Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I forgot the Kirkland frozen chicken bakes are like, 50% less the size of the food court ones. Bummer...

Still drat good!

Especially when you been :weed: :okpos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh and i also bought a giant bag of Veggie straws. gently caress you frito lay!!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

fizzymercury posted:

Lemon Pledge smells like it would taste delicious. It doesn't though. Not at all.

What was something that you were thinking about tasting but decided against?

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
The deli bulgogi is on sale $4 off hell yeah.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

What was something that you were thinking about tasting but decided against?
No I tasted it cause an evil kid in my Girl Scout troop made me drink some mop water at camp. It didn't burn as much as I thought it would and that's the nicest thing I can say about it.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

SamDabbers posted:

Love these Costco sandwich rolls. And turkey. And cheese.

:nice: I recently did the croissants with the turkey, bell peppers, lettuce, and a bit of the avocado oil mayonnaise

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it looks like we have some sparkly water noobs in this thread. here are some tips for those of you who aren't hip to the Laws of La Croix:

1) the quality of each flavor is very subjective. every person i know who drinks sparkling water has some flavors that they love, and some that they think are disgusting. flavors are also completely different by brand, so if you like lime Bubly it's no guarantee you will like lime La Croix

2) variety packs can be very hit or miss. MY WIFE and i rarely buy variety packs of sparkling water at costco because most of the combos that we see there include a flavor that one of us hates. if one of the minor flavors of a pack is an unknown, i might go for it, but i won't buy a pack where most of the cans are unknown flavors to me

3) carbonation varies a lot between brands. some people love the carbonation level of a certain brand, while others hate it. this is another area of personal preference you just have to figure out over time. in my opinion we're getting to the point where a lot of brands (including many generic and store brands) are figuring out that you need to do a different level of carbonation for sparkling water versus soda, but i still run across a brand once in a while that hasn't mastered it

4) costco has (in my area anyway) one of the better everyday prices for sparkling water. but i do often see better prices for it when it goes on sale at other stores

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Carbonated water: they suck and all taste bad

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sparkling water? no thanks, I'd rather have a pepsi.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Keep hoping to see the multipack of Vintage Seltzer at my Costco. Mega Bubbles.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Carbonated water: they suck and all taste bad

Agreed

I got a free sample of a new coffee flavored San pellegrino. One sip and it went straight into the trash.

I appreciate free samples so I know what to avoid.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like the lemon san pellegrino it is awesomely sour.

Some of the other flavours are weirdly bitter though, do not like.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Meanwhile I bought a SodaStream to make ultra carbonated water which I drink straight 90% of the time and occasionally use for fancy mixed drinks :mrgw:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

sparkling water? no thanks, I'd rather have a pepsi.

Just one Pepsi

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

david_a posted:

Meanwhile I bought a SodaStream to make ultra carbonated water which I drink straight 90% of the time and occasionally use for fancy mixed drinks :mrgw:

Yeah just do this but it with DrinkMate instead. Kinda wasteful in a ton of ways to be blasting through cans or bottles of pre-made sparkling water on the reg

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like sparkling rear end water and the only flavor that bothers me is Lacroix Hibiscus, which I used to like at some point. It's real nice because a few of my friends buy variety packs and give me their lemon/lime/key lime/tangerine/whatever the gently caress I don't care just no hibiscus

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
All sparkling water is boring and I drink one to two cans per day. It's hard to have much of an opinion on them when the flavor barely exists. I prefer some over others but always buy the cheapest.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

david_a posted:

Love me some carbonated water with a few dashes of angostura bitters

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

david_a posted:

FYI, you can buy adaptor hoses off Amazon that let you hook it up to a standard CO2 tank instead of having to constantly deal with the proprietary bottles.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

All carbonated water tastes like metallic Co2 with a vague aftertaste of flavor. I was so sad to find this out because I love both water and carbonation. Combine the two and it’s just sadness all the way down.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SamDabbers posted:

These also freeze well, and come out moist and chewy after 15 seconds in the micro wave.

Alternatively put then in for 8 seconds to make them warm enough to separate with a butter knife, then put in the ingredients for a melt and nuke it to your hearts content. There's hot sandwichs, then there are hot sandwiches.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

All you carbonated water haters need to try Sparkling Ice.

