with 505 and maybe some rice and/or beans.

It doesn’t have any preservatives, so don’t keep it too long. I freeze half of it when I open a jar.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SpannerX posted:

Did you role the edge over on the bag before you put the meat in? Sometimes the liquid or fat from the meat can cause issues with vacuum sealing.

No but now I'm thinking that green plastic piece might just be a protector during shipping, etc.

It's probably supposed to be removed. I'll check it out when I get back home.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Yeah, there’s a little drip tray that you need to either perfectly center your cut edge on or bend the bag down into. Bending the bag is way easier.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

pentyne posted:

There's no way there isn't some other tax benefit associated with this either.

It's not actually true that they sell at a loss. Rather that they are missing out on potential profit by raising the price of the rotisserie.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Finally busted out the Food Saver I got from Costco. It's a bit finicky. More often then not the vacuum wouldn't stop and I had to hit the seal button. I think I have to work on the bag positioning.

On my older model hitting the seal button while it's still vacuuming would allow a little air back into the bag. Something to keep an eye out for maybe.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Use longer lengths of bag for moist foods, gives more room for the juice to stretch before it hits the seal.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Enos Cabell posted:

Use longer lengths of bag for moist foods, gives more room for the juice to stretch before it hits the seal.

This

Narrow rolls are best for most single serving (sous vide) sized packs.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

You use it like spicy relish. Put it in burritos, tacos, quessidillas, enchiladas, eggs, burgers, etc. Maybe not quite the right season but it also mixes into chili con Carne or a pork green chili recipe too.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Don't forget you can freeze/slightly freeze some moist things before vacuum sealing for an easier time.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Don't think I've ever seen the onion dispenser here in all my years in BC Canada... They would give us little containers of onions if we asked for them, as well as banana peppers and sauerkraut which I miss more

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Angry Asian posted:

Don't think I've ever seen the onion dispenser here in all my years in BC Canada... They would give us little containers of onions if we asked for them, as well as banana peppers and sauerkraut which I miss more

Banana peppers :aaaaa:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Angry Asian posted:

They used to have onions at the condiment station at Burnaby costcos but you had to scoop em so of course morons would make a complete mess of it and they went to the individual containers even pre covid iirc.

They had the banana peppers and sauerkraut in the place to scoop too but yeah it was best to just avoid that after the masses stampeded through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Angry Asian posted:

priznat posted:

They used to have onions at the condiment station at Burnaby costcos but you had to scoop em so of course morons would make a complete mess of it and they went to the individual containers even pre covid iirc.

They had the banana peppers and sauerkraut in the place to scoop too but yeah it was best to just avoid that after the masses stampeded through.
What about mustard, ketchup? Do they have the push-top dispensers with the internal condiment bladders? Those condiment bladders are awesome; they keep the air from screwing with the condiments much better than just putting it in a jar with a pump or whatever.

Onion Dispenser though if you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-zCsf_-OG4

Just crank those onions onto your dog.