Tastes way more like soda, still zero calories

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sparkling ice is straight trash.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You're trash.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I drink filtered tap water or failing that Kirkland signature bottled water, which is filtered tap water.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FogHelmut posted:

I drink filtered tap water or failing that Kirkland signature bottled water, which is filtered tap water.

Yeah same. I drink it out my Kirkland water filter pitcher:smug:

Crisp baby!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm sorry to have brought this sparkling water derail into the thread. It never would have happened if my church just had it in stock as usual.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sparkling water is trash just drink sugar water.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Diet Dew is the best Sparkaling water

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I like sparkling water but the bubbles make me burp too much, anyone know of any good sparkling waters without the bubbles?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

StormDrain posted:

All sparkling water is boring and I drink one to two cans per day. It's hard to have much of an opinion on them when the flavor barely exists. I prefer some over others but always buy the cheapest.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

All carbonated water tastes like metallic Co2 with a vague aftertaste of flavor. I was so sad to find this out because I love both water and carbonation. Combine the two and it’s just sadness all the way down.

Spindrift is pretty good. It's more expensive than most sparkling water, but is flavored with fruit juice and doesn't have the weird aftertaste many flavored sparkling waters have.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

SamDabbers posted:

Yeah they are awesome. We have been buying a bag and then freezing them two to a bag and they really hold up.

Also everyone who is into Costco should invest in a vacuum sealer. Buy a rotisserie chicken, shred it when you get home, freeze it and then whenever you want a quick taco, burrito or chicken salad sandwich you just take a pack out and defrost. Super handy.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Renegret posted:

Agreed

I got a free sample of a new coffee flavored San pellegrino. One sip and it went straight into the trash.

I appreciate free samples so I know what to avoid.

I got that in a Hello Fresh box as a sample and it was loving disgusting.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Lutha Mahtin posted:

2) variety packs can be very hit or miss. MY WIFE and i rarely buy variety packs of sparkling water at costco because most of the combos that we see there include a flavor that one of us hates. if one of the minor flavors of a pack is an unknown, i might go for it, but i won't buy a pack where most of the cans are unknown flavors to me

Variety packs are equally for getting a little bit of all the flavors you like or, conversely, so you can try flavors you normally wouldn't want to buy a whole case of

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Coffee San pellegrino sounds atrocious

Polar seltzer is where it's at, and we just found Aha which is a close second

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Johnny Truant posted:

Coffee San pellegrino sounds atrocious

Polar seltzer is where it's at, and we just found Aha which is a close second

Aha is good. The Kroger seltzer isn’t bad either. Costco seltzer is still the supreme value per can. I buy it every time I see it because it randomly disappears for months sometimes.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

bagmonkey posted:

https://slickdeals.net/f/15182212-costco-member-only-savings-valid-august-4-august-29th

New Costco ad leak is up on Slickdeals and I see that the LG CordZero A916 Cordless Stick Vac is on sale. Has anyone used the LG stick vac before? The extra battery is a huge selling point to me, since we have multiple cats and an old house.

My thoughts on this item:

quote:

I was really impressed with the Dyson stick vacuum my buddy had and my wife was looking to replace our extremely tired Shark upright, so we went a-shoppin' last weekend. Turns out, the LG CordZero stick vacuum was on sale for $130 off, and its performance compares favorably with the Dyson so we went with that one.

Man, this thing fucks. Two batteries, one can remain in the charger on standby, it's light, powerful, attachments are a breeze to connect and disconnect...I can't believe I've been lugging around a heavy, corded vacuum like a caveman my entire life. Highly recommended.

Still a big fan of it. The canister is on the somewhat smaller end, but it's a breeze to empty (takes literally seconds).

Being able to remove the long main tube and essentially have a dustbuster that takes any of the attachments is a real gem, too. Makes vacuuming stairs way easier.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I've been drinking a lot of the Bai Lemonade variety pack that Costco has. 10 calories per 18 ounces and pretty tasty.

Unfortunately my 'co has been out of them for awhile. :(

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Costco in the US just needs to carry the one true brand of flavored water, Volvic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just wish they'd sell Pepsi with real sugar in those 30-pack pallets.